Summer Transfer Suggestion Thread

South Ram

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sam Morsy from Chesterfield? Been linked with a few Champ clubs and can't see him staying now they're staying down. He's like a much more mobile version of Eustace and is a good passer, would be the perfect replacement for Mascarell. And obviously we'd have a little advantage over other Champ clubs as he wouldn't need to move house

I like him. Not as physical as Eustace but a decent player.

we could do worse however i'm not sure how he compares with bunjaku, koblenz and hanson.

followed him since he was with Port Vale.

​Federici conceded a howler against Arsenal just the other week in a major game, hasn't that been the basis of your criticism of Grant?

Yes......all keepers willmake the occasional error but grant makes one howler every match.

i wouldn't trust him to carry a tray of drinks.

p.s. You didn't answer my question regarding his performance v sheff wed.

Yes......all keepers willmake the occasional error but grant makes one howler every match.

​Come off it, he only had a poor end to the season, for the most part he was quality and saved our skins a few times just look at his performances against teams like Norwich. 

I like him. Not as physical as Eustace but a decent player.

we could do worse however i'm not sure how he compares with bunjaku, koblenz and hanson.

followed him since he was with Port Vale.

​I use another forum where there's a bunch of lower league fans and most of the League 1 fans on there (Including a couple Chesterfield fans) rate Morsy higher than Clucas and Roberts. He only has a year left on his current deal so should be fairly cheap .... a mate of mine said a few Chesterfield 'ITKs' say Cardiff have made a double bid of 1.5 million for both Morsy and Clucas, so that gives you a bit of an idea how much Morsy would likely be

​Come off it, he only had a poor end to the season, for the most part he was quality and saved our skins a few times just look at his performances against teams like Norwich. 

He's been a total liability. 

I'm not massive fan of Barton but he is the type of player we need. Free agent as well so worth a try anyway I'd be happy if he's joining us. Will be interesting summer ahead. 

​I don't like him, but if his wages were within our budget then I can see the benefits he would bring to the team, some grit, determination and influence which our midfield is sadly lacking. He's got some ability as well, I could see him doing well in our team. 

​Haven't you been saying get rid of Keogh under the exact same circumstances? (Sorry if I have the wrong guy, cant be bothered to look).

​I called for Keogh to be dropped at one point in the 1st half of the season, but since then he has picked up his performances.

My point regarding Keogh was more to do with consistent poor performances when the team was playing well which is in stark contrast to Grant who played poorly for a couple of games when the team was already underperforming.

​That's rubbish!  90% of games he has been spotless and has not only been solid but has pulled off some incredible saves as well.

His most common mistake is distribution but this is probably due to McClaren instructing him to not simply just put his foot through the ball.

​That's rubbish!  90% of games he has been spotless and has not only been solid but has pulled off some incredible saves as well.

His most common mistake is distribution but this is probably due to McClaren instructing him to not simply just put his foot through the ball.

90% spotless....dear me.

you named 4 games where he was pants. I've given you another one to comment....and if necessary we could list many more....forests winning goal? ....what was he doing for that?

90% spotless....dear me.

you named 4 games where he was pants. I've given you another one to comment....and if necessary we could list many more....forests winning goal? ....what was he doing for that?

​He's played 86 games for us and you're complaining about 5/6...

It's alright you commenting on all the games he's made mistakes in (which doesn't even make it to double digits), I can easily reel off twice as many games as you claim, of matches where he has single-handedly (pun not intended) won us points!

​He's played 86 games for us and you're complaining about 5/6...

It's alright you commenting on all the games he's made mistakes in (which doesn't even make it to double digits), I can easily reel off twice as many games as you claim, of matches where he has single-handedly (pun not intended) won us points!

He was ok at the start of the season - i'll grant you that (pun intended) but when it mattered he was dreadful.

We agree on wolves, millwall, rotherham and huddersfield - all bad. (Probably 7 points dropped)

i added sheff wed (another 2 points dropped).

forest at home wasn't his finest hour. The first goal goes under him, the second he seems to drive grobelaar style beyond the post ( another point dropped min.....that ten so far).

i could add.....

ipswich home - berra's goal - he come comes for the free kick, then stops and is caught in no mans land (another 2 points)

Middlesbro away - bamfords shot seems to go under him - lets be charitable assume no pints dropped as a result.

i could keep going, but theres 12 points dropped. 

Call me impatient, but at what point do we expect to start opening negotiations and following through interest? Should we not be using the extra time in our season to our benefit transfer-wise?

Or are we waiting for the playoffs to end to pick up Jota, Berra and Luongo... *insert wishful thinking here*

He was ok at the start of the season - i'll grant you that (pun intended) but when it mattered he was dreadful.

We agree on wolves, millwall, rotherham and huddersfield - all bad. (Probably 7 points dropped)

i added sheff wed (another 2 points dropped).

forest at home wasn't his finest hour. The first goal goes under him, the second he seems to drive grobelaar style beyond the post ( another point dropped min.....that ten so far).

i could add.....

ipswich home - berra's goal - he come comes for the free kick, then stops and is caught in no mans land (another 2 points)

Middlesbro away - bamfords shot seems to go under him - lets be charitable assume no pints dropped as a result.

i could keep going, but theres 12 points dropped. 

Sorry to butt in, but what Sheff Weds game are you referring to, the away 0-0, or the home 3-2 win? Either way don't see 2 points dropped?

Archived