Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignore that, I back off to read Sunday sport....is it even still running or has it been replaced by the HITC ??

I can see the headline now...Bus found on the moon, it's true says ambitious...they have a credible source :-(

I know there was a thread a couple of weeks ago but we've now gone from 12/1 to 4/1 to sign him, I've also heard we've got a 'big signing' ready to happen! 

https://mobile.twitter.com/Oddschanger/status/615447989784584192

I have heard that the "big signing" is Rickie Lambert" we agreed a deal last season and Mel Morris was going to stump up the 60k a week wages. However this was only if he was given more control over the club. This didn't happen as the American ownership wanted to wait to see if we were promoted. 

I have heard that the "big signing" is Rickie Lambert" we agreed a deal last season and Mel Morris was going to stump up the 60k a week wages. However this was only if he was given more control over the club. This didn't happen as the American ownership wanted to wait to see if we were promoted. 

Think you heard wrong tbh.

When Mac got the Newcastle job I wondered if he might be cheeky and make a bid for Chris Martin. Given he's struggling to get backroom staff to go to Newcastle he's even more desperate for players. Rumours around Charlie Austin going is bullshit cos IMO he'll stay in London, so Mac needs a number 9 so if all else fails get Chris Martin. Just a thought!!

mac in on the highway to hell with Newcastle. 

When Mac got the Newcastle job I wondered if he might be cheeky and make a bid for Chris Martin. Given he's struggling to get backroom staff to go to Newcastle he's even more desperate for players. Rumours around Charlie Austin going is bullshit cos IMO he'll stay in London, so Mac needs a number 9 so if all else fails get Chris Martin. Just a thought!!

Charlie Austin will go West Ham if he has any sense. Even Chelsea would be good compared to Newcastle.

Agree 100% with your post and I imagine Newcastle will have a very fun season (From a Rams perspective :lol:)

Nah, not keen on Rhodes - certainly not as a replacement for Martin.

Unless he's got his heart set on trying his luck in the Premiership this season (rather than next season #COYR!) we should move heaven and earth to ensure Martin stays with us.

Nah, not keen on Rhodes - certainly not as a replacement for Martin.

Unless he's got his heart set on trying his luck in the Premiership this season (rather than next season #COYR!) we should move heaven and earth to ensure Martin stays with us.

He cant leave on such a low point, I bet he is eager to amend the end of last season which he watched from the treatment table

Rhodes is the rumoured 'big' signing, who we'll be breaking the transfer record on, with Martin (sadly) on his way out. This is the plan as things stand anyway. Clement wants to play 3 interchangeable forwards, with a solid midfield behind them. ITK

Rhodes is the rumoured 'big' signing, who we'll be breaking the transfer record on, with Martin (sadly) on his way out. This is the plan as things stand anyway. Clement wants to play 3 interchangeable forwards, with a solid midfield behind them. ITK

why would it be him? Everyone that has proven itk has ruled him out. Furthermore, there hasnt been any teams other than swansea show any real interest in him. If he's going then where to?

why would it be him? Everyone that has proven itk has ruled him out. Furthermore, there hasnt been any teams other than swansea show any real interest in him. If he's going then where to?

I have no idea about where Martin's going, and I'd take him over Rhodes any day of the week. I'm just repeating what I've heard that Rhodes is the deal they're trying to get done, and you'd imagine the majority of the money would come from the sale of Martin, particularly as he doesn't fit the 'new style' Clement wants to play too. Could all change yet though I suppose, once he starts to experiment with formation and players in pre-season matches.

:lol:

I heard Derby launched a £9 million bid to get Darius Henderson, can you confirm? 

It stands to reason if all this talk of the 'Ince record fee' being blown out of the water will be on a forward. We're not desperate to sign anyone for more than that fee?

Unless we lose someone for a big fee and the only players possibly are Martin or Hendrick. All the Hendrick talk seems to have dried up recently mind?

On a serious Itk note. I have nothing they are keeping everything on the low at the minute which sounds like something big could be about to happen, not wanting to pay over the odds of already a big fee. But for me the only way we're signing someone above 4.75m will be having a player go the other way?

Care to put money on that?

Archived