Jordan Rhodes

BottrillRAM

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Cant we really finish above 2 of boro hull and burnley?

In a word NO cos we don't have the b******s when the big games come around (except Hull before you all start quoting that one). Records against teams around us Boro, Hull, Burnley, Brighton, Birmingham = P8 W1 D4 L3 PTS8 (out of 24), in this respect we haven't improved since 2013/2014. That's fact, not moaning or pessimism.

13 minutes ago, Supermac said:

In a word NO cos we don't have the b******s when the big games come around (except Hull before you all start quoting that one). Records against teams around us Boro, Hull, Burnley, Brighton, Birmingham = P8 W1 D4 L3 PTS8 (out of 24), in this respect we haven't improved since 2013/2014. That's fact, not moaning or pessimism.

Watford last season against other top 6 team W3 D2 L5. 11 points out of 30 :whistle:

Or shall we go top 8? W3 D4 L7. 13 points out of 42 :thumbsup:

There are your facts.

11 minutes ago, Supermac said:

Agree unfortunately got no balls simple as.... fell at final hurdle at wembley.... capitulated last season.... doing same this season but earlier.... im sure we are cursed.... cant happen years on trot man

16 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Agree unfortunately got no balls simple as.... fell at final hurdle at wembley.... capitulated last season.... doing same this season but earlier.... im sure we are cursed.... cant happen years on trot man

If the players were anything like as prolific as you in the hand-wringing stakes, then they might as well not bother. Do you ever cheer up?

16 minutes ago, rynny said:

Watford last season against other top 6 team W3 D2 L5. 11 points out of 30 :whistle:

Or shall we go top 8? W3 D4 L7. 13 points out of 42 :thumbsup:

There are your facts.

So we're **** against the teams around us and unlike Watford lose to poxy teams like Forest, Leeds (twice) this season. Add to that Charlton, Forest, Leeds, Fulham, Brighton last season - like I said and some one else has just quoted we've got no balls. I hate sayin it but it's true, I don't mind losing provided we have a good go at the opposition but just lately and Friday in particular we sat off em and let them play - recipe for disaster. And still we cannot deal with teams that come at us and get in our faces and that's been the case for the last god knows how long.

26 minutes ago, Supermac said:

I wrote a long statistically heavy response to this. On the fourth paragraph I decided I won't bother. But know that I disagree with your viewpoint but not necessarily your conclusion. 

16 minutes ago, Supermac said:

So we're **** against the teams around us and unlike Watford lose to poxy teams like Forest, Leeds (twice) this season. Add to that Charlton, Forest, Leeds, Fulham, Brighton last season - like I said and some one else has just quoted we've got no balls. I hate sayin it but it's true, I don't mind losing provided we have a good go at the opposition but just lately and Friday in particular we sat off em and let them play - recipe for disaster. And still we cannot deal with teams that come at us and get in our faces and that's been the case for the last god knows how long.

Didn't realise 2-2 counted as a loss, we have lost twice to teams outside the top 6/7 so fail to see your first point. What does it matter what we did last season? Doesn't count for this season does it? 4 of the players that started the last 2 games were regulars last season, new team, new management team, new owner, same fans ready to moan.

28 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Yeah when we win or atleast show a desire to perform

Last Monday against Burnley. We might have lost but there were freak circumstances. We looked good for large parts of the game. 

We also looked good for spells against Man Utd on Friday, but I'm discounting that as irrelevant to league form. 

12 minutes ago, ck- said:

Last Monday against Burnley. We might have lost but there were freak circumstances. We looked good for large parts of the game. 

We also looked good for spells against Man Utd on Friday, but I'm discounting that as irrelevant to league form. 

Agree entirely with burnley game.... was really happy with how we played.... best we have played in ages.... yeah manure game is just an annoying irrelevance for me and contributed to this poor spell.... apart from that, we have been terrible as everyone can surely agree... wouldn't mind as much it we were unlucky or played well and lost.... its just depressing... hopefully now the circus of manure game is out of the way we will somehow pick up.... as player for player we up there with boro as the best in the league.... shackell thorne johnson butterfield ince weimann (yes weimann) martin.... are amongst the best in the league in their position imo.

Rhodes will do fine at Boro - at the end of the day natural proven goalscorers are gold dust and Rhodes is 100% that.

How will he do at the top table? Its always a gamble....They questioned Vardy at Leicester, they said it about Kane when he broke into the Spurs first team they said it about Austin in a struggling QPR side.

But natural goalscorers will always find a way to score..

Whatever anyone says I believe this is a fantastic buy for Boro for a top quality goal scorer and if he was coming to us instead I would have been mightily impressed 

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Agree entirely with burnley game.... was really happy with how we played.... best we have played in ages.... yeah manure game is just an annoying irrelevance for me and contributed to this poor spell.... apart from that, we have been terrible as everyone can surely agree... wouldn't mind as much it we were unlucky or played well and lost.... its just depressing... hopefully now the circus of manure game is out of the way we will somehow pick up.... as player for player we up there with boro as the best in the league.... shackell thorne johnson ince weimann (yes weimann) martin.... are amongst the best in the league in their position imo.

Carson, butterfield

Everyone is entitled to an opinion so it's reasonable, given recent performances by players and manager, to expect a fair bit of criticism to be flying around - I completely understand that. What really grates with me is that in many instances there's an absence of constructive comment, the attitude being one of "I'm going to slag them off, the shower of ****" and I don't count those that do it as true supporters.

There seems to be an influx of relatively new posters to the forum and they are amongst the worst - where were these people in the first half of the season? You do wonder how many of them are actually Rams fans!

On 31 January 2016 at 16:17, Bris Vegas said:

Easy how reports sway public opinion. Rhodes didn't ask for anything near that, and terms were actually agreed before Boro pulled the plug. They're now in for another striker who will cost them more.

Whoops.

another bris miss.

3 minutes ago, satty atwal said:

Agree entirely with burnley game.... was really happy with how we played.... best we have played in ages.... yeah manure game is just an annoying irrelevance for me and contributed to this poor spell.... apart from that, we have been terrible as everyone can surely agree... wouldn't mind as much it we were unlucky or played well and lost.... its just depressing... hopefully now the circus of manure game is out of the way we will somehow pick up.... as player for player we up there with boro as the best in the league.... shackell thorne johnson ince weimann (yes weimann) martin.... are amongst the best in the league in their position imo.

We were terrible for half a game, Brum at home.

Leeds away slightly below par, half an eye on Boro perhaps, Boro away matched them for a very long spell, Reading poor, not terrible, didn't get beat, Man Utd massive gulf between the teams.

Burnley was a freak, time to show some stones and get behind the team.

Archived