Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, satty atwal said:

Yep done and dusted.... feel we have wasted money on camara and blackman when could have gone for rhodes.... well work with what we have.... which is a fabulous squad..... manure carnival over.... on to preston.... COYR

Hmm Camara and Blackman.  You can't polish a turd

1 minute ago, RiddingsRam said:

Said it before and I'll say it again , really wouldn't fancy Jordan Rhodes with us ! If we were going to spend daft money on a centre forward I'd go for McCormack! 

If we were going to spend daft money on a centre forward I'd go for someone with proven Prem experience and age on their side, not someone who has a good record at mid Championship level in average/poor teams. Alternatively I'd save the money, wait for McLaren to get the boot up at toon then bring him in as a coach. He knew how to make Martin a £10m+ striker for free.

10 minutes ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Apparently the player disappointed with Boro according Jim White Twitter. 

Perhaps he doesn't like Parmos.

Boro are the ones to have pulled out of the deal. It's strange. Their official Twitter posted about talks with him. You don't see many clubs post regarding a player transfer unless it's deal done.

Most of the pundits, especially those on FLT last night believed buying Rhodes would guarantee them promotion.

On 1/29/2016 at 23:33, Carl Sagan said:

We already have the best finisher in the division in Bent, and don't play him. It would have been madness for us to go for Rhodes too.

Exactly. some people are just never happy. I really don't think Blackman is as bad as everyone seems to think, especially as no-one would have seen him play before last week.

9 minutes ago, VulcanRam said:

Exactly. some people are just never happy. I really don't think Blackman is as bad as everyone seems to think, especially as no-one would have seen him play before last week.

I think the only people who think that Blackman is a poor player are our hysterical kneejerkers

I'd guess that this is FFP biting. I mentioned on the other thread that they could probably pay a £9m fee and stay within FFP, but that would mean that they would need to keep wages and other costs under control. I suspect that Middlesbrough had a budget and Rhodes/his agent wouldn't accept the deal that that budget could put on the table.

If he's asking for 70k a week then serves him right. Why he would jeopardise a real fantastic chance of PL football through greed I really don't know.

Realistically your quality of life and material goods aren't going to be too different whether you're on 50k a week or 70k a week. Only so much you can spend.

I'm sure he'll enjoy playing for going nowhere Blackburn though, and when he does leave he'll have to settle for a little less than 70k a week.

Archived