Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

Could well be the formation to use away from home. Based on this assumption i fully expect us to take the field against Bolton with a 4-2-3-1. Same side as today except Grant, Keogh and Martin for Carson, Shotton and Bent

Despite the fact that Christie played pretty well, I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see Ssewankambo start at Bolton

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For me:

Carson - 6, Didn't have much to do, shaky start and kicking wasn't great

Christie - 7, Looked really promising going forward but didn't get to see much defensively

Shotton - 4, By far our worst player, not really any positives about him

Shackell - 8, Calm and controlled on the ball, read the game really well, a good performance considering it was his first 90 mins! 

Forsyth - 7, Really good going forwards and put a couple of good crosses in, didn't do much wrong defensively

Baird - 7, Quite slow to get things moving but didn't do anything wrong and was solid

Thorne - 7, Controlled the game and passing was good but didn't do anything special

Ince - 5, Didn't notice him much, got a bit lucky sometimes but didn't really look a threat

Russell - 8, Played really well today, got another goal and should really be one of the first players on the team sheet for Bolton

Weimann - 8, Worked his socks off today and got a goal, another one I would put on the team sheet!

Bent - 6, Got a bit lucky with the goal but other than that he didn't really do anything special

Ssewankambo - 7, Not full of confidence but looked really strong and good going forward, I would pick him against Bolton

Keogh - 7, Looked shaky to start but came into the game a bit and didn't make any mistakes so solid performance

Hanson - 8, Really good performance  from Hanson, I don't think he misplaced a pass. Wasn't afraid to put a tackle in either! 

Hendrick - 7, Solid performance from him today, good on the ball but nothing special

Hughes - 7, Great touch and good in possesion but didn't do much, The ball stuck to his feet whenever he had it

Dawkins - 7, Very good on the ball but same as hughes, he didn't really do much with it

Martin - 8, Played really well and was unlucky to not get a goal/assist, Brought a bit of pace to the game and was strong in possession

I think that's everyone!  

Had we our best defenders on when they scored, not being a killjoy but I would have liked a clean sheet with only a week to go to Bolton . 

Happened just after the substitutions, with Ssewankambo and Keogh coming on. Not quite organised themselves at the time. 

Trying to work out why BovrilRam thought that Shotton was so poor. He didn't miss a single challenge, didn't miss a single header, didn't lose possession and didn't misplace a single pass. Not one.

4-2-3-1 is a good little formation, lets the full backs and the front four attack whilst two defensive mids and centre backs cover

Carson - 6 - One fumble, other than that looked good. Seemed to want to take free kicks where he said, not where the ref said

Christie - 6 - Getting closer to the Christie that we used to know

Shotton - 7 - Looked quite good, confident on the ball

Shackell - 8 - Has he been here all pre season? Looking good value for money so far

Forsyth - 7 - Attacked well and defended well, gave away the free kick for there goal mind

Baird - 7 - Another no nonsense display, good tackles, good passing, good leadership

Thorne - 7 - Looks to have found his range now, passes mostly dead on and looks pretty much 100% fit

Russell - 7 -  Worked hard, caused trouble. Definitely offside for the third.

Ince - 7 - The quietest of the starting three attacking mids, did have some good efforts and build up. Lacked end product for himself.

Weimann - 7 - I do like Weimann alot, got great pace and a lovely finish on him.

Bent - 6 - Nice finish but quiet for most of the game, pretty standard to him though

Subs

Ssewankambo - 6 - He dont look bad for a young lad, definitley an option if injuries hit

Keogh - 6 - Didnt do anything wrong, or anything brilliant. Carried the ball out of defence, looked good with Shackell

Hanson - 6 - Another good option as back up, strong in the tackle and good on the ball

Hendrick - 6 - Worked hard and took a nice free kick

Martin - 7 - Probably should have scored, looks the quickest I've ever seen him. Link up play excellent.

Dawkins - 7 - Looked excellent during build up play, excellent control and passing and always in space.

Hughes - 7 - Looked as good as he did against Villareal, excellent.

Trying to work out why BovrilRam thought that Shotton was so poor. He didn't miss a single challenge, didn't miss a single header, didn't lose possession and didn't misplace a single pass. Not one.

i was at the game today and also agree that shotton was poor, imo him and Christie jus aren't good enough defensively

Easy target for some like keogh. Won't be given a chance by some

Man of the match - Russell, tireless and clever, can't comment on his goal as I'd left by then.

Villain of the match - Russell, smacked me straight in the Bowlocks with a pre-match effort while I was distracted!

Never felt pain like it, those pro boys sure hit it hard, I lasted till 70ish mins, before I could stand no more. Anyone know how long you should pee blood for before you call a doctor?

Because his name is not shackell ??

Man of the match - Russell, tireless and clever, can't comment on his goal as I'd left by then.

Villain of the match - Russell, smacked me straight in the Bowlocks with a pre-match effort while I was distracted!

Never felt pain like it, those pro boys sure hit it hard, I lasted till 70ish mins, before I could stand no more. Anyone know how long you should pee blood for before you call a doctor?

About twenty seconds, hope they have eased a little

East target for some like keogh. Won't be given a chance by some

not at all, I thought he looked slow on the ball, hesitant, played back instead of forwards far to often and never seemed to look confident on the ball.( against bafc) never mind in the championship. Definitely think he will be at best 4th choice cb this season. I was surprised by how good Baird was today tho, thought he played really well and controlled the game.

Magic sponge should do the trick. Should be able to run that one off easily

"Daren Bent, Andreas Weimann and Johnny Russell notched the goals, and it could have been better for the visitors had they been a little more prolific in front of goal."

Who? Rule number 1 Bris, proof read! Very poor!

I listened to it on the Radio today. When Clement gets this team playing the way that he wants and changing formations seamlessly we are going to bamboozle good sides and catch them on the hop big time. He has got players of quality all over the squad. My only concerns are left fullback and what happens if Hughes gets injured. We can win matches without Martin now, which we could not do before. Clement is a very clever guy and I will be amazed if we do not have a great season next year.I see us dominating games and forcing them to play the way  that we want them to play, only to sucker them by changing tactics. i see a mentality developing like at Chelsea, if we cannot beat them one way then we will beat them another way. Clement may be well ahead of Maclaren but we will see. It may take time to settle a team. i could pick about ten sides but the 4-2-3-1 formation looks very exciting to me.

Archived