David Forde

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering about Bettinelli? 

1 year left on his contract so Fulham face losing him for nothing in Jan.

22 year old. england u21.

I was wondering about Bettinelli? 

1 year left on his contract so Fulham face losing him for nothing in Jan.

22 year old. england u21.

​They can only lose him "for nothing" to non-English clubs, we'd still need to wait until next summer. 

I hope this is a wind up. Grant is much better. Fordes name is perfect for the pun brigade though. :lol:

​We'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Wouldn't let me edit the other comment... :ph34r:

He's a decent keeper. Usually starts for Ireland ahead of Shay Given and Kieran Westwood. Would add some competition for Grant in that position, if Grant continues his current form into next season then Forde will be a much better choice. If he can keep Shay Given out of starting for Ireland, who is a much better keeper than Grant then clearly he can't be that bad. 

We only have Roos as back up currently, McClaren doesn't seem to trust him as sufficient back up and has brought in loans before when Grant has been injured. Grant's bad form might have even happened due to not having any real competition so lost concentration in training. Having 2 decent keepers competing can only be a good thing.

I must have been watching different games, but everytime I've seen Firde play he's looked really good. I'd say he's more consistent than Grant. Maybe Grant is better when he's at the top of his game, but recently he's been quite poor. Forde just seems like a boring, solid, reliable keeper. I'd say tedium is good when we're talking about goal keepers.

Playing for Ireland really doesn't mean a massive amount, being an 'average Championship player' will get you plenty of caps.

Shay Given hasn't been a regular at Villa since the 2011/12 season and is 39 (even for a keeper that's still getting on a bit) - it makes sense that a player playing every game for his club would get in ahead of him.

Purely as backup he might be an option, nothing more.

Well to all you kippers wanting grant replaced I hope this is an eye opener on who wed get,  if you want Marshall or even butland your forking out several million quid, a lot for a championship team rspecially when they have more pressing issues than replacing a good keeper

Archived