Great point away from home

Two injuries in the first half. The Hughes one especially would have made the players think he was out all season and knocked the stuffing out of them.

Very proud of our team tonight, anybody that isn't needs a reality check and all the spending we have done must have gone to their heads because they thought we would turn into Real Madrid overnight.

Can't wait for Wednesday night. Come on Derby. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Two injuries in the first half. The Hughes one especially would have made the players think he was out all season and knocked the stuffing out of them.

Very proud of our team tonight, anybody that isn't needs a reality check and all the spending we have done must have gone to their heads because they thought we would turn into Real Madrid overnight.

Can't wait for Wednesday night. Come on Derby. 

We don't need a reality check and we have no idea yet about the Hughes or the Bryson injuries .

It's not the draw that's the problem, it's the way we earned it.

We were extremely fortunate to come away with a draw against a rubbish team who will be in the bottom six this season. We created nothing.

No point getting our knickers ina twist though. It was a poor attacking performance, and now the lads must make it up for it with a much better display against Charlton.

We were extremely fortunate to come away with a draw against a rubbish team who will be in the bottom six this season. We created nothing.

No point getting our knickers ina twist though. It was a poor attacking performance, and now the lads must make it up for it with a much better display against Charlton.

First competitive game and two injuries that took us off stride. It couldn't have started worse really.

We really weren't as bad as you're making out. And that Bolton side won't be in the bottom 6 under Lennon

(Put's on tin helmet) I would argue the draws against Huddersfield, Rotherham and Millwall last season were great points away from home after seemingly capitulating earlier in the games, I don't rate Bolton and wonder if we (the manager) worried more about them rather than have them worry about us, that's "the Derby way" isn't it ?

How many attempts did we have on their goal ? Anyway, my head's not going in the oven just yet, I'm pleased Clement didn't suffer a defeat in his competitive  managerial debut but I still think we have the talent to deal quite comfortably with the Bolton's of this division.

Onwards and whatever it is, COYR.

Anybody that stresses out after one game away from home on the first game of a new manager, seriously needs to get a grip. 

Some people just like to moan and it seems like a lot of people on here are like that.

got to agree we must judge the new coach with his team selection and tactics once we have played about 10 matches.

You can't have that attitude though. You go to games to win or there's no point. 

I'm not dissapointed with the result. I'd be less bothered if we'd had a real go and come undone against a Bolton side that put on a great display on opening day at home. I'd be less bothered if we had a real go and lost to a flukey goal.

What irritated me is that the passing was sluggish. The movement was poor. The formation didn't work. It was a poor combination of players not having the passing options and a few of them moving the ball at snail pace. 

Not worried. It will take time to settle. Clement is trying to develop something here. Quite a few changes from last season. 

But I'm not going to pretend today showed loads of positives. It didn't. It was pedestrian. Doesn't mean next week will be or that there's a nightmare season ahead. 

I just can't congratulate Derby on this isolated match. It was negative and slow. 

The one thing we take from this game along with a point is a lot of what not to do. Because it was 'meh'

Draw away matches and Win home matches and we'll go up! 

That used to work when you got 2 points for a win and one for a draw.

Not sure it still does when a draw and a win lose 33.333333333% rather than 25& of available points.

Maybe Albert cold look into this as our resident statistician

A point from Bolton is hardly great. Bolton will struggle this season as they did last season. We should win most of the lower half teams also away if we want to go up. Let's just hope Hughes isn't done for the season.

That used to work when you got 2 points for a win and one for a draw.

Not sure it still does when a draw and a win lose 33.333333333% rather than 25& of available points.

Maybe Albert cold look into this as our resident statistician

Still works, we would end up with 92 points, which would almost certainly result in promotion.

Surely I can't be the only one who was baffled by two decisions today

1) why did Bryson start?? I bet Jeff would have been gutted and Bryson clearly wasn't fit! 

2) why didn't Clement change us to a 4-2-3-1 when Hughes and Bryson went off but carried on playing the diamond for the entire game, it clearly didn't work. We were lucky to get out of there with a point, let's not sugar coat it.

Long season ahead and we will need to improve significantly if autos are our aim 

Sith Happens

I think it was a good solid point...first game of the season to me is so hard to judge...bolton would have been up for it, they may still have a poor season but first game at home they are going to put in a fighting performance, just look at us in the PL even we did against portsmouth.

Surely I can't be the only one who was baffled by two decisions today

1) why did Bryson start?? I bet Jeff would have been gutted and Bryson clearly wasn't fit! 

2) why didn't Clement change us to a 4-2-3-1 when Hughes and Bryson went off but carried on playing the diamond for the entire game, it clearly didn't work. We were lucky to get out of there with a point, let's not sugar coat it.

Long season ahead and we will need to improve significantly if autos are our aim 

3) Why has Warnock not retired?

Archived