Your defence for Reading?

ChaddesdenRam

With the injuries in midfield that picks itself. Hendrick holding then Dawkins and Hughes in front. 

In defence the options are:

Shotton, Keogh, Christie, Forsyth, Rawson, Albentosa, Warnock, Hanson

Personally I would go:

Grant

Shotton Keogh Albentosa Forsyth

Maybe Warnock for experience but even he hasn't handled the previous occasions very well. 

What does everyone think? I just can't escape the feeling we will concede. Not simply because the defence aren't playing that well but Reading are a physical side and and the midfield protection of Hendrick, Dawkins and Hughes is not solid at all. 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be happy to see Rawson or Albentosa starting alongside Keogh. 

Shotton on the right as Christie just hasn't got the confidence for a high pressure game like this, although I think he's a better player. 

Forsyth on the left as he's a better defender than Warnock by a country mile. 

I'm not going to judge any defence that is starting as they all are very capable of doing well. They need a clean sheet heading into the play offs though - I think that goes without saying! 

I would be happy to see Rawson or Albentosa starting alongside Keogh. 

Shotton on the right as Christie just hasn't got the confidence for a high pressure game like this, although I think he's a better player. 

Forsyth on the left as he's a better defender than Warnock by a country mile. 

I'm not going to judge any defence that is starting as they all are very capable of doing well. They need a clean sheet heading into the play offs though - I think that goes without saying! 

Rawson noooooooooo not yet.  

Has to be Albentosa. 

I hope we go back to our best line up....

Christie, Keogh, Albemtosa, Forsyth

Warnock is no way better than Forsyth . Offers very little going forward, and is slow and not our future left back for next season.

so Forsyth hits the odd bad pass.....we need to stick to what wr do well and keep trying. We have fans who moan at keogh's distribution as he goes forward then "only" passes to a team mate. We need to accept minor mistakes.....they are outweighed by the benefit of having players passing ambitious passes. Forsyth suffers from.not having Martin tonolay ball into. We have tried moving players about to zero effect. Christie on form is required fornour home play off game...so give him the match this Saturday. Albentosa is either going to play and be a rock for us in the playfor offs....or he will likely not play for us again.He can defend ..just mcclaren does not want him on the left of a back two.

I think Shotton will be prefered over Raul, but I would like to see an angry Raul step in and show us what he is capable of

Christie Buxton Keogh  Forsyth

Thorne

:unsure:

Buxton  and Thorne are injured and not ready Simmo has already counted them out for Reading game. 

I think the defence that Mac picks for this game has to be the one that starts in the playoffs (barring a shambolic defensive performance or horrible result). We need a least a little bit of consistency going into a season defining game in my opinion. Anyway, I'd go: 

Grant

Shotton, Keogh, Albentosa, Forsyth.

....................................Grant.....................................

Christie.................Keogh..........Rawson.............Forsyth

................................   Hughes..................................

..............Hendrick...........................Dawkins....................

Ince............................Martin............................Russell

Controversial I know but Hughes doesn't score so we wont miss his goals. He is technically our best player at receiving the ball in tight positions retaining it and finding his man. He can tackle & I cant see why he shouldn't be able to play defensive midfield. Dawkins & Hendrick will both have to step us a lot from the Millwall game but having Chris Martin helps us with possession higher up the pitch. 

Subs: Roos - Ward - Lingard - Albentosa - Warnock - Shotton - Bent

This assumes Buxton Bryson etc wont make it.

....................................Grant.....................................

Christie.................Keogh..........Rawson.............Forsyth

................................   Hughes..................................

..............Hendrick...........................Dawkins....................

Ince............................Martin............................Russell

Controversial I know but Hughes doesn't score so we wont miss his goals. He is technically our best player at receiving the ball in tight positions retaining it and finding his man. He can tackle & I cant see why he shouldn't be able to play defensive midfield. Dawkins & Hendrick will both have to step us a lot from the Millwall game but having Chris Martin helps us with possession higher up the pitch. 

Subs: Roos - Ward - Lingard - Albentosa - Warnock - Shotton - Bent

This assumes Buxton Bryson etc wont make it.

​Darren Bent has scored something like 9 goals in 11 games at home?

Archived