Tom Ince - The new Gareth Bale

RamsTID

Former England captain Paul Ince says his son, Hull City midfielder Tom Ince, 23, has the talent to become the next Gareth Bale. (the Times - subscription required)

Good player but his dad constantly comparing him to world class players can't be doing him any good, can it?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bigging him up for the inevitable transfer from Hull.

One thing I will say on this - he's right if you just look at the last 4 months. Ince has been awesome - Bale has been pants.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, he has never been, and never will be a 100% committed team player and he inherited his mardarse attitude from his old man, he may score goals and revel in the glory of doing so but wherever he has been the question of unrest amongst his team-mates has invariably arisen [allegedly whispers from Moor Farm seem to confirm this].

Let him toddle of to Chelsea or wherever and parade his skills there, I'm sure Mr Mourinho would be only too pleased to take advice on the best way to bring out his skills from his dad.

I've always been surprised that Harry Ramsden didn't jump at the chance of sponsoring both him and his father.

I wouldn't touch him with a barge pole, he has never been, and never will be a 100% committed team player and he inherited his mardarse attitude from his old man, he may score goals and revel in the glory of doing so but wherever he has been the question of unrest amongst his team-mates has invariably arisen [allegedly whispers from Moor Farm seem to confirm this].

Let him toddle of to Chelsea or wherever and parade his skills there, I'm sure Mr Mourinho would be only too pleased to take advice on the best way to bring out his skills from his dad.

I've always been surprised that Harry Ramsden didn't jump at the chance of sponsoring both him and his father.

​Here we go again. Would you like to buy a second-hand set of saucers? Unfortunately the cups all seem to have gone missing somehow.

​I'd disagree, I think he was very committed to us and the promotion push. If you listened to any of his interviews, he said in almost all of them that he wasn't just here to play football, he was here to help the team push on and get to the premier league. For a loan player I think that shows great commitment to the team. 

​sorry Knabby, Ince put a lot of players to shame with his commitment recently.

​The contradictions in this one statement are making my head spin. Alleged whispers... confirm... Dear me, I can't cope.

I'd like to know where this reputation for not being a team player comes from. It surely can't come from anyone who's seen him play.

​I'd disagree, I think he was very committed to us and the promotion push. If you listened to any of his interviews, he said in almost all of them that he wasn't just here to play football, he was here to help the team push on and get to the premier league. For a loan player I think that shows great commitment to the team.

​All a matter of opinions, I've got mine and you've got yours, he may well have said things to ingratiate him with the supporters, whether or not you believe him is another thing.

​All a matter of opinions, I've got mine and you've got yours, he may well have said things to ingratiate him with the supporters, whether or not you believe him is another thing.

​And yet you believe alleged whispers.

What are your reasons for believing one and not the other?

​Yes, but what you believe is completely made-up bullshit of your own invention, Walter Mitty.

'Alleged whispers' - you must think that people are stupid.

Archived