Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

Rhodes professional career so far, in all games -

Played 274 games

Scored 172 goals

As for how much CM is worth?

No idea, he's only really worth what the buyer wants to pay..........

Plus the other 50 games. His record in the Championship has been 1 in 2. If you are splashing that much cash it's because your aim is the PL and you are gambling on this player being your leading man in the PL. Yes he has continued scoring goals in the Championship but his overall record is irrelevant. It's what he has done in this league and what he can do in the PL that counts. I ask about Chris Martin because his record for us has been almost as good as Rhodes over the last 2 seasons. Rhodes also bags a lot of goals from penalties. In a better side he might not be first choice taker. £14m is a lot on a player when you can pick people up for free and on loan with a similar record in this league. Blackburn fans are saying Rhodes would be average without Gestede. 

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jordan Rhodes: Blackburn striker wants Middlesbrough talks

Striker Jordan Rhodes has asked Blackburn to give him permission to speak with Middlesbrough over a move.

The 25-year-old Scotland international has reportedly been the subject of a £12m bid  from the Teesside club.

Rhodes joined Rovers for a club-record £8m from Huddersfield in 2012.

"I have been advised by the club that they have rejected an offer from Middlesbrough for my services which was in excess of what Blackburn paid for me," Rhodes told ESPN FC. 

"I am ambitious and have never hidden my desire to play at the highest level possible and that was one of the reasons why I left Huddersfield Town for Blackburn.

"When I left Huddersfield I felt the timing was right in the next stage of my career and, having seen Middlesbrough's performances last season in reaching the play-off final and their ambition this summer in terms of acquisitions, I would have liked to have been able to talk to them and I am unhappy at not being given that opportunity."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33652612

That's Boro promoted...

That's Boro promoted...

Regardless of me bemoaning at the reported fee I said Boro needed to sign another goalscorer on top of Stuani for me to consider them for automatic promotion. They get someone like Rhodes in and they are nailed on as far as I am concerned. They need to score more goals. They went injury free almost entirely last season and their defensive record will be hard to repeat again. But let's be serious, reported up to £14m depending on promotion for this transfer if it goes through, Downing up to £7m too and Stuani for £3.6m. That's just shy of £25m on three players. You can buy a squad capable of automatics for that. 

I do hope they do get him and fail at promotion though. They are already in huge debt. 

Boro get rhodes then i think they will be favs for the title.

We ourselves should grasp the 2nd spot but there are a few teams i think will b up there.... qpr leeds and wolves i think will have big seasons... then 1 more to complete the top 6... make no mistake..... this will be a very tough season.

Boro get rhodes then i think they will be favs for the title.

We ourselves should grasp the 2nd spot but there are a few teams i think will b up there.... qpr leeds and wolves i think will have big seasons... then 1 more to complete the top 6... make no mistake..... this will be a very tough season.

Much as I hate to say it as a Bristol boy who was forced to live on a diet of 'the City' before I saw the light, I think they have to come into the reckoning.

They have a great team spirit and some good attacking options.

I'd prefer a right back or midfield enforcer myself. I think we have enough creativity on the pitch with Hughes, Weimann, Ince and Russell

Nope,

Hughes is  a good midfielder but his weaknesses can be disastrous for us he is too weak and cannot tackle.

Weimann I see as a attacking midfielder,  Ince  and Russell both wingers, no we need another Thorne type, except rather than solid at the back,  somebody that can play centre stage dictate the game from midfield, someone that can thread an needle at 60 mts, a midfield that can pass, dribble and tackle.......but can read the game better than Hughes, Bryson

Nope,

Hughes is  a good midfielder but his weaknesses can be disastrous for us he is too weak and cannot tackle.

Weimann I see as a attacking midfielder,  Ince  and Russell both wingers, no we need another Thorne type, except rather than solid at the back,  somebody that can play centre stage dictate the game from midfield, someone that can thread an needle at 60 mts, a midfield that can pass, dribble and tackle.......but can read the game better than Hughes, Bryson

I know it's unrealistic but ruben loftus cheeke on loan would fit these requirements

Archived