Formation/Team

needles

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I perhaps am in the minority here, but irrespective of formation I would I think be disappointed if we started our first game of the season with any of Eustace, Keogh, Bryson or Russell in the starting 11.  

I perhaps am in the minority here, but irrespective of formation I would I think be disappointed if we started our first game of the season with any of Eustace, Keogh, Bryson or Russell in the starting 11.  

​Racist

​Really? What are you expecting in the Championship bud? They're good players at this level. We'd have gone up if Eusty had stayed fit.

​Really? What are you expecting in the Championship bud? They're good players at this level. We'd have gone up if Eusty had stayed fit.

I agree if Eustace had stayed fit, but he didn't, and he probably won't anymore, and I am sure we can find someone with a bit more quality and future to cover that position.

Keogh needs to go for his own good, but notwithstanding he has poor positional sense and is too often error prone.  Russell is always going to be a journeyman wide player, with the occasional few "hot" periods, and Bryson will not fit in with the system I think we will play next season which will be 4231.  Not saying he isn't a good enough player for the Championship, and that he hasn't been an excellent servant and player for the club, but he won't be what we need next season.

I agree if Eustace had stayed fit, but he didn't, and he probably won't anymore, and I am sure we can find someone with a bit more quality and future to cover that position.

Keogh needs to go for his own good, but notwithstanding he has poor positional sense and is too often error prone.  Russell is always going to be a journeyman wide player, with the occasional few "hot" periods, and Bryson will not fit in with the system I think we will play next season which will be 4231.  Not saying he isn't a good enough player for the Championship, and that he hasn't been an excellent servant and player for the club, but he won't be what we need next season.

Blimey......and i get slagged off just for criticising Grant.

I think the 10 position in a 4-2-3-1 would suit Bryson down to the ground, as it encourages what he's best at; running past the defence and one-two's with Martin.

That's what turned him from an average Championship midfielder to one of the best in the league in 13/14, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing him in that role.

He's clearly a good attacker, a more attacking position would suit him well. Also puts him in the thick of their midfield, where his running could be handy.

Eustace as cover for Thorne, sound. Bryson POTY two years running, Keogh in this years champ TOTY. Russell undeniably the best wide forward on the books. Easy to say you don't like or to criticise, but I can't imagine what you expect instead that  you think is achievable and much better. All about opinions of course. 

I think the 10 position in a 4-2-3-1 would suit Bryson down to the ground, as it encourages what he's best at; running past the defence and one-two's with Martin.

That's what turned him from an average Championship midfielder to one of the best in the league in 13/14, I'm excited at the prospect of seeing him in that role.

He's clearly a good attacker, a more attacking position would suit him well. Also puts him in the thick of their midfield, where his running could be handy.

I can't disagree really with any of that Leicester - other than best in the league in 13-14. Remember he couldn't get in our play off final team, and how many proper caps has he won in what still remains a pretty average midfield for Scotland. I don't think Martin will be playing up top with 3 behind him, in fact I expect Martin to end up just behind Bent (or some other on the shoulder striker). I am not saying sell Bryson, in fact of the 4 I mentioned, he is probably the one I would like to remain as part of the SQUAD. Equally Eustace could be a SQUAD man, I just don't want to see them as first picks because if they are I don't think we are progressing. It is clear from this forum that the jury is split 50/50 as to whether Keogh is the answer or the problem, and with that kind of percentage it is better if he gets a fresh chance. Russell? Still don't get his level of hype/support. Lots of energy, likes chasing balls and going down blind tunnels, and often seen with his tongue hanging out. Should have been a Jack Russell really.

I can't disagree really with any of that Leicester - other than best in the league in 13-14. Remember he couldn't get in our play off final team, and how many proper caps has he won in what still remains a pretty average midfield for Scotland. I don't think Martin will be playing up top with 3 behind him, in fact I expect Martin to end up just behind Bent (or some other on the shoulder striker). I am not saying sell Bryson, in fact of the 4 I mentioned, he is probably the one I would like to remain as part of the SQUAD. Equally Eustace could be a SQUAD man, I just don't want to see them as first picks because if they are I don't think we are progressing. It is clear from this forum that the jury is split 50/50 as to whether Keogh is the answer or the problem, and with that kind of percentage it is better if he gets a fresh chance. Russell? Still don't get his level of hype/support. Lots of energy, likes chasing balls and going down blind tunnels, and often seen with his tongue hanging out. Should have been a Jack Russell really.

Bryson deserves a chance to prove himself this coming season, he's clearly got something about him that could be unlocked.

I understand people feel that Russell is overrated, and it is obvious that he avoids the criticism he should get, but he's hardly just a tryer.

Look at the amount of assists he got this season, with a few goals to add to that too, he's an effective winger who also brings a strong work ethic to the team while having the backing of the fans.

I agree with the idea that Eustace maybe needs to go, but we need to replace him with someone similar. Can't help feel our midfield misses an ugly player who can do the dirty stuff, much like Obi-Mikel/Makelele/Matic have done for the most successful Chelsea sides.

Thats if thorne ever makes a complete recovery 

​Good point. I'm not allowing myself to think otherwise though. Lovely player to watch.

1270175_Derby_County.jpg

This would be an amazing team and realistic?

Lowton and Weimann involved in a deal for Hendrick

Barnes wouldn't be expensive

Ince as the big signing this season

​Martin behind Bent and Pearce in for Buxton and i'd say your about there (Never heard of Lowton thoe!).

The 4-3-3 is pretty nice.

The 4-4-2 would get absolutely crushed. No pace, play Bryso and Hendrick together (2 headless chickens) and leave poor old Cyrus Christie completely exposed. 

Bent should never, ever start for us. He should be the guy we throw on if a goal down after 60 minutes.

1270175_Derby_County.jpg

This would be an amazing team and realistic?

Lowton and Weimann involved in a deal for Hendrick

Barnes wouldn't be expensive

Ince as the big signing this season

Barnes is very much an unknown commodity and I doubt he comes back. Moreover, the "3" behind Martin are all quite similar players - ideally for me the guy in the middle would offer a bit of variety - someone like Dawkins or Hughes would fit well. Otherwise that team looks decent

Taking our new/perspective signings into account -

-------------------------------------Grant/A Nother

Shotton/A Nother---------Pearce------------------Buxton-------------Forsyth

--------------------------------Hughes-----------------Thorne

Wiemann------------------------------Martin-------------------------------Russell/Ince

-------------------------------------------Bent

Archived