Thank god for Mel Morris

A slight negative (given the current situation it's difficult finding something to be negative about).

Im slightly nosey on Twitter and I'm getting slightly annoyed with one of our owners and their responses to fans who tweet them.

Some tweets to our owners/journalists are sickly at best but the responses I've seen from a certain person high up at Derby to what appear to be normal questions is bang out of order.

My relief at Mel Morris is because he, rush and now John Vicars since he left Tw@tter remain professional, interacting with the fans when necessary and certainly not talking to the fans like second class citizens.

I used to think the individual was such a cool investor to have, now I just see them as nothing more than a wealthy snappy dragon.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No mileage in picking up anything negative about the Ownership at Derby County. This is a system working in a way that many Clubs could only marvel at. God has a capital 'G'. that is why He is called 'Big G'. He has a capital 'G' in your name! Give credit where it is due,. MackworthRamisGo

d  :)

I'm not questioning how the club is being run, we are the absolute envy of the championship and are in very good shape.

My point was in regards to certain conduct with fans and whether cold, stern replies is really needed when most fans are only tweeting due to be excited about potential signings or the upcoming season.

It isn't negative, just an observation.

I have seen a few tweets from said person and thought he seems a bit funny. Could be arrogance or just lost in translation a little bit. Hard to get your feelings across over Twitter and such sometimes. 

I only take umbrage to the fact that he'll pointlessly sit in the south stand for the first half, usually on his phone for most of the half, and then go back to the boxes at half time. 

Waste of a seat but he's probably a sound dragon... man... person. 

What a ******** thread. I would say that Wilson, Rush and Morris are superstars in what is becoming the greatest Derby club since the Clough era. Love them to death, and wouldn't have them do a single thing differently.

That would be Brian Clough lest there be confusion. :)

What a ******** thread. I would say that Wilson, Rush and Morris are superstars in what is becoming the greatest Derby club since the Clough era. Love them to death, and wouldn't have them do a single thing differently.

That would be Brian Clough lest there be confusion. :)

He lives!

U must have wasted more writing that post me old fruit cake ;) 

Could you drop me your email, I wouldn't mind sending you a draft of each post to read over before I post on here, just to make sure it meets your approval.

I wasn't sure I was actually asking any questions in my post? Or garnering opinion? I just placed a post on a message board.

Could you drop me your email, I wouldn't mind sending you a draft of each post to read over before I post on here, just to make sure it meets your approval.

I wasn't sure I was actually asking any questions in my post? Or garnering opinion? I just placed a post on a message board.

So what, you posted it on here just to bark in the dark? This is a forum. A platform for people to discuss things. If you weren't asking any questions or inviting other people's thoughts on your opinion, then what was the point? If you want a vapid space for people to ignore your comments, I suggest Twitter.

not necessary but thanks for the offer. 

If all we ever did was post stuff and not expect any comment how would threads even happen? 

I would like to have opinions and contribute to the forum but if I have no idea who you're talking about I can't do that. It surely has human rights implications. 

And don't call me a fruit cake either, I'm a bit thick maybe but that's about all 

Archived