Twitter and Footballers

Nuwtfly

A lot has been said about the effect of tweets towards Derby players this season, as to whether they take any notice or whether it means anything to them. (Keogh being the main example)

Had a quick look at some of Raul Albentosa's favourites earlier, and they make for pretty sad reading. Worth having a look if you haven't. (@RAlbentosa)

Whoever thinks footballers are immune to the abuse they get online might have to have a rethink. 

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why have a sausageter account. The world is full of ediots and twitter gives them a platform to spew their crap. 

Yeah....who's that daveo geezer commenting on Albentosa's non-selection? 

Twitter also does a hell of a lot of good when there are mainstream media blackouts. 

Twitter is full of a lot of ****, but it also holds people accountable. Paedophile cover ups in Westminster and the Royal family are massive examples of this. 

When the BBC refuses to report, which it often does when its masters say so, social media comes into its own. 

I don't agree with anyone attacking our own players but it's a free country.Some of the tweets to Mrs Keogh were unforgivable and embarrassing for the club . And as far as twitter is full of twits well there are some but it all depends on who you follow. Personally I prefer it to facebook as that's just full of gossip I have no interest in, so I'm not on that. I follow people and things that interest me whether it's football music or news. It's information to me in the quickest time, as it happens. 

If it's full of idiots, you follow the wrong people. 

Although, I do follow @Daveo and @Boycie :ph34r::D

I'm pretty sure he doesn't soeak English does he? So he is more than likely just searching his name and favouriting them all for a bit of crowd interaction. 

Dont think any footballer is stupid enough to take anything said on social media to heart. Even if he did, he can just go buy himself something worth what you earn in a year to cheer himself up. 

I think fans think they are a bit too important sometimes. 

Sith Happens

I just hope the players realise that there is 30000 derby fans and the abuse will just be from a handful of people. Its probably glory hunters who decided to buy a season ticket this season expecting to see us walk the league and feel they need to vent their anger at not getting their value for money against the only people they can, the players.

Same as those who boo.

I came off twitter a couple of months back after realising i had better things to do with my life than argue with ****** who think abusing footballers is the best way to make them play better.

​Why can't you use the word m o r o n s

Archived