Mark Warburton to Glasgow Rangers

Ovis aries

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got to assume Warburton is happy with this job, nobody's put a gun to his head to accept it but I can't help thinking Rangers have got a better deal than Warburton.

The club's a shambles (or was) I think Warburton's exploits last season earned him a gig at a better run club but maybe he's had assurances things are turning round up there.

Good luck to him, he comes across as a decent enough bloke.

It's a weird one. Achieving what he did at Brentford looks great on the guy's CV. All he can achieve at Rangers is getting them back into the top 2 in Scotland again and it's not as if that would be a big surprise. He looks to good for that job.

Very odd. Yes Rangers are a massive club but they are still in the 2nd division and all is deeply not well at Ibrox.  Perhaps it's the hand of a certain sports direct owner at work.   If anyone thinks Newcastle fans are expectant they have nothing on the Rangers, a job not made easier by the fact that the vast majority of media types are Rangers fans (the BBC I was told for a long time did its best not to hire Catholics etc...but I digress)   I'd have thought he'd have got a decent job in the English championship. If he succeeds in getting Rangers up then wins the spfl hell be OK, anything less and he could be running into a dead end.

It is a great job for him, he has gonr from being the manager of Brentford, sacked and got the job of one of the biggest clubs in Britain..... even if they are in a mess, they are still a massive massive club.

​They are broke, what's massive about then ,apart from Ibrox

​They are broke, what's massive about then ,apart from Ibrox

​Their Orange Order following.......

But in all seriousness, the old firm have genuine mass support inside and outside of Scotland and are institutions as much as sports teams. The team on the pitch might be nothing in relative terms, they might by flirting with going bust a second time, but they still have massive support. I really hope they get sorted out though - it'll perhaps make them less perma-ragey.

I reckon this is a good  appointment by them.

They will stroll the championship by him bringing in cheap out of contract players from England and skimming off the best players from his rivals in Scotland. They will be banking on decent season ticket sales.

Hibs are perennial bottlers and will settle for the play off spot and St Mirren will roll over to their neighbours as per usual.

Its been a breath  of fresh air without them and its been competitive and exciting for all the other clubs bar Celtic. The trophies are getting shared around and fans are actually going into each season with a degree of optimisim. 

Once Rangers come back up we will go back to the situation of 10 years ago where everthing will revolve around the 2 clubs and football at times becomes secondary.

Back on topic, I wonder if anyone will look into the transfer of Lewis Macleod at christmas. I dont think he's been seen since leaving Glasgow for Brentford......

​So you're admitting that Celtic and Rangers are the two scummiest clubs in the world?

Nope, I am telling you that the terrorist loving scum bags are a vile vile team....

good luck Mr Warburton, I hope the Teddy Bears turn out as good as your bread. 

Nope, I am telling you that the terrorist loving scum bags are a vile vile team.

As with most things Old Firm, they are both as bad as each other on that front. Sectarianism is Scotland's great shame. For every idiot Celtic fan thinks its funny to mention provos there's gets fans think up to our kness in feinian blood is acceptable banter. And likely as not if they really thought about it, most would not want anything to do with it. I've know fans of both old firm sides who are perfectly decent.

Archived