SIGNED: Andreas Weimann

Ambitious

Andreas Weimann signing prediction  

161 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 709
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2

It makes sense to go for someone who can play central attack or wide. If we sometimes only play 1 in central attack, a player who can go wide is needed. Bamford didn't like that... Hopefully someone like Weimann will be more flexible. 

PistoldPete2

24b94b5e81d85bfc133ec171d05f7735.png

To get the Derby moved sorted obviously :ph34r:

This has gone slightly quiet. Wasn't it meant to happen this week? 

It makes sense to go for someone who can play central attack or wide. If we sometimes only play 1 in central attack, a player who can go wide is needed. Bamford didn't like that... Hopefully someone like Weimann will be more flexible. 

​I have yet to see any Villa fan say he can play wide. If we get him, I hope it is as a striker

​I have yet to see any Villa fan say he can play wide. If we get him, I hope it is as a striker

​Watford were formidable last year due to their strikeforce; Deeney, Vyrda and Ighalo were all excellent strikers and the main reason they've gone up.

Martin, Bent and Weimann is possibly even better than that in this division!

PistoldPete2

​Clement out

Yes and what about that Ceo guy. Calls himself rush? I don't call it a Rush if we only sign 2 players in a week... I expect at least three every week until the transfer window shuts. 

Aston Villa forward Andreas Weimann is poised to join Derby County this week in a £2.5million deal.

Manager Paul Clement is quickly building a squad to challenge for promotion having already signed Wigan goalkeeper Scott Carson, Reading defender Alex Pearce and Weimann's former team-mate Darren Bent on a free from Aston Villa.

Derby also remain keen on a deal for Hull City winger Tom Ince.

The Championship club are able to enact a £4.5million clause to sign the England U21 international owing to the terms of his loan agreement last season.

Weimann, 23, is an Austria international and scored four goals in 35 appearances last season.

Villa right-back Matthew Lowton, 26, remains a target for Burnley as they look to replace Kieran Trippier who is destined for Tottenham but is a back-up option for Liverpool if they fail to sign Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123193/Derby-County-closing-signing-Andreas-Weimann-Aston-Villa-keen-permanent-deal-Tom-Ince.html#ixzz3d15R0iJy 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Aston Villa forward Andreas Weimann is poised to join Derby County this week in a £2.5million deal.

Manager Paul Clement is quickly building a squad to challenge for promotion having already signed Wigan goalkeeper Scott Carson, Reading defender Alex Pearce and Weimann's former team-mate Darren Bent on a free from Aston Villa.

Derby also remain keen on a deal for Hull City winger Tom Ince.

The Championship club are able to enact a £4.5million clause to sign the England U21 international owing to the terms of his loan agreement last season.

Weimann, 23, is an Austria international and scored four goals in 35 appearances last season.

Villa right-back Matthew Lowton, 26, remains a target for Burnley as they look to replace Kieran Trippier who is destined for Tottenham but is a back-up option for Liverpool if they fail to sign Nathaniel Clyne from Southampton.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3123193/Derby-County-closing-signing-Andreas-Weimann-Aston-Villa-keen-permanent-deal-Tom-Ince.html#ixzz3d15R0iJy 
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

​Hmm, one of the comments on that story seems to indicate he might enjoy a beverage at the expense of training, if you know what I mean. 

Anyone know anything about that?

PistoldPete2

​Hmm, one of the comments on that story seems to indicate he might enjoy a beverage at the expense of training, if you know what I mean. 

Anyone know anything about that?

He posted a picture on Instagram of himself having a beer with villa mates to celebrate the end of season... Villa fans didn't like it as they had just lost and had a **** season. Hardly makes him an alcoholic does it? 

He posted a picture on Instagram of himself having a beer with villa mates to celebrate the end of season... Villa fans didn't like it as they had just lost and had a **** season. Hardly makes him an alcoholic does it? 

Haha... when he signs for Derby, we should send him a bottle of champagne and post THAT pic on a Villa forum. 

2.5 million on Weiimann

4 million on Ince

20kplus wages on Bent

shackell now rumoured 

Surely someone is off to cope with FFP

I think so too, with Hendrick the most likely because he will attract quite good money, but I imagine that offers might be considered on a couple of others, where Keogh, Bryson, Russell and Forsyth come to mind. Things are a changing.

2.5 million on Weiimann

4 million on Ince

20kplus wages on Bent

shackell now rumoured 

Surely someone is off to cope with FFP

With players like ward, barker, that man Utd winger, and eustace gone, I'm sure 3 of them would of been on high wages, at the moment we're still trying to get the same amount of players that we had last season, and apart from one big buy in George Thorne I think we've done quite well in the financial FairPlay so far and probably have a surprising amount wiggle room!

Would have liked to sign Lowton, but Weimann will be a great coup.

I guess selling Hendrick to a newly backed Villa could stump up some cash. Maybe £5m - enough for 2.5 on Weimann and the rest toward Shackell or Ince?

Can see a central midfielder leaving, though I'm quietly confident we'll hold onto Hughes!

Archived