Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

Joey barton....omg.

thats on a par with robbie savage

the kind of suggestion that seems a good idea to paul 'i'm going to video my extra-marital rumpy pumpy ' jewell 

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Barton might have come if McClaren were here, although Nixon has always intimated he'd go where the biggest offer was.

While we have a "recruitment" department, I'd hope Clement will bring more possibilities into the mix. For instance, I didn't feel Mascarell was up to it last season so hope we will find better.

CDM - Adlene Guedioura

Him and deeney really impressed me when we drew with them at the ipro, there's no chance we'll get deeney (and I doubt we really need him) but guedioura would be a fantastic acquisition, it would all depend on wether pardew wants him at palace (I think palace is his parent club) & we'd be playing second fiddle to watford if they wanted him permanently 

Some crappy twitter nonsense account linked us with Tom Cairney.

​No thanks... Too many fake itk accounts on twitter pal.

Barton might have come if McClaren were here, although Nixon has always intimated he'd go where the biggest offer was.

While we have a "recruitment" department, I'd hope Clement will bring more possibilities into the mix. For instance, I didn't feel Mascarell was up to it last season so hope we will find better.

I thought Omar grew as the season progressed, used the ball excellently before his injury. I would have been pleased to see him at the end of the season as it "MAY" have not ended quite so badley .

A few names from me as I fight off insomnia:

Goalkeepers: Alex McCarthy (QPR); Adam Bogdan (free transfer); Tomasz Kuszczak (free transfer)

Right Back: Ritchie de Laet (Leicester City); Sam Byram (Leeds United); Moses Odubajo (Brentford)

Left Back: Luke Garbutt (free transfer); Joe Bennett (Aston Villa); James Husband (Middlesbrough)

Centre Back: Bruno Manga (Cardiff); James Chester (Hull City); Liam Moore (Leicester City); Lewis Dunk (Brighton); Jason Shackell (Burnley); Kenneth Omerou (Chelsea); Harry Maguire (Hull City) 

Central Midfielders: Liam Bridcutt (Sunderland); Danny Drinkwater (Leicester); Gary Gardner (Aston Villa); Leon Britton (Swansea); Beram Kayal (Brighton); Diego Poyet (West Ham); Lewis Baker (Chelsea); Luke Freeman (Bristol City); Josh McEachran (Chelsea)

Wingers: Tom Ince (Hull City); Will Buckley (Sunderland); Serge Gnabry (Arsenal); Anthony Knockaert (free transfer); Jota (Brentford); Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur); Craig Noone (Cardiff City); Harry Wilson (Liverpool)

Strikers: Dominic Solanke (Chelsea); Darren Bent (free agent); Nick Powell (Manchester United); James Wilson (Manchester United)

I'm sure there is many more, but that should do for Chris Evans to mull over. Although, I know some of these - Chester in particular - may be impossible to sign up. 

I will say this for Solanke: he's come of age recently and I've got a feeling that if he goes out on loan he will have a huge impact at this level. I don't know if Chelsea will keep him but I'd go all out to sign him up. 

A few names from me as I fight off insomnia:

Goalkeepers: Alex McCarthy (QPR); Adam Bogdan (free transfer); Tomasz Kuszczak (free transfer)

Right Back: Ritchie de Laet (Leicester City); Sam Byram (Leeds United); Moses Odubajo (Brentford)

Left Back: Luke Garbutt (free transfer); Joe Bennett (Aston Villa); James Husband (Middlesbrough)

Centre Back: Bruno Manga (Cardiff); James Chester (Hull City); Liam Moore (Leicester City); Lewis Dunk (Brighton); Jason Shackell (Burnley); Kenneth Omerou (Chelsea); Harry Maguire (Hull City) 

Central Midfielders: Liam Bridcutt (Sunderland); Danny Drinkwater (Leicester); Gary Gardner (Aston Villa); Leon Britton (Swansea); Beram Kayal (Brighton); Diego Poyet (West Ham); Lewis Baker (Chelsea); Luke Freeman (Bristol City); Josh McEachran (Chelsea)

Wingers: Tom Ince (Hull City); Will Buckley (Sunderland); Serge Gnabry (Arsenal); Anthony Knockaert (free transfer); Jota (Brentford); Alex Pritchard (Tottenham Hotspur); Craig Noone (Cardiff City); Harry Wilson (Liverpool)

Strikers: Dominic Solanke (Chelsea); Darren Bent (free agent); Nick Powell (Manchester United); James Wilson (Manchester United)

I'm sure there is many more, but that should do for Chris Evans to mull over. Although, I know some of these - Chester in particular - may be impossible to sign up. 

