The 1884 Group

4 minutes ago, The 1884 Group said:

So happy with how today went, North Stand was excellent. Only downside, I think we lost a few flags, but will count them on tuesday and see.

They will be in the south stand on Tuesday,  we don't have enough time or volunteers to get them out for evening games.

Think we're seeing the atmosphere step up a level now, and we have some amazing projects coming up.

Can't wait to reveal them!

I saw some little bast#rd smuggling one out today ! I gave him an "oi" to no avail ! I did try ?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Credit to you for providing flags in the North Stand today, it lifted the atmosphere no end and was very impressive. 

Unfortunately there were a few "fans" who thought it highly amusing in gathering some up at the end and taking them away. 

Cretins of the highest order. 

7 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

Credit to you for providing flags in the North Stand today, it lifted the atmosphere no end and was very impressive. 

Unfortunately there were a few "fans" who thought it highly amusing in gathering some up at the end and taking them away. 

Well hopefully that's the ones the stewards brought back in from the concourses,  they were really helpful today in spreading the message not to take them.

If we lost less than 50 I'll be pleased. Hopefully some might come back again.

Sterling work 1884 , Directors Box next ?

14 minutes ago, Abu Derby said:

that'll be eddie ..

My 6 yr old granddaughter was so excited to have a flag in the north stand. Unfortunately, she waved it so much before the game started that her arms were too tired by the time the teams came out! A little assistance from grandma was required - I had been dying to get my hands on it!

11 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Well hopefully that's the ones the stewards brought back in from the concourses,  they were really helpful today in spreading the message not to take them.

Glad to hear that the stewards helped you out in retrieving the flags. 

12 hours ago, The 1884 Group said:

Why didn't we surf the big flag?

1 hour ago, Chris Mills said:

Think that flags in the north stand is a good idea. South stand adds to the atmosphere through their voices so it's nice to have a second stand contributing and like someone already said it's fun for the kids

Have to agree. Looked great from the South Stand and really does include the rest of the stadium, which is fantastic. 

1 hour ago, curb said:

Why didn't we surf the big flag?

Up to nick,  I think he fancied a break and to see how it looked in the east stand

Take on board everything people are saying about flags in the NS.

They will be in the SS on Tuesday, just isn't enough time on evening games to put them away after.

3 hours ago, cosmic said:

What about the corner?....You'd think the away fans would have made a bit of an effort.....put up a flag saying "your flag is far too big for you" or summat. sang "What the trucking ell is that?" or just all gone home before kick off, thinking they need to up there game!.......Do you know what the score was?.......bit of a p1sser if they got beat after getting that big flag out.

Archived