Hamartia. (Macca's situation?)

Rams1884

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Take away his 7 week spell at Forest, has he managed anyone other than us who it's been possible to get promoted? So he's finished 3rd and 8th in his first two real seasons where promotion has been the target and people are questioning whether he's the right man to take us forward because he's never been promoted.

Unbelievable.

Its just that all  his limitations as a manager got exposed big time at the end of last season......................and the scales fell off a lot of people's eyes.

​and like a good CEO, Rush should be scenario planning and just asking himself the question - which part of the past is the more reliable guide to the future? and can I do anything do insure myself against getting anything other than the best possible outcome.

Its no wonder I hardly ever post. People tend to get so prickly all the time. I was just posting my thoughts. I am surprised that Maclaren is still being blindly supported by majority after the debacle of the end of season, irrsepcetive of what came before. I personally feel he has taken us as far as he is capable, but Its not just about his capability as a coach(which I am starting to believe is not all he is cut out to be) but more about integrity and loyalty and the way I feel he has handled the situation. If I was in Rush's shoes I would want rid of him too but would not want to show my hand until he showed his or other clubs come calling. Lets see what happens shall we...?

How can you say irrespective of what came before?

if McClaren had the same record over the course of two seasons, then yes it would be cause for concern, but he hasn't, he's consistently produced 20 points from every 10 games up until that point, so he's obviously capable of doing it again, whereas the previous managers we've had were either consistently average or consistently poor.

if we're going to hound out every manager when we have a poor run of results then we might as well pack in now.

Typical of this Forum. We have someone come on here who wants to raise the level of discussion to new levels, and enlighten us with Greek history, and we have our newest Moderator saying he can't be arsed!  Philistines the majority of you. And there is only one thing worse than a Philistine, and that's a Labour supporting Philistine.

Archived