Steven Gerrard

Alph

​That is a very disrespectful statement. The reason it has dragged on so long was because of the whole police denial, the media blamed it on 'fan hooliganism' and even Thatcher blamed the fans, there have been huge inquests that are still going on today and a lot of Liverpool fans feel it has been a huge injustice to them when they were blamed for there horrific and brutal deaths when it was the failings of the police that did. 

​I said I feel sorry for the families of the 96 but the way that every single Liverpool fan(those who didn't even have relatives or fans who died in the tragedy)make out that they are victims is horrible. They aren't taking responsbility for the disaster involving the Juve fans.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​I said I feel sorry for the families of the 96 but the way that every single Liverpool fan(those who didn't even have relatives or fans who died in the tragedy)make out that they are victims is horrible. They aren't taking responsbility for the disaster involving the Juve fans.

That's simply not true as I have Liverpool fan mates who don't consider themselves to be victims at all. I don't expect them either to take responsibility for the actions of a monitory of fans. 

​Please stop it. You're literally just repeating what other people have said

the only good thing came out of stadia disasters are stadiums are far more family orientated, I have no fear in taking the kids down to watch the rammies, I remember when we were at the BBG that derby fans used to congregate around the bus station and were very intimidating for fans coming into derby via the bus station. I miss standing on the pop but would never go back.

​That is a very disrespectful statement. The reason it has dragged on so long was because of the whole police denial, the media blamed it on 'fan hooliganism' and even Thatcher blamed the fans, there have been huge inquests that are still going on today and a lot of Liverpool fans feel it has been a huge injustice to them when they were blamed for there horrific and brutal deaths when it was the failings of the police that did. 

I must admit that it posses me off a bit that it is suddenly 100% the polices fault. Like the Liverpool fans had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

I think it may have started out as a mission to get the police to admit their wrong doings and take some responsibility, but the accusers couldn't have been faultless in the incident. And after enquiry after enquiry, it seems like the fans' portion of the responsibility has been completely filtered out. 

And suddenly that makes them seem squeaky clean, like they don't have to take responsibility for anything, whereas, for a long period of time, they were some of the most orrible fans in history. 

I must admit that it posses me off a bit that it is suddenly 100% the polices fault. Like the Liverpool fans had absolutely nothing to do with it. 

I think it may have started out as a mission to get the police to admit their wrong doings and take some responsibility, but the accusers couldn't have been faultless in the incident. And after enquiry after enquiry, it seems like the fans' portion of the responsibility has been completely filtered out. 

And suddenly that makes them seem squeaky clean, like they don't have to take responsibility for anything, whereas, for a long period of time, they were some of the most orrible fans in history. 

​exaxctly 100% perfectly put.

Archived