How long to change a mentality?

TroyDyer

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nixon always gets the information first because he is a pre-mole-ar. There is something to get your teeth into, Eddie.

Not incisorive enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...

@TroyDyer raised a brilliant point that I think most of us hadn't really given enough consideration to. I think he's spot on.

Maybe they need a week away in Mallorca on a team bonding exercise or something similar.

There's a good set of lads and a very decent set of players capable of promotion inside that squad somewhere.

Something isn't right confidence wise and there's nowt better than 10 days in the sun to sort that out.

I hope we don't "run" them in training.

Give them a couple of days off and a couple of days of relaxing, maybe even a beer or two.

@TroyDyer raised a brilliant point that I think most of us hadn't really given enough consideration to. I think he's spot on.

Maybe they need a week away in Mallorca on a team bonding exercise or something similar.

There's a good set of lads and a very decent set of players capable of promotion inside that squad somewhere.

Something isn't right confidence wise and there's nowt better than 10 days in the sun to sort that out.

I hope we don't "run" them in training.

Give them a couple of days off and a couple of days of relaxing, maybe even a beer or two.

The problem is a lot of our players go away to play international football.

I don't really see the connection to be honest. There are a multitude of examples where a team gets relegated and returns at the first attempt - or players go down with one club and come up fine at another.

There are. But there are a multitude of times a team comes down and continues the downward spiral. It might be nothing. It might be everything. The Derby players heads aren't right. That is clear for Stevie Wonder to see. Something ain't right. 

I don't really see the connection to be honest. There are a multitude of examples where a team gets relegated and returns at the first attempt - or players go down with one club and come up fine at another.

I reckon you'll find many more examples of momentum carrying on, winning or losing.

Troy's point wasn't just around the "exisitng" squad, it was around the majority (if not all) of the players we brought in.

Have we brought in anyone with that consistent winning mentality? Apart from Clement.

Every single member of our squad had an indifferent season at best, we've not brought anyone in with that spring in their step having come off the back of a successful season.

Honestly Bris, I think it's under estimated what a tough season or a bad end to the season takes out of you, especially if you get off to a bad start.

Of course if we'd have made those signings and come back and won the first 3, then it would have been different, but we've lost one of our talismans in Hughes and it seems as if there are a few feeling a bit sorry for themselves. Even the decent performers seem angry and holding on to last year a bit too much, look no further than Keogh for that.

Confidence plays a huge huge part and ours is seemingly at rock bottom.

I reckon you'll find many more examples of momentum carrying on, winning or losing.

Troy's point wasn't just around the "exisitng" squad, it was around the majority (if not all) of the players we brought in.

Have we brought in anyone with that consistent winning mentality? Apart from Clement.

Every single member of our squad had an indifferent season at best, we've not brought anyone in with that spring in their step having come off the back of a successful season.

Honestly Bris, I think it's under estimated what a tough season or a bad end to the season takes out of you, especially if you get off to a bad start.

Of course if we'd have made those signings and come back and won the first 3, then it would have been different, but we've lost one of our talismans in Hughes and it seems as if there are a few feeling a bit sorry for themselves. Even the decent performers seem angry and holding on to last year a bit too much, look no further than Keogh for that.

Confidence plays a huge huge part and ours is seemingly at rock bottom.

I don't deny that it can have an effect, I just think in our particular case, it's a lot more simple than that. Something seemingly isn't right at the club, but I think you all know already where I firmly place the blame.

I don't deny that it can have an effect, I just think in our particular case, it's a lot more simple than that. Something seemingly isn't right at the club, but I think you all know already where I firmly place the blame.

I agree with you that the recruitment team have been poor Bris, you'll get no arguments with me there.

But the recruitment team aren't responsible for lifting the players surely?

Even with the two or three (or 5) dodgy signings taken out there's still a bloody good squad there. There's still a real footballing side, there's still goals and there's still the attacking threat.

If not then where the hell has best part of *20m quid gone? (*guestimate)

If you went through our 1-11 today, position for position, player for player you'd have to say we have better players than Leeds, would you take any of them over our lot (Bamba aside who looks real class, possibly Cook who's looked brilliant as well)

Archived