Barry Bannan

PistoldPete2

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barry Bannan will not solve the problem but he may be of use in conjunction with another signing.There is no-one at the Club to take the team by the scruff of the neck. We have two very difficult fixtures coming up. I cannot see us getting anything from Boro and Birmingham do not fear us.

If we signed bannan , gounongbe , and a CDM like bridcutt I would be more than happy with the squad for the current season with anyone  else being a bonus!

We've spent £10 million, a hell of a lot of money for the Championship, anyone's a bonus at this stage for me.

PistoldPete2

Barry Bannan will not solve the problem but he may be of use in conjunction with another signing.There is no-one at the Club to take the team by the scruff of the neck. We have two very difficult fixtures coming up. I cannot see us getting anything from Boro and Birmingham do not fear us.

I think we can take something from both games even if it is only two more draws. We had some players below par today but still managed 27 shots against a team who had just beaten QPR. Any other day we would have won, and I think we have power to add. 

I think we can take something from both games even if it is only two more draws. We had some players below par today but still managed 27 shots against a team who had just beaten QPR. Any other day we would have won, and I think we have power to add. 

Today's match was supposedly easier than Boro or Brum away. I forecast a 1-1 draw.

Can't believe we're considering that he "might" have improved since he was here when he was 19 years old and had literally never played a professional domestic game before. 

Not sure how 131 professional games and 20 international caps since then could have possibly improved him as a player in any way shape or form, much safer to assume he's exactly the same player we saw in 2009. Most professional footballers never improve between the ages of 19 and 25 anyway.

Next.

27 shots and 1 goal? Am I the only person looking at this and wondering how only 1 goal was scored from so many shots??

27 shots and 1 goal? Am I the only person looking at this and wondering how only 1 goal was scored from so many shots??

Probably.

The rest of us went and saw for ourselves.

PistoldPete2

as I said, some players were below par today. Ince being one, and martin til he perked up later in the game. And russell. So the forwards weren't great. Hence 27 shots and only one goal. Plus some very good blocking from defenders and keeper. 

Can't believe we're considering that he "might" have improved since he was here when he was 19 years old and had literally never played a professional domestic game before. 

Not sure how 131 professional games and 20 international caps since then could have possibly improved him as a player in any way shape or form, much safer to assume he's exactly the same player we saw in 2009. Most professional footballers never improve between the ages of 19 and 25 anyway.

Next.

I love it when you can barely suppress your rage

• 2 weeks later...

Archived