Hamartia. (Macca's situation?)

Rams1884

No not a potential new signing but from my memory of Greek Theban plays this is the word that best describes Maclaren's current situation. Basically he is a busted flush and did not play a good hand at all. In fact he made a major error in keeeping his options open so publically. From hero to zero. Only my thoughts of course but personally would be happy for him to leave and think he will be gone soon anyway. I also dont think he is good enough to get us promoted and lets not forget he has never won a promotion at all. 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes you're right, and we've got a history of getting rid of our best managers.

we're much better off in mid table with a mediocre manager, or fighting relegation with a **** manager.

There's no pressure then, no stupid queues for tickets, no traffic queues, we'd only only have to buy one, maybe two cup tickets every season, we can just tootle along to the ground with our flasks and our blankets, not have to worry about trying to win games, or getting all excited about where we are in the table, we wouldn't have to keep our diaries open for May in case we reach the stupid play offs, we'd be able to start thinking about the summer hols when the season finishes in February.

much better than this farce.

No not a potential new signing but from my memory of Greek Theban plays this is the word that best describes Maclaren's current situation. Basically he is a busted flush and did not play a good hand at all. In fact he made a major error in keeeping his options open so publically. From hero to zero. Only my thoughts of course but personally would be happy for him to leave and think he will be gone soon anyway. I also dont think he is good enough to get us promoted and lets not forget he has never won a promotion at all. 

Errr pretty sure he won the league with Boro......

​Something something A52.

Its no wonder I hardly ever post. People tend to get so prickly all the time. I was just posting my thoughts. I am surprised that Maclaren is still being blindly supported by majority after the debacle of the end of season, irrsepcetive of what came before. I personally feel he has taken us as far as he is capable, but Its not just about his capability as a coach(which I am starting to believe is not all he is cut out to be) but more about integrity and loyalty and the way I feel he has handled the situation. If I was in Rush's shoes I would want rid of him too but would not want to show my hand until he showed his or other clubs come calling. Lets see what happens shall we...?

See all the speculation and fuss around McClaren's future only bothers you if you're speculating or fussing. 

It doesn't bother me because if he's leaving then he'll leave. I don't need to know his plans or how close or not close to leaving he is. I'm not arsed. People come and go. He won't be the best manager we ever have and he won't be the worst. 

Everyone moaning about speculation... stop speculating and it will go away. Honest.

It's like Thorne last season. The "Saga" that dragged on. "move on" they said. It took 2 weeks to sign him. That's it. 2 weeks to part WBA with a player they didn't want to sell. It only felt like a saga because we checked for updates every 10 minutes. Just like Mac said its all paper talk, Rush said they're confident of signing Thorne. You can ignore that and dramatise it or you can say "yeah" and just carry on until something actually changes. 

It's same with all transfer gossip nowadays. Where's Benteke going? What's the latest?  Who's closest to signing him? Has he been shopping in Manchester? Why does it matter?  He signs where he signs. 

Derby County managers with a 54%+ win ratio aren't common. 

Its no wonder I hardly ever post. People tend to get so prickly all the time. I was just posting my thoughts. I am surprised that Maclaren is still being blindly supported by majority after the debacle of the end of season, irrsepcetive of what came before. I personally feel he has taken us as far as he is capable, but Its not just about his capability as a coach(which I am starting to believe is not all he is cut out to be) but more about integrity and loyalty and the way I feel he has handled the situation. If I was in Rush's shoes I would want rid of him too but would not want to show my hand until he showed his or other clubs come calling. Lets see what happens shall we...?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alex_Ferguson#Appointment_and_first_years

Yeh... Because you should ALWAYS judge a manager based on his first year and a half in charge...

​Never won promotion, but he's won a League Cup and a Major European League title. He's also only been in charge of two second tier clubs. Forest for that unfortunate spell, and us for the past nearly two seasons, where he put in serious challenges for promotion both times with a side that had previously considered a top half finish good. 

​Never won promotion, but he's won a League Cup and a Major European League title. He's also only been in charge of two second tier clubs. Forest for that unfortunate spell, and us for the past nearly two seasons, where he put in serious challenges for promotion both times with a side that had previously considered a top half finish good. 

​I wonder how many promotions Fergie, Mourinho and Wenger got! Also Mancini, Guardiola, Ancelotti and Van Gaal.

​I wonder how many promotions Fergie, Mourinho and Wenger got! Also Mancini, Guardiola, Ancelotti and Van Gaal.

​Sir Alex Ferguson: 1, St Mirren 76-77 Scottish First Division

Jose Mourinho: 0

Arsene Wenger: 0

Roberto Mancini: 0

Pep Guardiola: 1, Barcelona B 07-08 Tercera Division

Carlo Ancelotti: 0

Louis van Gaal: 0

From this we can conclude that Pep Guardiola is literally as good as Sir Alex and possibly even Billy Davies!

Archived