Fozzy

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair play - he's had a much better last 15 minutes. It seems the less time he has to react to a situation the better his decision making.

Spot on. When he's got time and space he'll normally give it away, or make one of his go to passes (backwards to grant, or across to Bucko or Thorne). 

When he's got no time, that's when he makes the incisive pass, cross, run or tackle. 

As you know I watch much of my Rams matches on the box, which allows me to be more critical real-time than I ever am when at a game. No one last season, not even Grant and Keogh with their theatrics, frustrated me more than Forsyth, as my wife will attest. I am sure she must think his name is Fuczake Forsyth.  He can be, and often is, a monster of a defender, but his inability to play a simple pass or deliver a consistent level of acceptable crossing literally drives me mad.  Someone needs to spend the whole of preseason with him, almost golf style filming his feet movement/delivery stance, to get him doing the basics right much more consistently. I did not watch last night's game, but a Scottish friend of mine texted me to say he was p poor. I assume again that was because of his passing, where I read that Strachan was very critical (generally) of his team's passing.  I hope he can be coached to improvement, but at his age it must be increasingly unlikely.

I do not understand why people are so critical of fizzy,for me he is one of the best left backs in the championship,and he is still only 26 years old,so yes he can get better,and will get better,for me he is one of the best value players me have purchased,he only cost about 140 thousand pounds,he is now worth at least 10 times that much.

I think his main problem is when there isn't an obvious pass on. The two poor passes he did yesterday that sparked counter attacks was partly down to poor movement and no one being available. Forsyth thenjust tried to pass it through the opposition instead of just holding onto the ball and waiting further movement, This seems odd for a former midfield player and must be a confidence issue.

It's not that he was misplacing passes per se, he was playing passes that weren't there. 

Archived