Scary

i-Ram

I see today that Mervyn Day has left WBA, and it was reported he was 60. I thought that can't be right, but having just checked a couple of sources he was indeed born in 1955.  What is scary is I remember him "in his day" but now he is blo@dy 60!!  That must make me quite old too!  What things have happened or occurred to you recently that make you think "Scary, I must be getting old"?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New starter at work born in the 1995. Surely its only ten minutes ago I was listening to Oasis and watching Jim Smith's team, and this little ****** was getting born. Sickening.

When Micheal Jackson died my niece didn't really know who he was. That made me feel old.

come to think of it, more people I'm familiar with in entertainment have been dying. It used to be that my parents would say this guy had died, and I'd like, 'who, what that guy from all those black and white films, I assumed he must be dead already anyway'. 

Now I'm the parent trying to get my kids to understand why it's a sad thing. 

What do you consider as old?

I used to think 50 was old but now that has changed to late 60's.

As a child, you always consider your parents as old, obviously but the difference is that as 42 year olds, my parents had a 21 year old child. I'm 42 and my child is 2 1/2. I'm not sure if that will make me feel older in a few years or keep me young.

It's your attitude to life that makes you old or young. I have aunties and uncles, similar ages to my folks, who all seem a lot older because they've also retired but never seem to do anything or go anywhere.

My folks had quite a hard life (sheep farmers) but now they've both retired and have regular holidays and keep active with physical hobbies, I think they have a younger outlook on life than they ever seemed to when I was growing up. They're certainly happier.

I can't really comment on feeling old, because I'm only 26.

But what I feel is a bit weird is seeing young profressional sportsmen make an absolute killing at the same age I could barely drive a car or make my own decisions.

Mason Bennett for instance is a baby. He was born in July 1996, a month of we were all celebrating Robin Van der Laan's leaping header against Palace and ensuing promotion.

Raheem Sterling was only three years old when Zidane notched two goals in a World Cup final for France. THREE!

Archived