The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe with more communication people will realise. I think people just thought the club had put them out and didn't mind losing them so they didn't know. Certainly the guys behind me thought that.

Besides, those are south standers who now "own" flags of their own (although we hope they come back), so there's a chance they could still bring them to games with them anyway. Disappointing still that they aren't sharing, but nonetheless the flag still returns to the stadium on matchdays, you know?

Definitely benefit of the doubt for now, but as was pointed out above, up close they are very "homemade" and really nothing youd be that excited about showing off!

Anyway, hopefully they come on Tuesday, and with a bit of luck stewards and tannoy can help us out.

If we lose another 70 we have to rethink though.

I thought today when it was loud, it was really really loud and during quiet periods it was just people watching the match.

Also, I would like to say I heard very little moaning around me today.

I had one left on my seat in the East Stand lower, have to say I'm a fan of the shabby chic finish, looks great from afar too.

Hope its there every game, it's gonna come in handy for poking the gobby old sod a few rows in front!

I did notice a lot more personal flags around and about too.

The ticker tape and balloons looked good, but seemed to be a blink and you miss it event, if there was a way of staggering their release for a longer visual impact that'd be good, but a good start.

As for the impact on atmosphere throughout the game, from where I sit it was negligible unfortunately. The SS should be a sea of noise and colour for 90 mins, but for some reason it's just not happening, we were out sung by 600 Charlton fans today.

I don't know what to suggest, maybe a Boca Juniors type group who give out slaps if you're not singing loud enough?

What I find disappointing is that some are calling people "scum" "illetarate" and should be banned.... 

Yet when you ask them why they didn't say this whilst they were at the game they fall silent.... Social media does make people rather brave at times...

Well done @The 1884 Group, quiet periods yesterday were more to do with a tense match rather than anything to do with the preparations. The South Stand looked like the dog's ******** when the players came out.

People taking flags home and inconsistent flag waving (the effort at the start of the second half left a lot to be desired) is all part of the process, and I'm sure no one was expecting it to be perfect straight off the mark.

But still, when you compare Pride Park, or whatever I'm supposed to call it now, to what it was a few years ago when we'd all sit on our hands and stare forlornly at all those empty seats at the South Stand to what we have now, you have to be proud of the fans. I know sometimes we're even negative about ourselves but we asked to move there and what you saw Saturday was our own initiative - we've actually got off our backsides and done something about the atmosphere.

Absolutely everything about the club has been upgraded since the summer of 2013. Including the fans. 

Need to ask stadium announcer to give you a bit of notice that the players on back on their way out for second half to give you time to get those flags waving again. 

Love those big flags at the front  - can we have them all round the ground?  

Sith Happens

I sit in the east stand, thought it looked awesome...fantastic job - made me proud to be a derby fan.

I did see someone with a box with flags in as i walked out, and did see a kid kicking off when parents where telling him he had to put it back so maybe some parents just let them keep for a quiet life.

Maybe the club can do something like have a 'flag amnesty' - if they could put a box or something outside the shop so people who had taken them and 'didnt realise' can drive by and put them back in without having to worry about people saying anything to them. Cant hurt to try that, get it announced on radio derby aswell something like that - bet you would get some.

Need to ask stadium announcer to give you a bit of notice that the players on back on their way out for second half to give you time to get those flags waving again. 

Love those big flags at the front  - can we have them all round the ground?  

Yeah those big flags were great. If we could have them all around the stadium that would be fantatsic. Plus people won't be nicking them either. 

Tom

Havea word with the DCFC PA. Get him to announce that flags to be left behind both at half time and full time. Personally i didnt see any walk off and picked a few up myself left by the seats. Had a look outside the ground but saw none lying around.

Went really really well. The confetti was really well received also.

Great job

dave

Hoping the pa announcer and stewards will get involved on Tuesday.

The guy at watford who did this lost 300 flags in the first 8 games. That would wipe out what we have, hopefully that doesn't happen here! ?

as I said on the other forum, you could do with a couple of lads going down to the exits early and get them off them as they come out.

Good effort from the 1884 group yesterday, it looked great from the east stand,and the more you do it the better it will get,got a feeling this year that the ipro will rock,get the football right which we will do,get the atmosphere going which the 1884 group are doing,then I am sure this time next year will will be doing it in front of Chelsea , Manu and the others.

Archived