Tom Ince - The new Gareth Bale

RamsTID

Was it ? Anyway it wasn't a cross... I've never seen ince cross a ball that's led to a goal. 

Yes it was mate I was there and it was Johnny Russell cross to Ince then Ince head the ball down to Hendrick and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL. :) 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing I will say on this - he's right if you just look at the last 4 months. Ince has been awesome - Bale has been pants.

It would be interesting to compare the points per game for both players in the last 4 months.

PistoldPete2

Yes it was mate I was there and it was Johnny Russell cross to Ince then Ince head the ball down to Hendrick and GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLL. :) 

I was there too, and I remember ince's curler that nearly won us the game... Didn't realise that not going in meant no play off place but boy did we fall flat against reading. 

It would be interesting to compare the points per game for both players in the last 4 months.

​Your point would only be valid if each side had one player.

​Your point would only be valid if each side had one player.

​Yep I understand that. I guess my point is that one player doesn't make a team. Ince has a talent without doubt but for me he doesn't work hard enough, is very poor defensively and I think he's not a team player.

If we do sign him I really hope I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time as I was cursing Clough when he signed Chris Martin as I thought he was poor as well. I guess I best just stick to Football Manager.

Its no surprise things went belly up this year, one thing Clough gave us was a team who worked hard and worked for each other. However with that if you upset one part of that team then you upset half a dozen. Ward on the Bench and released, Bucco drinking tea on the side-lines after scoring two goals, workhorse Bryson not starting. Its no coincidence that the so called issues seem to be with Cloughs core players. If the Big Mac is going to get it right next year we need change.

​Yep I understand that. I guess my point is that one player doesn't make a team. Ince has a talent without doubt but for me he doesn't work hard enough, is very poor defensively and I think he's not a team player.

If we do sign him I really hope I'm wrong, it wouldn't be the first time as I was cursing Clough when he signed Chris Martin as I thought he was poor as well. I guess I best just stick to Football Manager.

Its no surprise things went belly up this year, one thing Clough gave us was a team who worked hard and worked for each other. However with that if you upset one part of that team then you upset half a dozen. Ward on the Bench and released, Bucco drinking tea on the side-lines after scoring two goals, workhorse Bryson not starting. Its no coincidence that the so called issues seem to be with Cloughs core players. If the Big Mac is going to get it right next year we need change.

​Ince does not need to great at defending - he is an attacking striker - that's his job.

Clough gave us some foundations for Mac to build on granted, but Clough also gave us a team that finished mid table year in, year out.

No, we need players like Ince, any player that can score as many as he did for us this year is a massive plus - remember without his goals and assist's it would have still be mid table finish.....

Injuries cost us this year, remember we were 5 points clear at the end of Feb, then we lost most of the first team over the next 8/9 weeks.

Can Paul Ince shut up???

No way is Ince the next Gareth Bale... Ince is a good player but cant get into the Hull team, Gareth Bale scored a goal in the Champions League final.

Unless Paul Ince knows absolutely nothing about football I suggest he lets Tom make his own career and destiny without his Dads lingering shadow and rose tinted oppinions. 

​Bale looked exceptional from about the age of 16 (he played for Southampton - my local mob). But he did resemble a primate even then.

Ince looks very good, but has not yet had quite the constant improvement years of Bale. I bet he regrets the Hull move as that hasn't worked out at all.

Great player Ince, he does need to cut the apron strings though or he'll end up playing for Bursledon Jubilees, if they're still going.

Is he better than what we have? Is he young enough to improve and have resale value?

I think the answer is yes.

Great player Ince, he does need to cut the apron strings though or he'll end up playing for Bursledon Jubilees, if they're still going.

Is he better than what we have? Is he young enough to improve and have resale value?

I think the answer is yes.

​Alas Colonel, the Bursledon Jubilees are I fear no more. At least, I have no mention of them in the Echo, nor the Romsey Advertiser (although that is the wrong side of town for Bursledon).

on topic - I tend to agree re Ince.

​Alas Colonel, the Bursledon Jubilees are I fear no more. At least, I have no mention of them in the Echo, nor the Romsey Advertiser (although that is the wrong side of town for Bursledon).

on topic - I tend to agree re Ince.

Aah, well bugger me up the jolly sailor, what a shame.

I don't see how we can lose buying Ince, he's Prem class and we will get our money back if it doesn't work out, especially with clubs being awash with cash with the new TV deal. Might even make a few bob on him.

Archived