How long to change a mentality?

TroyDyer

When a club get promoted, they generally start well. They are full of confidence, and normally have a winning mentality. 

When a club get relegated, they generally start poorly, for the reasons opposite to the ones above. 

The side that was here already will be suffering a hangover from the last 15 games, and will take time to get that confidence back. 

But looking at the new players, ability aside...

Carson - Relegated

Shackell - Relegated

Baird - Relegation battle

Weimann - Relegation battle

Pearce - Relegation battle

Ince & Bent - Part of the last 15 game mentality.

Is it just that they need to be convinced that they are winners again? Genuinely feel that is part of the problem at the moment. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can also look at it the other way. All of those listed apart from Shackell and Ince(if you discount the england youth teams) have played for their national teams so that clearly illustrates that they have the quality.

On the mentality side you can say that players like Shackell and Pearce have the mental strength to get out of this division because they have in the past.

Finally Clement has a winning mentality so if any players did have some issues mentality, he would be able to change  that.

Hasn't anyone told those in charge that changing the direction of play might not be a good idea.   

Apart from being  an insult to North Stand , there is always a feeling of apprehension  when play starts the 'wrong way round' and a loss anticipated.  Most of all the players don't get slagged off if they miss in front of North Stand.  Moans and groans and exasperation but not abuse.

Tradition is best left undisturbed ???

Hasn't anyone told those in charge that changing the direction of play might not be a good idea.   

Apart from being  an insult to North Stand , there is always a feeling of apprehension  when play starts the 'wrong way round' and a loss anticipated.  Most of all the players don't get slagged off if they miss in front of North Stand.  Moans and groans and exasperation but not abuse.

Felt we needed the change. Time for a fresh start.

When a club get promoted, they generally start well. They are full of confidence, and normally have a winning mentality. 

When a club get relegated, they generally start poorly, for the reasons opposite to the ones above. 

The side that was here already will be suffering a hangover from the last 15 games, and will take time to get that confidence back. 

Carson - Relegated

Shackell - Relegated

Is it just that they need to be convinced that they are winners again? Genuinely feel that is part of the problem at the moment. 

Very intelligent choice of thread TroyDyer.

Seven new players, so many new staff and new formations may be as significant  in trying to overcome the malaise. Several players know that they are playing for their career.now.The players who would go to a bigger club than Derby if transferred are not worried about their career. The fact that so few Derby players have attracted interest from other clubs is an indication of how other clubs see our players..If we do not look an organised side that is winning games after ten fixtures then we have failed to beat the malaise and more players will need to come in.

Felt we needed the change. Time for a fresh start.

I agree. Commented on that at the start. Was nice to have them kicking towards us second half. Sometimes an atmosphere can literally suck the ball in. That won't be lost on the club. 

Carson - Relegated

Shackell - Relegated

Very good point Troy and something that shouldn't be under estimated. I think you may be right.

I fail to see how it's an insult to change which stand they ko towards?

As for Ince and Bent, couldn't have damaged them too much or they wouldn't have come back.

Although they may see it that the main problem has been removed?

Seven new players, so many new staff and new formations may be as significant  in trying to overcome the malaise. Several players know that they are playing for their career.now.The players who would go to a bigger club than Derby if transferred are not worried about their career. The fact that so few Derby players have attracted interest from other clubs is an indication of how other clubs see our players..If we do not look an organised side that is winning games after ten fixtures then we have failed to beat the malaise and more players will need to come in.

If they haven't. Not every enquiry falls on the editors desk. Generally it only evolves if there is interest from the player/selling club. Otherwise it's "what's the deal with Keogh?" "Not for sale". "Ok. Bye".

If they haven't. Not every enquiry falls on the editors desk. Generally it only evolves if there is interest from the player/selling club. Otherwise it's "what's the deal with Keogh?" "Not for sale". "Ok. Bye".

I agree with you, but serious inquiries may allegedly involve press leaks. Why do people on here think that Alan Nixon is ITK with Derby County proceedings, it can only be a mole, intelligent leaking, agent activity or some factor unknown to us.

I never realised that we were powered by magnetism - or is it ley lines?

I agree with you, but serious inquiries may allegedly involve press leaks. Why do people on here think that Alan Nixon is ITK with Derby County proceedings, it can only be a mole, intelligent leaking, agent activity or some factor unknown to us.

It must be a piss-poor mole then, because he's been feeding Nixon crap for a year.

I have a mole in my lawn at the rear of my house. It is like walking on a trampoline. Catter - mole, holy- moley, mole- grip, mole-ybdenum, mole-cule, se -mole-na, or guacemole., 

It must be a piss-poor mole then, because he's been feeding Nixon crap for a year.

I have a mole in my lawn at the rear of my house. It is like walking on a trampoline. Catter - mole, holy- moley, mole- grip, mole-ybdenum, mole-cule, se -mole-na, or guacemole., 

Try a mole-tov cocktail

Archived