Connor Sammon

FrostedRam

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suggested Rotherham and I was very close as Rotherham is geographically very close to Sheffield. We wish you well Connor. We hope that you do a good job there. We know that you are a hard worker.

Quite a few on here thought he could go to Hell, which geographically is very close to Sheffield.

Quite a few on here thought he could go to Hell, which geographically is very close to Sheffield.

Except on a Wednesday which is half day closing. We know some some people on here had the Blades out for Connor, so careful what you wish for..

Connor could be a very good player for Sheffield United. While we are at it, what level team do you think Nigel will mange next. If he had concentrated on the League and ignored the Cup, he would probably still be at the Blades.

Connor could be a very good player for Sheffield United. While we are at it, what level team do you think Nigel will mange next. If he had concentrated on the League and ignored the Cup, he would probably still be at the Blades.

I Predict he will be at Forest before the season is out. 

I Predict he will be at Forest before the season is out. 

You could well be correct there, therealhantsram. a case of deju vu but not as good the second time round. Groundhog Day with no improvement on the first day! The sequel, when the best ideas have unfortunately been used. I like Clough and I hope that he gets a good post. Always difficult act to follow Sir Brian.We are still using a lot of players signed by him and having to bring one back that he let go!!

as someone who never saw Mackay. How good was he? Any players comparable to him today?

The only couple who immediately spring to mind from a sheer will-to-win perspective over the last 20 years are John Terry and Stuart Pearce. Neither come within a million miles as far as skill level is concerned. Mackay was a one-off - an absolutely world class midfielder who became a very good defender after his legs went.

Sammon must have be on a decent wage for us to not be able to afford to just release him as we'll be getting nothing for him at the end of his loan.

Release him and pay 75% of his wages, or loan him and pay 50% of his wages.

From what I remember of Dave Mackay it was not only his playing that was brilliant but his organisational skills. He was also always shouting to the others on the pitch and made the rest of the team more positionally aware. Not many I've seen, have that presence and command.

From what I remember of Dave Mackay it was not only his playing that was brilliant but his organisational skills. He was also always shouting to the others on the pitch and made the rest of the team more positionally aware. Not many I've seen, have that presence and command.

That's because there haven't been too many Dave Mackays in the last 40 years. He set by example and inspired others to raise their performances to levels they had never previously reached.

• 2 months later...

Archived