The 1884 Group

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

not going to list everyones names up to them really, but my name is Tom Erskine, you can find out more about me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc if you want, I'm not that interesting though!!!

As for the donations, it operates through gofundme.com which is similar to just giving, but not just for charities. It's downloaded weekly to a PayPal account and held there until used for purchasing stock.

like I said, none of us are trying to make names for ourselves, just thought we'd test the water and see how things went. So far it's very positive.

this is approximate due to exchange rates, delivery costs and stock availability! Some of it comes from abroad.

Phase 1 Costs
5000 A5 double-sided leaflets            £76.79 
3000 9x9cm Stickers                       £51.03   
110 2m conduit pipes                      £78.10   
Duct tape                                         £6.99        
Rivet kit                                              £14.99    
Rivets                                                £6.39        
1000  balloons                                £59.40  
300 streamers                                 £152.33    
50 5ftx3ft black flags                     £171
50 5ftx3ft white flags                     £171     
Ultras Shop Delivery                       £18.56    
TOTAL                        £806.58

Riveting stuff.

not going to list everyones names up to them really, but my name is Tom Erskine, you can find out more about me on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc if you want, I'm not that interesting though!!!

As for the donations, it operates through gofundme.com which is similar to just giving, but not just for charities. It's downloaded weekly to a PayPal account and held there until used for purchasing stock.

like I said, none of us are trying to make names for ourselves, just thought we'd test the water and see how things went. So far it's very positive.

this is approximate due to exchange rates, delivery costs and stock availability! Some of it comes from abroad.

Phase 1 Costs
5000 A5 double-sided leaflets            £76.79 
3000 9x9cm Stickers                       £51.03   
110 2m conduit pipes                      £78.10   
Duct tape                                         £6.99        
Rivet kit                                              £14.99    
Rivets                                                £6.39        
1000  balloons                                £59.40  
300 streamers                                 £152.33    
50 5ftx3ft black flags                     £171
50 5ftx3ft white flags                     £171     
Ultras Shop Delivery                       £18.56    
TOTAL                        £806.58

You don't have to tell us your name though.

I like it, haven't got around to donating yet but I'll give what I can in a bit.

The details were all on the site and have been made clear. Think the issue could be some people not quite trusting you guys yet. Which is a shame because we want to hit the ground running at the start of the season. The whole group is still in it's infancy.

Out of interest, what has the Radio Derby appearance done for the follower/member base? Much impact? Haven't heard it myself yet but I'll find it somewhere at some point I'm sure.

Where were the details on the site? I didn't see any, I checked before I posted so to not make myself look more of an idiot than usual?

maybe it ought to be a trust?

you could call it RamsTrust?

I'll get me coat.

yes I saw that!

did you not read my initial post?

I don't have time to read people's posts properly. I'm going for 5,000 posts so it's a case of rush in as quick as poss.

(I misunderstood what you wanted to know, my bad)

There's been quite a few new followers on twitter and more donations coming in again although I suspect people are waiting for payday now.

it was a quick interview, felt like 3 or 4 minutes, but I had a quick chat with Owen Bradley too.

credibility and trust is our biggest challenge, I'm hoping if dcfc can tweet and put something out, that might go a long way, as well as arranging a meet and greet before the home preseason match, if it gets rearranged.

There's been quite a few new followers on twitter and more donations coming in again although I suspect people are waiting for payday now.

it was a quick interview, felt like 3 or 4 minutes, but I had a quick chat with Owen Bradley too.

credibility and trust is our biggest challenge, I'm hoping if dcfc can tweet and put something out, that might go a long way, as well as arranging a meet and greet before the home preseason match, if it gets rearranged.

Dunno why the quotes aren't working right but if you need any help come the day I am happy to help, just give us a message 

I like it, haven't got around to donating yet but I'll give what I can in a bit.

He's a student so expect a button, some small euro coinage, and one of those green charity discs that you get from some supermarkets.

Think I said something similar at the start, Boycie pointed out a couple of things like the I'm not behind this account in page 1 and it looks like you are now from the outside.

Also I'll be honest I went to the donation page without reading all the site and almost chocked on me cornflakes when I saw £5,000 the target. 

My suggestion, think it would look loads better if the donation page just had the £800 target, the run down of what you intend to do for is it the Charlton game think i read? Pics and twitter usernames of all who's behind it. Transparency would go a long way.

If I used the tweet share button, all it will do is link to the donation page which hasn't got any real info or even your website address, talking of which this server has loads of space and if you wanted to get a domain name which is like a fiver for a year or two I can throw it up no problems.

I mean you've almost hit your target already so my suggestions are probably pointless  

Think I said something similar at the start, Boycie pointed out a couple of things like the I'm not behind this account in page 1 and it looks like you are now from the outside.

Also I'll be honest I went to the donation page without reading all the site and almost chocked on me cornflakes when I saw £5,000 the target. 

My suggestion, think it would look loads better if the donation page just had the £800 target, the run down of what you intend to do for is it the Charlton game think i read? Pics and twitter usernames of all who's behind it. Transparency would go a long way.

If I used the tweet share button, all it will do is link to the donation page which hasn't got any real info or even your website address, talking of which this server has loads of space and if you wanted to get a domain name which is like a fiver for a year or two I can throw it up no problems.

I mean you've almost hit your target already so my suggestions are probably pointless  

Every ones a critic :whistle:

Im allowed to do this... Members +

Archived