DC1 and DC2 Bus Scrapped

RicME85

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't arriva got loads of other buses going into Pride Park, or aren't they as good?

Train w@nker myself.

That is their reasoning behind it, problem is you have to get a bus to the city centre and then another one that serves Pride Park.

DC1 used to go to and from Mickleover to Pride Park via Ladybank Road, East Avenue, the Hollow, the Oaklands pub and Village Street to Pride Park Stadium

DC2 would go to and from Wragley Way in Sinfin via Asda Sinfin, Osmaston Park Road and the Mitre pub

I used to use the DC2 when I first got my season ticket, would park in Asda and wheel my chair to the bus stop, never had an issue with the service, never knew it to deviate from the route and was within a few minutes of times specified for stops, usually because of traffic, nothing else.

I park now in the Riverside carpark as I car share but there are going to be a lot of unhappy people, the bus was always packed when I used it.

That is their reasoning behind it, problem is you have to get a bus to the city centre and then another one that serves Pride Park.

DC1 used to go to and from Mickleover to Pride Park via Ladybank Road, East Avenue, the Hollow, the Oaklands pub and Village Street to Pride Park Stadium

DC2 would go to and from Wragley Way in Sinfin via Asda Sinfin, Osmaston Park Road and the Mitre pub

I used to use the DC2 when I first got my season ticket, would park in Asda and wheel my chair to the bus stop, never had an issue with the service, never knew it to deviate from the route and was within a few minutes of times specified for stops, usually because of traffic, nothing else.

I park now in the Riverside carpark as I car share but there are going to be a lot of unhappy people, the bus was always packed when I used it.

It's a puzzle that they want to cancel a service that makes money.

That white bus from town has also been scrapped.

Unsure of name and number for it.

Twas the 111 service, now defunct, replaced by the D2 & D3 service which leaves from outside the Court house every 15 minutes, drops you off at the Arena door, right near WS car park. 

Also just to let ppl know that Sir Bradley Wiggins is racing at the arena tomorrow so surrounding areas might be more choked up than usual.

Arena users have been told to park in Alvaston car park and walk there, but some won't do this and will add to the congestion and take up spaces, so if you're parking close to the ipro, get there early. 

Not great planning by the arena I'm thinking, to have 2 events clash, but there you go.

Twas the 111 service, now defunct, replaced by the D2 & D3 service which leaves from outside the Court house every 15 minutes, drops you off at the Arena door, right near WS car park. 

Also just to let ppl know that Sir Bradley Wiggins is racing at the arena tomorrow so surrounding areas might be more choked up than usual.

Arena users have been told to park in Alvaston car park and walk there, but some won't do this and will add to the congestion and take up spaces, so if you're parking close to the ipro, get there early. 

Not great planning by the arena I'm thinking, to have 2 events clash, but there you go.

Bradley Wiggins? Does that mean there'll be hundreds of MuespachRam lookalikes all over the gaff ?

Archived