Neighbours

mozza

Neighbours  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

What are yours like ?

Mrs Mozza and myself are very easy going , help anyone  , our kids have moved out , we don't 

have music on loud , keep ourselves to ourselves . Next door are always on our case ,

moaning about anything and everything . A couple of years ago , we had a letter from the council 

telling us that we need to close our conservatory door more quietly. A few years ago we had a visit

from the RSPCA saying we were mistreating our Blind Saint Bernard dog , which we had rescued from 

a certain death , and kept well groomed till her natural life ended at the age of ten years .

The RSPCA said they had had a wasted visit as the dog was indeed very well cared for and well behaved ,

but couldn't tell me who had reported us .

Mrs Mozza donates a reasonable sum of her hard earned money to the RSPCA by Direct Debit and has

done for years . Our neighbours seem to be dictating to us how we live our lives , jealousy , maybe , we 

are nowt special tho .

The last few days , our conservatory window , which opens towards , (but not over) their property has mysteriously

been pushed shut everyday .

Well today i found out why ,  they are saying they can smell cigarette smoke everytime they come outside 

and telling us to keep our window shut . They think nothing of lighting a smelly fire in their garden on a warm

summers night when everyone has their windows open , only to be invaded by the smell of burning plastic , 

cardboard and god knows what else in a designated smokeless zone .

This is a short resume of what we are 'putting up with' over the 26 years we've lived here .

To add , Mrs Neighbour thinks nothing of spending up to 3 hours , everyday drinking coffee at our house with 

Mrs Mozza , bit rich that .

Anyway , how do you get on with yours ?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very well, thanks.

You seem to have the neighbours from hell. If you are a gardener, collect all your slugs and snails, wait for the neighbours to be out and just chuck the lot over the fence.

Very well, thanks.

You seem to have the neighbours from hell. If you are a gardener, collect all your slugs and snails, wait for the neighbours to be out and just chuck the lot over the fence.

i originally put 'NFH' in the title , but thought that would mislead the poll..

anyway , you're never home to see yours ..

:D

Poor @mozza, can't imagine anything worse than not being able to relax and enjoy the home you work for.

Wire the outside of the window up to the electric mains, that'll teach em!

Otherwise, with every little complaint, smile to yourself at how pathetic and uninteresting their life must be to be so petty.

Very well, thanks.

thats not neighbours from hell......

i know of one family in belper who would smash their neighbours windows, chuck paint over their neighbours house, and generally try and intimidate them.

thats not neighbours from hell......

i know of one family in belper who would smash their neighbours windows, chuck paint over their neighbours house, and generally try and intimidate them.

Isn't anyone living in Belper a 'Neighbour From Hell'? My cousin seems to think so.

.....and mozza, why invite invite mrs neighbour round if she is the source of the trouble?

She invites herself , normally when i'm @ work , she's a bit intimidating and goes to a lot of council meetings 

there's a word for her sort that slips my mind atm..

One side are pleasant, always say hello, or wave, no bother from them. The other side, the house attached to ours, likes to play their drums normally around the kids bed time at earliest, sometimes playing at 11 at night. The women likes to park over our front or in the middle of the two houses so when I come to park I have to park over the other sides drive. Annoingly they are quite nice and always chat when we see them.

The old boy next door loves his music. He's 80 and he's got a lovely electric guitar and a Karaoke machine.

I now know the words to Achey Breaky Heart off by heart thanks to him but I don't mind too much. His wife (an Emily Bishop lookylikey) don't like me though, sends my wife and both my lads birthday cards but I never get one (cow) and I water her chuffin' plants when they go on their holidays.

On the other side of us is lady that does dog grooming and she sorts out our Labradoodle whenever we want, it's great not having to book up and take her somewhere. So I guess we're quite lucky compared to you Mozza, personally I'd tell my Mrs I didn't want her from next door in our house and give 'em a drop of Led Zeppelin at number 11 every now and again. 

We're lucky, we don't have direct neighbours.

Instead, on the other side of the valley where we live there's a huge council estate - que chavs constantly wandering across the valley and ****ing about.

We've had to have CCTV put up, spot lamps, and a huge gate.

****ing chavs, why can't they just stay where they belong.

I currently live an an apartment, so don't really have such a problem.

But when I lived in England with my parents, we lived in a fairly quiet neighbourhood with plenty of retired couples. On one side they were really nice people, who'd always give us some vegetables from their greenhouse.

On the other side we had an interesting lady with OCD. So, as you can imagine, anything she cleaned from her front and back garden got thrown over the fence onto our side.

Not only that, she started to take exception to our ongoings and while we were out, she would hop over the fence (a lady in her 70s!) and start nosing around, until one day we caught her and had to have stern words.

Then again, we can't complain much. I used to play football in the back yard, broke both fences numerous times and used to hop over uninvitingly when I kicked it over. 

What are yours like ?

Mrs Mozza and myself are very easy going , help anyone  , our kids have moved out , we don't 

have music on loud , keep ourselves to ourselves . Next door are always on our case ,

moaning about anything and everything . A couple of years ago , we had a letter from the council 

telling us that we need to close our conservatory door more quietly. A few years ago we had a visit

from the RSPCA saying we were mistreating our Blind Saint Bernard dog , which we had rescued from 

a certain death , and kept well groomed till her natural life ended at the age of ten years .

The RSPCA said they had had a wasted visit as the dog was indeed very well cared for and well behaved ,

but couldn't tell me who had reported us .

Mrs Mozza donates a reasonable sum of her hard earned money to the RSPCA by Direct Debit and has

done for years . Our neighbours seem to be dictating to us how we live our lives , jealousy , maybe , we 

are nowt special tho .

The last few days , our conservatory window , which opens towards , (but not over) their property has mysteriously

been pushed shut everyday .

Well today i found out why ,  they are saying they can smell cigarette smoke everytime they come outside 

and telling us to keep our window shut . They think nothing of lighting a smelly fire in their garden on a warm

summers night when everyone has their windows open , only to be invaded by the smell of burning plastic , 

cardboard and god knows what else in a designated smokeless zone .

This is a short resume of what we are 'putting up with' over the 26 years we've lived here .

To add , Mrs Neighbour thinks nothing of spending up to 3 hours , everyday drinking coffee at our house with 

Mrs Mozza , bit rich that .

Anyway , how do you get on with yours ?

I get on fine with mine, cracking couple on one side, nice enough family who keep quiet the other side.

My mate has nightmares with his, always complaining, but he takes it as a joke and doesn't let it get to him...he's got solicitor and council letters framed on the wall. It just makes him turn the music up another notch and have bigger and louder barbecues!

Sounds like you need to get over the moaning and ignore it, or start flexing your muscles a bit. Put them straight about the bonfires next time for one.

Archived