Sensible bids for Rams players

​No he came on as sub against Germany because Glen Whelan got booked. What are Hendrick's strengths? Apart from disappearing. He is good when he plays well but isn't every player but awful when we need him most.

You really need to take his age into account. Look at the valuations of players in the modern game. Why do you want to undervalue them? West Brom haggled £2m odd out of us for Thorne. He'd barely featured for them. The markets changed, and IMO Jeff is easily worth £2m

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You really need to take his age into account. Look at the valuations of players in the modern game. Why do you want to undervalue them? West Brom haggled £2m odd out of us for Thorne. He'd barely featured for them. The markets changed, and IMO Jeff is easily worth £2m

​But who would want Hendrick? I can't imagine that any premier league club would want him

​But who would want Hendrick? I can't imagine that any premier league club would want him

He's been linked with them before, Norwich if I remember rightly when they were in the Prem, before he signed his new deal. I also remember Watford enquiring about Jeff last summer. Maybe they will rekindle their interest? 

This, amongst other threads, has made me question whether I'd rather have Will Hughes or £10m to spend on a whole new squad.

He's the kind of player you could build your entire squad around, and does either McLaren or his replacement(?) really know how to spend that kind of money and not completely disrupt any sense of the team unity we have left.

I really hope WH stays and we make him our 'Gerrard'.

After this season tho, I wouldn't blame him if he wanted away.

​I don't understand anyone who wants to "cash in" on players like Hughes and Hendrick. I want to see players developed by our academy play for our club for as long as possible, provided they're good enough. I would not sell those players for any amount of money unless they wanted to go.

We will probably have to pay someone to get the fish out of PP

​I'll get my rod. Anyone got any maggots?

If i were Macca (or Dyche or Ince or Big Sam A or Warburton, etc) I would take the following offers on the players in excess of:

Granty 500k

Christie 1M

Forsyth 800k

Keogh 1M

Bucko 750k

Shotton 350k

Albentosa 600k

Whitbread free

Warnock 150k

Hughes 10M

Bryson 750k

Hendrick 1.5M

Dawkins 500k

Ward 250k

Russell 1M

Martin Not for sale........

Sammon free

U21's i've left out of the equation

Thoughts????

​thoughts: you are selling our squad on the cheap! maybe i overrate our players but some of those figures concern me. I may get questioned but the ones i disagree with are the following:

Grant i'ld price at double your suggestion. 1m hes a great keeper at this level and only since we have hit bad form hes struggled. i wouldnt sell him in truth.

Keogh: i genuinely think we could get more then 1m. double that to 2m. Hes Well liked by managers and players hense getting in the PFA team so i think there would be interest. ild happily sell too because he can be a calamity at times.

albentosa- give this guy time to adjust, dont know why people have shot him down so early i think he could be a great player, he has rave reviews from the spanish prem. Therefore i wouldnt put a 600k price tag on him just yet

Bryson- 750k. No way. i know hes had a poor season but over the years especially last season he was unplayable. When he renewed his contract i was buzzing. Price Tag looking at 3m

Hendrick 1.5m- dear o dear. my friends who are not rams fans often say hes the one player they'll take, some insist that there's all this hype about hughes but they think hendrick is a more complete player. (stronger scores more goals etc) therefore with him still being quite young before i even listened to the bidding it would have to start at 4m.

Ward 250k- is this a joke? you have dawkins worth twice as much? come on mate have a think. Ward for me is one of our most dangerous players and the start of this season before getting injured he was tearing full back apart. The only reasons he wont be worth loads is because hes very injury prone and hes not a spring chicken. But still at least 1m for me.

The rest on your list are reasonably priced but the only ones off that list ild probably look to sell are: keogh, christie, shotton, warnock and sammon.    

Hughes  also i would also sell but purely for the money we could do with strengthening other areas but nothing less then 8m should even be considered.

I personally think you've undervalued most of them massively. The majority of them signed long term deals at the start of the season which would increase their price and if you compare the values you've given them to the amounts teams received for similar players who've moved this season you're miles off

If i were Macca (or Dyche or Ince or Big Sam A or Warburton, etc) I would take the following offers on the players in excess of:

Granty 500k

Christie 1M

Forsyth 800k

Keogh 1M

Bucko 750k

Shotton 350k

Albentosa 600k

Whitbread free

Warnock 150k

Hughes 10M

Bryson 750k

Hendrick 1.5M

Dawkins 500k

Ward 250k

Russell 1M

Martin Not for sale........

Sammon free

U21's i've left out of the equation

Thoughts????

It's amazing how poor we are, considering our positioning in the league over the past two seasons. 

If I was Chris Powell at Huddersfield now and saw Jake Buxton available for 750k I would break both my arms to get that deal done. 

Not to mention Russell and Keogh at £2m, Ward at 250k and Grant at 500k. 

£3.5m for five players that have played a pretty big part in the last two promotion races - he'd be a fool not to. 

On the other hand, we could spend nearly double that on trying to land his frontman - Nahki Wells - who scored 11 goals this season. ​

It's amazing how poor we are, considering our positioning in the league over the past two seasons. 

If I was Chris Powell at Huddersfield now and saw Jake Buxton available for 750k I would break both my arms to get that deal done. 

Not to mention Russell and Keogh at £2m, Ward at 250k and Grant at 500k. 

£3.5m for five players that have played a pretty big part in the last two promotion races - he'd be a fool not to. 

On the other hand, we could spend nearly double that on trying to land his frontman - Nahki Wells - who scored 11 goals this season. ​

Errm Grant I wouldn't give a brass washer for him.

Errm Grant I wouldn't give a brass washer for him.

​Grant's been out of form for three months - before that people were talking him up as one of the our best players this season. 

No keeper has kept more clean sheets than him in the Championship over the past two seasons. 

Archived