I will say this for Solanke: he's come of age recently and I've got a feeling that if he goes out on loan he will have a huge impact at this level. I don't know if Chelsea will keep him but I'd go all out to sign him up. 

​No GK needed

I'd love De Laet but featured fairly prominently for Leicester's first team this season.

Garbutt is highly rated,a  loan move may suit both parties?

Bruno Manga is an excellent CB at this level and would be a great signing. Their PotY I think. Liam Moore also looked excellent against us a few seasons ago but he hasn't seen much 1st team action since, a loan move would allow us to judge his abilities better.

Danny Drinkwater is one of the best midfielders at this level and in the event Hughes leaves, would be a more than adequate replacement

Ince has proved himself to be incredible at this level and I'd also take Knockeart on a free signing, might demand large wages however.

Bent again had a huge impact last season and, at this level, would be a great signing.

I know it dosent mean much now but according to John Percy, Andreas Weimann was a target of ours before McClaren got the chop. Opinions of him? From what I've seen he looks a very clumsy player that misses a fair few sitters. Then again I haven't seen much of him.

(The Weimann bit is near the bottom)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/aston-villa/11642288/Aston-Villa-manager-Tim-Sherwood-makes-bid-to-keep-Christian-Benteke-despite-Liverpool-and-United-interest.html

​No GK needed

I'd love De Laet but featured fairly prominently for Leicester's first team this season.

Garbutt is highly rated,a  loan move may suit both parties?

Bruno Manga is an excellent CB at this level and would be a great signing. Their PotY I think. Liam Moore also looked excellent against us a few seasons ago but he hasn't seen much 1st team action since, a loan move would allow us to judge his abilities better.

Danny Drinkwater is one of the best midfielders at this level and in the event Hughes leaves, would be a more than adequate replacement

Ince has proved himself to be incredible at this level and I'd also take Knockeart on a free signing, might demand large wages however.

Bent again had a huge impact last season and, at this level, would be a great signing.

​De Laet was out of the first team towards the end of last season and had to make do with appearances off the bench - Drinkwater too.

I'd imagine neither would be cheap, but we could definitely sign them. Garbutt is a free signing, so no loan. We'd have to pay compo and I think interest is quite high, but we could offer him a bigger wage and see if he bites.

Manga is the best CB at this level by some way. The guy's a monster, not much of a footballer, but he's incredible. He put in the best performance against us I saw last season. 

Lots of options out there, none of them cheap, but we're the Man City of the Midlands now.. :ph34r:

​De Laet was out of the first team towards the end of last season and had to make do with appearances off the bench - Drinkwater too.

I'd imagine neither would be cheap, but we could definitely sign them. Garbutt is a free signing, so no loan. We'd have to pay compo and I think interest is quite high, but we could offer him a bigger wage and see if he bites.

Manga is the best CB at this level by some way. The guy's a monster, not much of a footballer, but he's incredible. He put in the best performance against us I saw last season. 

Lots of options out there, none of them cheap, but we're the Man City of the Midlands now.. :ph34r:

​All would be fantastic signings in my opinion, especially De Laet and Drinkwater, two players that would bolster the quality in our squad considerably. If they're available, I would love to see us go for them.

Manga would be tougher as he's Cardiff's first choice CB and they recognise just how good he is, however again, he's another player that would probably be able to make the step up to the Premier League. He's certainly better than Wes Morgan who remained a regular for Leicester this season.

​Manga is brilliant but there's no chance of us getting him is there? Cost Cardiff between 3 and 4 million and his performances this season will have only increased his value

Archived