Steven Gerrard

Alph

Don't tar me with same brush as Musch.  I haven't said once that he's an average player.  I just said he's not an all time great.  Very, very good at his peak but not one of the all time greats...

I totally agree, so get the tar ready...

a decent player, in his day, his day was 15 years ago and certainly not one of the "all time greats" just another product of Sky Sports sucking up to the victims and bulling them all up to think he was. 

Kris Commons was better, so I hear. 

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
@MuespachRam

Keep your tar.  I couldn't care less if you agree with my post or not.  Just because you've been slighted by a couple scousers in the past you feel the need to constantly label them in less than glowing terms and disrespect the memory of 96 souls who lost their lives due to, proven, negligence by the people who were supposed to be protecting them.  We know you don't like them, now shut the f**k up...

@MuespachRam

Keep your tar.  I couldn't care less if you agree with my post or not.  Just because you've been slighted by a couple scousers in the past you feel the need to constantly label them in less than glowing terms and disrespect the memory of 96 souls who lost their lives due to, proven, negligence by the people who were supposed to be protecting them.  We know you don't like them, now shut the f**k up...

​I havent been slighted by any scouser at all, and who is disrespecting anyone, as i have said before on numerous occasions, i hate Liverpool, the main reason, is because when i was growing up (which you should try) they were the best team in the country, with the worst fans (that stopped us goign to Europe).....but i wouldn't disrespect the memeory of any of the 96, a lot of my friends were there that day and one didnt come back home, but hey, you know what i am thinking..

Just dont be so blinkered to think that their horrible fans werent partially to blame for that day......and please disregrd that they were totally to blame for the Juventus fans who never came home from Brussels.

David Beckham was total *****, good at free kicks and this country is obsessed with him, not long ago all the national newspapers and BBC were drawling over his "40th" birthday, oh god I lost the will to live, Gerrard was honest, played his entire career playing for the club he supported, and would rather have him in my eleven than that vain *****.

David Beckham was total *****, good at free kicks and this country is obsessed with him, not long ago all the national newspapers and BBC were drawling over his "40th" birthday, oh god I lost the will to live, Gerrard was honest, played his entire career playing for the club he supported, and would rather have him in my eleven than that vain *****.

​Just so we are all completely aware, Stevie G has NOT played his entire career for the same team, he has let his contract run down and got a massive offer to go and play abroad, completely and utterly for the money....and because his "home team" the club where he is a "legend" etc etc didnt want him.

Pele feels Steven Gerrard has been the world's best player over the past five years.

Brazilian legend Pele feels Steven Gerrard has been the world's best player over the past five years.

Gerrard has proved to be the heartbeat of the Liverpool side in recent seasons and has played an instrumental role in the club's success.

He was a pivotal figure in last year's UEFA Champions League triumph and produced a two-goal salvo in the FA Cup final against West Ham United in May.

His exploits have also seen Gerrard finish third in the 2005 European Footballer of the Year poll and pick up the PFA Player of the Year accolade.

The Reds skipper is also expected to have a decisive say in how England fare at the upcoming World Cup in Germany.

The powerhouse midfielder will head into the tournament with Pele's praise ringing in his ears, following a glowing tribute from the three-time World Cup winner.

Pele believes that Gerrard does not receive the recognition he deserves because he is a midfielder, rather than a forward.

"The fans, they look only for forwards, always a forward," Pele told Sky Sports News. "Somebody who scores.

"Sometimes you have a player like Gerrard.

"For me, for the last five years Gerrard has been the best player in the world.

"He is a midfielder, he plays very good. People didn't mention Gerrard, now they mention Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Messi because they are forwards."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/2379622/pele-gerrards-the-best

Pele also said that el hadj Diouf is one of the best players ever.

Never have like the scousers anyway. The way that their fans were all portayed as being victims was cringe worty. Yes Hillsborough was a disaster and I feel upset for the families of the 96 but they never mention what the Liverpool fans did to the Juventus fans. 

​I havent been slighted by any scouser at all, and who is disrespecting anyone, as i have said before on numerous occasions, i hate Liverpool, the main reason, is because when i was growing up (which you should try) they were the best team in the country, with the worst fans (that stopped us goign to Europe).....but i wouldn't disrespect the memeory of any of the 96, a lot of my friends were there that day and one didnt come back home, but hey, you know what i am thinking..

Just dont be so blinkered to think that their horrible fans werent partially to blame for that day......and please disregrd that they were totally to blame for the Juventus fans who never came home from Brussels.

​Of course you're disrespecting Liverpool fans by calling them The Victims all the time.  If you do know people who were there do you think they'd be happy with you referring to them in such a manner?  Also pretty childish to tar every one of their fans as hooligans for causing Hysel AND not acknowleding that their out-going captain was a pretty good player on his day.

​Of course you're disrespecting Liverpool fans by calling them The Victims all the time.  If you do know people who were there do you think they'd be happy with you referring to them in such a manner?  Also pretty childish to tar every one of their fans as hooligans for causing Hysel AND not acknowleding that their out-going captain was a pretty good player on his day.

​I have said he was a decent enough player, on his day, but his day was 15 years ago....and nowhere near worth the amount of fuss been thrown upon him by Sky Sports and those legendary scouse fans that is for sure.

As for calling them the victims..... they wont even take responsibility for murdering 39 Juventus fans.....

​I have said he was a decent enough player, on his day, but his day was 15 years ago....and nowhere near worth the amount of fuss been thrown upon him by Sky Sports and those legendary scouse fans that is for sure.

As for calling them the victims..... they wont even take responsibility for murdering 39 Juventus fans.....

​How does someone "take responsibility" for something done by a group?

Never have like the scousers anyway. The way that their fans were all portayed as being victims was cringe worty. Yes Hillsborough was a disaster and I feel upset for the families of the 96 but they never mention what the Liverpool fans did to the Juventus fans. 

​That is a very disrespectful statement. The reason it has dragged on so long was because of the whole police denial, the media blamed it on 'fan hooliganism' and even Thatcher blamed the fans, there have been huge inquests that are still going on today and a lot of Liverpool fans feel it has been a huge injustice to them when they were blamed for there horrific and brutal deaths when it was the failings of the police that did. 

Archived