Derby County v Villarreal

i-Ram

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Should be a good game, see where we are at. With Villarreal being a top half La Liga team which converted into real football is a bottom half Prem side where we are aiming to be next season. 

Tenuous grip on reality there, Daveo

tbh English teams have never really cared about the europa league and the last team that did was Fulham and they got all the way to final and Chris Baird played for them. 

Teams like Everton and Liverpool put their strongest teams out in the europa league last season but still flopped. What is the excuse for not caring last season when there is a guaranteed champions league spot up for grabs for the winners?

tbh English teams have never really cared about the europa league and the last team that did was Fulham and they got all the way to final and Chris Baird played for them. 

Too much is used to compare English and Spanish teams through cup competitions which is just daft. 

La Liga and even the Bundesliga have winter breaks, over Christmas Barca play 3 league games whilst Chelsea will play 6. Or Bayern will play just 3 games between 5th December and 23rd January, Chelsea? 9 games. This is without throwing in FA Cup games to the mix.

I'm not saying a winter break would help Chelsea beat Barca, Real or Bayern they are the best 3 teams in the world right now, it would help give the players a break, time to refresh. At the same time as a fan I love the Christmas football schedule.

It's been said by countless players how demanding this league is, to expect clubs to go out there and keep up in Europe is too much.

I still maintain outside the top 2 the Bundesliga and La Liga are nowhere near as competitive as the Premier League, last season after Chelsea's first Champions League game v Shalke they played Man City 4 days later. Second Champions League game away at Sporting they played Arsenal 5 days later.

You can't go saving players after European games against teams like that, we have Chelsea, Arsenal, Man Utd, Man City and even Liverpool a couple seasons ago all being strong contenders to win the league. 

Barca? 1st game v Apeol with 4 days later Levante, 2nd game v PSG 3 days after playing Granada. No comparison really, these are games against clubs which Barca finished with 50+ points more, an absolute walk over for them.

Give the English teams a winter break and help them out fixture wise for European games then we will see better performances in Europe. Football isn't a video game.

Way off topic now, I'll give myself a warning.

Clement will be looking to get his preferred team close to 90 minutes on this one.

Plenty to chose from but I'd like to see a starting line up of:

Grant

Ssewankambo

Pearce

Shackell

Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes

Bryson

Weimann

Martin

Bent

This is just me being curious, not saying it's the best starting lineup and is obviously hash on Russell.

Clement will be looking to get his preferred team close to 90 minutes on this one.

Plenty to chose from but I'd like to see a starting line up of:

Grant

Ssewankambo

Pearce

Shackell

Forsyth

Thorne

Hughes

Bryson

Weimann

Martin

Bent

This is just me being curious, not saying it's the best starting lineup and is obviously hash on Russell.

would say baird would be RB instead, Keogh will play unless a move appears before then, won't be leaving ince and russell out of the team, suspect bent and bryson would make way

I'd rather watch the stream, presuming that there will be one but I imagine that there will

Check it out on Wednesday afternoon.

Just gonna buy tickets on the door if I finish work early. Anyone reckon Shackell will get a run out? 

Where's he going to be fielding?

would say baird would be RB instead, Keogh will play unless a move appears before then, won't be leaving ince and russell out of the team, suspect bent and bryson would make way

It's likely but I really want to have a look at what the Martin and Bent partnership would be like. With a number 10 behind. I think Ince or Weimann could play that role, but I've been impressed with Weimann's movement this pre-season!

Archived