Paul Simpson to leave

SaintRam

Derby County wishes to this evening announce that Paul Simpson will depart from the club’s employment from 1st July 2015.

Simpson took up the position of First Team Coach in September 2013 following the arrival of Steve McClaren.

President & Chief Executive Sam Rush said: “Paul Simpson leaves Derby County with our thanks for his contribution to the club, both as a player and also on the coaching staff.

“We wish Paul every success for the future in his coaching career.”

As previously stated, announcements relating to new coaching staff appointments will be made in due course.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/derby-county-confirm-paul-simpson-departure-2510215.aspx#QG7xPdpEdv8CvIqA.99

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think any of us should shed too many tears.  He probably got paid well, and will know most tenures are short. And besides he came into Derby taking someone's place, and he will no doubt soon be replacing someone else.  

Can someone explain to me why they're that bothered he's leaving? 

I have a bigger desire for a fresh start - without the Mac baggage. 

Agreed - clement will want to breathe a new philosophy and approach  - with other people

Very difficult to know what Simo brought as a number 2 - think we just hold on to the romantic stuff that he is an ex player....

Not seen anyone that's bothered on this thread?

Not yet. Needles, Curtains, Eddie and a few of the other older guys are still sleeping off their Sunday Lunch. It will be like Surprise Surprise on here over the next hour or two as the tears start flowing about the yesteryears.

The continuity question is interesting, but rarely happens in practice. I always loved Simmo. However, one thing in his tenure that disappointed me was that, despite his own excellence at set pieces, all through his time as coach ours were a bag of w**k. Until Tom Ince came along and showed the players how to do it. Surely that should have been a priority, probably to get young Will banging a few more goals in.

I find it's very much a case of "the King is dead, long live the King". Simmo feels part of the old regime - I'm very interested and excited to see who Clement's bringing in alongside Peacock.

Schteve, eric and simmo were all good people.

its harsh but a combination of flirting with fat mick, excessive faith in a dodgy keeper, and touchline paralysis, proved to be their ultimate undoing.

no draconian reaction eh? 

Archived