Richard Keogh

Smiffy2491

I don't care if people think Keogh is the worst person to ever walk the earth, just support him when he plays, don't constantly berate him and leave his poor wife alone on social media!!

I think you're about 4 months too late on this one! She left social media in about March time, after the Birmingham game. I agree with you about getting behind him, and other players during the game, but again, you're too late. I think the damage is done.

The thing that really peed me off with some of our "fans". Keogh plays football for a living, and earns a decent wage. Media speculation, criticism, chants on a matchday etc., are all part of being a footballer professionally these days. His wife doesn't play football. In fact, I don't know a thing about her. Apart from the fact that she is married to our (current) skipper. Not a reason to berate her or try and get messages to Richard. Ridiculous behaviour.

And yet, kind of sums up a large percentage of twitter users mentality and purpose.

How large? About 1%? 

• Replies 801
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having watched a number of games involving Pearce over the last week or so, I think people are in for a shock if they think he can replace Keogh in the side.

A change of scenery may do him good, but on first viewing I wouldn't be so confident about this one coming off.

I think you're about 4 months too late on this one! She left social media in about March time, after the Birmingham game. I agree with you about getting behind him, and other players during the game, but again, you're too late. I think the damage is done.

How large? About 1%? 

1% of a 100 isn't alot, 1% of 100 million is. Even one comment towards her twitter is too much, regardless of when the tweets were.

1% of a 100 isn't alot, 1% of 100 million is. Even one comment towards her twitter is too much, regardless of when the tweets were.

if one member of your family was a drug dealer and there were 20 people in your family, (5%), would you be happy and think it's fair that someone ignorantly suggested that "a large percentage of your family are drug dealers"??

Whilst I agree that one person abusing someone is one person too many, to blatantly tar many with your ignorance brush is stupid. I use twitter, I have many friends that use twitter, there are a lot of people from this forum who use twitter.

Stick to your opinions regarding the behaviour, but lose the moronic generalisations that the 100s of millions of proper twitter users have no interest in using twitter for abuse etc, totally the opposite to your "sums up a large percentage of twitter users mentality and purpose" rubbish!

Yes, I am offended btw. I shouldn't be made to feel like I should justify my usage of twitter cos of your ignorance and prejudice!

My dislike of twitter as a whole has always been public, and I'm not condoning anyone's comments, but sometimes people need to be more self aware.

If you put yourself out there on such a platform identify as a WAG, you've got to expect some sort of interaction with football fans.

If you want a private account, set up a private account. If you need to promote a business, set it up in your business name. If your business IS yourself, then of course it provides a bit more of a challenge. If twitter is your sole platform for promoting yourself then you're already in trouble.

My dislike of twitter as a whole has always been public, and I'm not condoning anyone's comments, but sometimes people need to be more self aware.

If you put yourself out there on such a platform identify as a WAG, you've got to expect some sort of interaction with football fans.

If you want a private account, set up a private account. If you need to promote a business, set it up in your business name. If your business IS yourself, then of course it provides a bit more of a challenge. If twitter is your sole platform for promoting yourself then you're already in trouble.

boring!!!! I thought this was meant to be about Keogh going or staying, not stupid twitter????

Having watched a number of games involving Pearce over the last week or so, I think people are in for a shock if they think he can replace Keogh in the side.

A change of scenery may do him good, but on first viewing I wouldn't be so confident about this one coming off.

yeah My mate saw keough offering him out for a fight over the centre back position and because Pearce called him "fatty" on the first day back at training 

image.jpg

Is this Clements first clanger, if Pearce is pants then?

Is this Clements first clanger, if Pearce is pants then?

Don't think Clement was all that involved. Anyway Pearce isn't pants, but he's not better than Keogh. Keogh's one of the best CB's in the division, you aren't going to replace him with another CB from the division who's contract has run out.

.Is this Clements first clanger, if Pearce is pants then?

It's a bit harsh to blame Clement. I've now watched extended highlights of five games last season and he looked ponderous in all of them. He's decent in the air but he gets turned so easily. I can't bring myself to watch our game against Reading from last season - I'm guessing he must have been okay in that game? :lol:

Richard Keogh's defensive stats last season. Stats are per game except own goals obviously.

Also, Pass Completion %: 84.3; second highest of all CB's in the division. The highest was 84.6, who? Jake Buxton. Although Keogh had seven more pass attempts on average than Jake.

qrk9hi.png

Alex Pearce's

2q2kfpt.png

Keogh's work rate in a game is 100% up to the final whistle.

Off the ball he plays a captain's rôle au Dave Mackay.

His occasional howler scares me but they rarely cost us a goal.

:cool:All things considered, I hope he stays, but, £4m is a lot of bread.

How much was Dave Mackay? 5 grand I reckon.

Richard Keogh's defensive stats last season. Stats are per game except own goals obviously.

Also, Pass Completion %: 84.3; second highest of all CB's in the division. The highest was 84.6, who? Jake Buxton. Although Keogh had seven more pass attempts on average than Jake.

qrk9hi.png

Alex Pearce's

2q2kfpt.png

84% of keoughs passes were sideways passes to bucko who was ten feet away, (or his selected centre back partner for that game)

How large? About 1%? 

Yeah, I'd say about 1% of twitterati are sane.

:P

Twitter to the dissemination of news is what the selfie-stick is to photography.

84% of keoughs passes were sideways passes to bucko who was ten feet away, (or his selected centre back partner for that game)

Of the 36 Championship Centre-Halves to make 23+ appearances in the Championship last season; Keogh made the 11th highest number of accurate long passes per game and the 4th fewest inaccurate long passes per game.  

Of those 36 players Keogh is one of just two players to make more accurate long passes per game than inaccurate ones. 

So in short, for a side that doesn't utilise the long pass up front Keogh's still making more accurate long passes than over two thirds of this divisions regular centre-halves whilst maintaining the second highest long-pass completion percentage.  

Of the 36 Championship Centre-Halves to make 23+ appearances in the Championship last season; Keogh made the 11th highest number of accurate long passes per game and the 4th fewest inaccurate long passes per game.  

Of those 36 players Keogh is one of just two players to make more accurate long passes per game than inaccurate ones. 

So in short, for a side that doesn't utilise the long pass up front Keogh's still making more accurate long passes than over two thirds of this divisions regular centre-halves whilst maintaining the second highest long-pass completion percentage.  

You've just saved me a **** load of number crunching - thanks! :)

There seems to be a lot that think Keogh does a good job and leads by example......maybe the statisticians would like to give us all the stats for the last ten games of the season, points gained, goals scored and goals conceded etc, maybe include all teams in the division?  .

There seems to be a lot that think Keogh does a good job and leads by example......maybe the statisticians would like to give us all the stats for the last ten games of the season, points gained, goals scored and goals conceded etc, maybe include all teams in the division?  .

Maybe we could include all the other players who made it onto the pitch too? 

Some fans need to be careful with regards to our captain. Could very easily turn into a case of "Don't know what you've got til it's gone"

For all the get rid of Keogh talk I've seen, not one person has come up with a viable replacement.

That's not only in terms of a player on the pitch but also a captain and financially sensible too 

Can't wait to see some of the names that will get thrown around now!

Archived