Paul Simpson to leave

SaintRam

Schteve, eric and simmo were all good people.

its harsh but a combination of flirting with fat mick, excessive faith in a dodgy keeper, and touchline paralysis, proved to be their ultimate undoing.

no draconian reaction eh? 

"try not to be too draconian" was the quote I think, which doesn't rule out being draconian. ;)

and to be honest, I don't think there's any option really. This Clement's first job as a head coach, he needs to have people he is confident in, not get half way through a season and come to the conclusion that Simmo/Steele don't work with him well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good,luck Simmo for the future,always loved him as a player and gave me many happy memories , but it's time for a change,and Clement will bring his own people in,looking forward to seeing who he brings in,not long to wait,should be announced tomorrow.

If the boss man don't want or need him then he goes. Paul has done an excellent job. Will be interesting to see where he goes. Would love to know his opinion of our decline since Rotherham away and Mac ending up at the Toon. He doesn't go away with a damaged reputation with me. Good luck. 

Not yet. Needles, Curtains, Eddie and a few of the other older guys are still sleeping off their Sunday Lunch. It will be like Surprise Surprise on here over the next hour or two as the tears start flowing about the yesteryears.

Went to Sheffield to see Snappy. Back now - don't eat lunch ever, but I've just porked my way through a stunningly hot chicken vindaloo so I am decidedly mellow.

No surprise over Simmo, and personally my opinion is such that I've found a use for the word 'meh' in the week that it was officially added to the OED.

Not yet. Needles, Curtains, Eddie and a few of the other older guys are still sleeping off their Sunday Lunch. It will be like Surprise Surprise on here over the next hour or two as the tears start flowing about the yesteryears.

Just about to watch the WHO at Glastonbury on BBC2 

MY GENERATION      Lol

Good luck Simmo, I was a big fan of his as a player and he seemed happy here in his coaching role. 

Clement was always going to want and need his own people, so it's no surprise that he's gone. Hopefully he can get a decent gig elsewhere. 

Archived