Daily Mail - McClarens holding out for Compo

Orphanram

The Boro  manager Aitor Karanka has done ok and I don't think he had much experience did he in fact it's a similar scenario IMO 

Playing or managing? If you mean playing he played quite a few games in La Liga for Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid and got 1 cap for Spain. After playing he went on to manage Spain U-16s then Real assistant to Boro manager.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Playing or managing? If you mean playing he played quite a few games in La Liga for Athletic Bilbao and Real Madrid and got 1 cap for Spain. After playing he went on to manage Spain U-16s then Real assistant to Boro manager.

Thanks for the information .

I meant Managing but it may not be a perfect analogy to Clement but Karanka was very inexperienced as a manager in his own right at Championship level IMO. 

I've received a little snippet of information that I feel I must share. The source is from somebody who used to go to Pride Park. 

Apparently the compensation issue with respect to monies owing to McClaren from DCFC isn't the hold up for this sorry state of affairs; it's compensation owing to DCFC from McClaren - a mere £2.69 for a broken coffee cup. 

Beggars belief. 

I've received a little snippet of information that I feel I must share. The source is from somebody who used to go to Pride Park. 

Apparently the compensation issue with respect to monies owing to McClaren from DCFC isn't the hold up for this sorry state of affairs; it's compensation owing to DCFC from McClaren - a mere £2.69 for a broken coffee cup. 

Beggars belief. 

​In this case, I'm firmly on the side of McClaren. Bucko's force of will caused said cup to propel itself, poltergeist-like, across the Moor Farm cafeteria.

Things are worse than I first thought!

The Derby Telegraph has previously reported how the McClaren saga may not be resolved until next week – but it looks like the Rams will be leaving the club.
Read more at http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-iPro-list-Championship-grounds-says/story-26563153-detail/story.html#D6jGzljq2uVsTwqi.99

​This situation looks like it's getting serious. Surely the club have to move to quell fears that the Rams won't be here come August. 

​This situation looks like it's getting serious. Surely the club have to move to quell fears that the Rams won't be here come August. 

If only they didn't keep us in the dark so much, this story broke hours ago and not a peep from them!

Seems to me that there are lots of reasons for the club to remain silent: legal issues, a sense of uncertainty, an element of trying to do things in a professional way but not least of all the notion that the fans do not have a divine right to know all of the ins and outs of such deals.

Rest assured there will be an out come - it will be resolved.

Let's just hope that the club emerge stronger. That will make us all happy/

Seems to me that there are lots of reasons for the club to remain silent: legal issues, a sense of uncertainty, an element of trying to do things in a professional way but not least of all the notion that the fans do not have a divine right to know all of the ins and outs of such deals.

Rest assured there will be an out come - it will be resolved.

Let's just hope that the club emerge stronger. That will make us all happy/

​Good grief man you can't start posting sensible things like that.

Sky Sports reporting he is holding out for HUGE pay off. Shows he doesn't care about the club!!

If he is going to join a higher club where he will be paid more anyway then why is he trying to get even more money? This is pure money grabbing.

When Mckay got sacked wasn't there a ruling that if he joined a new club within x amount of time he wouldn't get the full compensation? Hope something like that happens, this pay off could of bought in a good player.

Sky sources are reporting that McClaren “is adamant he will not resign as he feels he was part of a five-year plan and is only two years into that.”

If he is so adamant the it was a five year plan then why didn't he say definitively that he wasn't interested in leaving and would not do so when the rumours started.

**** comes to mind.

I'd put him on garden leave for the next 2 years let the mercenary b*****d rot  ( I'm not bitter honest ) 

​Yes instead of paying any compensation to the idiot let him rot on garden leave then nobody would take him on

Gardening leave for 3 months, by which time all Prem clubs currently without or about to ditch a manager will have got themselves sorted. Any club wanting McClaren will have to negotiate with Sam for Mac's release.

i just feel so ddisappointed that things have turned out asthey have  - thought MMcClaren had a lot more feeling for our club than is obviously the case. They're correct when people say there's no loyalty in professional football these days.

Gardening leave for 3 months, by which time all Prem clubs currently without or about to ditch a manager will have got themselves sorted. Any club wanting McClaren will have to negotiate with Sam for Mac's release.

i just feel so ddisappointed that things have turned out asthey have  - thought MMcClaren had a lot more feeling for our club than is obviously the case. They're correct when people say there's no loyalty in professional football these days.

No - I haven't got a sssssstutter, just sssssausage fingers! 

TobyWanKenobi

If I was Steve, I'd be holding out for every last penny. After taking over from the mediocre team that Nigel had created and got us challenging, only to be sacked for lets face it, a stupid reason, he deserves a payout.

The only benefit I can see from all this, is if we re not top 2 next Christmas, and promoted next May, there will be no shame in fans demanding a new manager, as the board have clearly shown that merely challenging for promotion is not adequate.

PistoldPete2

Sky Sports reporting he is holding out for HUGE pay off. Shows he doesn't care about the club!!

If he is going to join a higher club where he will be paid more anyway then why is he trying to get even more money? This is pure money grabbing.

When Mckay got sacked wasn't there a ruling that if he joined a new club within x amount of time he wouldn't get the full compensation? Hope something like that happens, this pay off could of bought in a good player.

If that really is true then just sack him or gardening leave. No point in negotiating ... 

Archived