What are you listening to (Mk2)

sage

I should have been listening/watching to 'The Sessions', a live recreation of the Abbey Road studio 2 Beatles recording sessions.

Turns out I was rather too keen, and arrived at the venue 385 days early!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

New Radiohead. :wub:

Not the best possilbe Radiohead but alright... I know the animator, she was asked to do a job which would combine history and refugees.  That was ok with her (as you can see from the video) but she asked could the song be little bit shorter :). It couldn't.

6 hours ago, AmericanRam said:

'Spiral Architect' is still one of my all-time favourite songs by anybody ever.

Listened to Ricky Wilson today on Radio X. Dissing Radiohead for still experimenting on their ninth album, suggesting they should have found their "sound" by now. He thought The Bends is where they should have "stuck". Irony clearly not lost on Ricky that after two goodish albums, nobody bought his group's music after they stuck with their sound. Remind me Ricky, what is the the name of your group. D!ckhead.

22 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Listened to Ricky Wilson today on Radio X. Dissing Radiohead for still experimenting on their ninth album, suggesting they should have found their "sound" by now. He thought The Bends is where they should have "stuck". Irony clearly not lost on Ricky that after two goodish albums, nobody bought his group's music after they stuck with their sound. Remind me Ricky, what is the the name of your group. D!ckhead.

It never ceases to amaze me that people think that bands ought to stand still - unless you are Black Sabbath and invented an entire genre, there's no way that you can ever afford to do that.

9 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

i genuinely think that is the best album by anyone in the last 40 years. Simply awesome.

Anyone heard the new Stone Roses song? Talk about middle of the road. There must have been a misunderstanding when 'white lines' were mentioned in the studio. Sounds like Beady Eye but somehow even more diluted. A lemon that lost it's tartness 20 years ago.

7 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Anyone heard the new Stone Roses song? Talk about middle of the road. There must have been a misunderstanding when 'white lines' were mentioned in the studio. Sounds like Beady Eye but somehow even more diluted. A lemon that lost it's tartness 20 years ago.

See I like it, looking at the lyrics I'm convinced it's for the euros, it's a light psychedelic summer beer anthem. Agree with you on middle of the road but it's still got the groove and sticks in your head. Looking forward to bigger and better things from them though. 

Just watched the "Cold Cuts" episode of the Sopranos for about the 15th time.

This great live version by The Kinks at the end is perfect.

Then i've gone on Youtube and I was reminded of this other Kinks song that was also used in another episode:

Then this was in the suggested videos and it's a great lost demo by one of, if not the best band of the early 00's.

Archived