EVERYBODY STAY CALM

Dale The Ram

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what people have overlooked is, the club would not sanction releasing Ward if McClaren isn't staying!

as good as Jamie was, a new manager will not be upset we have let ward go.

he was not a key member of team come end of season, and we are likely to be lookig at better players if a new coaxh/manager is appointed. It is a big decision changing coach/manager and we cannot delay decisions based on what Rush may have been planning. (ie a review of mcclaren position)

what people have overlooked is, the club would not sanction releasing Ward if McClaren isn't staying!

​Things change - perhaps we thought he was staying but we've had an offer (from West Ham according to other unsubstantiated rumours)....

I am quite relaxed ,I got roundly criticised when Mac got a new contract and I said we were rewarding failure .After our capitulation this season I think I was justified ,  to bring a player like Bent in and not being able to adapt a system and no proper cover at CDM was a major flaw in his management .

I also think he should have been a little more loyal ,we gave him a job when his stock was not very high and maybe just maybe was going to go to a bigger club at the first opportunity.It could be that Ming the Merciless shares my views we will see .For the record I quite like Mac but I think it would be hard to continue with him.

I am quite relaxed ,I got roundly criticised when Mac got a new contract and I said we were rewarding failure .After our capitulation this season I think I was justified ,  to bring a player like Bent in and not being able to adapt a system and no proper cover at CDM was a major flaw in his management .

I also think he should have been a little more loyal ,we gave him a job when his stock was not very high and maybe just maybe was going to go to a bigger club at the first opportunity.It could be that Ming the Merciless shares my views we will see .For the record I quite like Mac but I think it would be hard to continue with him.

​Please highlight his disloyalty. Bonus points for doing it without making up stuff.

​I thought about this too but wasn't it a case of Ward not taking up his optional year so that he could hopefully get more playing time elsewhere. He is still on contract until end of June so the situation is retrievable if so desired by  both sides.

How much defensive midfield cover would you like?!

Bad luck is bad luck… 

​how could he have been a bit more loyal?

I think not leaving, not applying for another job, and staying, are quite loyal.

​How about being a bit more clear cut with his intentions when asked about the Newcastle job. Look I quite like Mac but there is clearly something not quite right with the way we capitulated late on ,if he stays I would be fine with that but either Mac or Rush has mismanaged the situation  IMO.

How much defensive midfield cover would you like?!

Bad luck is bad luck… 

​You call it bad luck ,I call it bad planning ,expecting to get a full season and 90 mins a game out of JE is frankly a joke as was expecting Omar to do the job.

​How about being a bit more clear cut with his intentions when asked about the Newcastle job. Look I quite like Mac but there is clearly something not quite right with the way we capitulated late on ,if he stays I would be fine with that but either Mac or Rush has mismanaged the situation  IMO.

​why should he? if he doesn't want to talk about something, why should he?

tumblr_n4iierxtrb1rj1j9ro3_250.gif

Its all rumours............... so far! (ive done it again)

Seems its gonna be a busy Summer for the Rams

Place your predictions... (PredictionThread-esque)

​Best start of a office episode ever

"What does warm mean?" 

​The clue is be a bit more loyal ,I didn't say he was disloyal .RTFP.

​Which bit of "I am committed to Derby County" isn't loyal enough for you?

​Did you read the articles or just the headlines? (I know you did say you were playing Devil's advocate)

One of them says he's ruled out the job but doesn't provide any quotes. The other says he's ruled out a job but onbly provides a 2 word quote about the club in the first article and the only one with any decent amount of quotage could easily be presented as him ruling it out.

He'll be gone though by tonight, I feel.

"When quizzed about his Derby future, he said: “I have got a contract here for the next two years after this and I hope to honour that contract.

But it is football, that might change, who knows. But at the present moment I am the Derby County head coach and will remain so until things change."

I think that's the bit that sounded a bit dodgy, if he had just left that bit out then I think most fans would be on his side

Why is his answer to every question "that's football"?

Why did we lose? - "That's football"
Are you interested in the Newcastle job? - "That's football".

I know what the bleedin' game is. Answer the question.

​Did you read the articles or just the headlines? (I know you did say you were playing Devil's advocate)

One of them says he's ruled out the job but doesn't provide any quotes. The other says he's ruled out a job but onbly provides a 2 word quote about the club in the first article and the only one with any decent amount of quotage could easily be presented as him ruling it out.

He'll be gone though by tonight, I feel.

​Haha, busted! Yeah as you say, I just found some headlines to give an alternative view of things. I'm sure we could all find more substantial quotes that argue either side of it, to be honest.

My honest opinion: I think the whole saga has been handled poorly by everyone (club, manager, fans, media), and it's a shame that the best football we've seen in years under Mac looks like to end on a sour note. 

Archived