Burton (Something) v Derby County

i-Ram

Anyone got any videos of all the goals on not the shitty views from behind the goal which you see nothing other than the ball in the net.

That nice American guy put a video of Bent's goal up. Perhaps he'd be so kind as to put the others on?

#weloveAR

:D

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clogging up the trains and M1 to see a final at the national stadium for a sport that isn't a national sport in an area of the country where nobody plays it. :( 

If they have to do it can't they just go to Old Trafford or summat?

The Rugby League Challenge Cup Final has been played at Wembley since 1929.

Derby County are a football team. Football is THE national sport. Now maybe theres an argument for putting the national stadium in the East Midlands but no thinking a regional sport should have its final in the region it's played is not equivalent to thinking the national sport should have its final in the national stadium.

Common sense has nothing to do with it? It has everything to do with it.

I'm sorry to hear that I would kill your joy by having the final held at Old Trafford. If your enjoyment is so dependant on the stadium it's held in then maybe you should follow a less naff sport to keep your joy more secure.

Every sport is the national sport, only football fans that want to call other sports naff and complain about where they hold their finals and state common sense says it should be at Old Trafford, should maybe ask the 80,000 plus Rugby League fans where they would like to travel too and watch it, and you might then realise that your common sense is not as common as you think. Hope you enjoy the Rams beating Leeds at lunch time, followed by HKR beating Leeds at Wembley as much as I will that day. As for Old Trafford you can go watch Man Utd there, as much as you like, but I won't be joining you!

Wembley......Wembley........Wembley.

Every sport is the national sport, only football fans that want to call other sports naff and complain about where they hold their finals and state common sense says it should be at Old Trafford, should maybe ask the 80,000 plus Rugby League fans where they would like to travel too and watch it, and you might then realise that your common sense is not as common as you think. Hope you enjoy the Rams beating Leeds at lunch time, followed by HKR beating Leeds at Wembley as much as I will that day. As for Old Trafford you can go watch Man Utd there, as much as you like, but I won't be joining you!

Wembley......Wembley........Wembley.

As I live/work in the Leeds area I certainly hope you do beat the Rhinocerouses. The fact you have to transport your version of common sense from the north to the south in order for the common sense to be prevalent rather makes my point for me does it not?

That nice American guy put a video of Bent's goal up. Perhaps he'd be so kind as to put the others on?

#weloveAR

:D

He linked that from the DCFC YouTube channel. For some reason they don't have the other goals up, only behind the goal views.

He linked that from the DCFC YouTube channel. For some reason Because they want you to buy a Rams Player subscription they don't have the other goals up, only behind the goal views.

ftfy

I'm all for supporters being given the right to air their opinion, but some comments are just ridiculous. Worst part about it is some fans will actively hope for Christie to struggle, just so they can be proven right.

I might be mistaken, but perhaps some of the negativity comes from the fact that Christie and Shotts are black?  A few of you may recall I had the very same concerns for Dawks last season, and at the time one of the arguments put up (which made me smile at the time) was that it couldn't be colour prejudice because look how much Christie was loved. Despite the protestations at that time, I remain concerned that we still have a few amongst our fan base who will embrace certain players whilst they are on their A game. I do so hope Incey can hit the back of the net soon, otherwise we might start reading on Twitter how he is lazy, arrogant, laid back, money grabbing, etc., etc.  If I upset anybody, so sorry.  If I get some to examine their consciences, good. If it helps any of us to tackle actual racism when we see (or feel it) on the terraces, fantastic. 

Good win for the TEAM today I thought. 

I might be mistaken, but perhaps some of the negativity comes from the fact that Christie and Shotts are black?  A few of you may recall I had the very same concerns for Dawks last season, and at the time one of the arguments put up (which made me smile at the time) was that it couldn't be colour prejudice because look how much Christie was loved. Despite the protestations at that time, I remain concerned that we still have a few amongst our fan base who will embrace certain players whilst they are on their A game. I do so hope Incey can hit the back of the net soon, otherwise we might start reading on Twitter how he is lazy, arrogant, laid back, money grabbing, etc., etc.  If I upset anybody, so sorry.  If I get some to examine their consciences, good. If it helps any of us to tackle actual racism when we see (or feel it) on the terraces, fantastic. 

It's been very many years since I've heard any racist comments at a Derby game. 

Its possible you might be right i-ram but nevertheless I don't think it's good form to be saying things sound a bit racistey (it either is or it isn't) or go looking for racism when there is no evidence of it. Either provide evidence or say nothing. It's actually a terrible thing to accuse people of racism or suggest racism might be an underlying factor in somebody's thoughts without good evidence. I'm a bit surprised that post came from you if I'm honest.

Scapegoat number 1 is Keogh and he's a white bloke with a ginger beard. 

Having said that, it's you so you could be on a big wind up and I've just fallen for it.

Archived