Twitter and Footballers

Nuwtfly

Remember that guy who raised a small fortune for charity before he died?

Remember when he didn't die when he was expected to and he got abuse for it. People saying he was making out it was worse than it was? 

Twitter gives a voice to people's thoughts. And people are *****. Society is full of *****. It's all that polite front where we all pretend to be good God fearing people. Really we're out for ourselves. All the fake well wishing and community ******. Nobody saying boo to each other. 

Then get them safe. 

Behind a keyboard, steering wheel, on the end of a phone, in large groups. Start seeing what people are really like. 

Twitter is a wonderful mix of those so far up their own ****they think folk care what colour their **** was. Those who care what colour another person's **** was. Those sat in bedrooms beating up the world with CAPS lock. And the odd decent human just there to communicate. 

My missus used it to complain to a shop the other week. She complained when we left the shop. She complained in the car. She complained at home and then she complained on twitter.

I asked "why didn't you complain in the shop"

"Didn't really think about it then"

Allow me to translate.

"I'm too busy pretending to be a lovely person but when I got home and was a faceless mask behind a keyboard I started saying what I thought"

Im not one of those "I say what I think and don't care" types in person. So I'm not online either. If I piss someone off and they let me know I'm usually happy to apologise. I don't like falling out with people and I don't 'kick off' often in public. So I behave online.

What's wrong with people?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember that guy who raised a small fortune for charity before he died?

Remember when he didn't die when he was expected to and he got abuse for it. People saying he was making out it was worse than it was? 

Twitter gives a voice to people's thoughts. And people are *****. Society is full of *****. It's all that polite front where we all pretend to be good God fearing people. Really we're out for ourselves. All the fake well wishing and community ******. Nobody saying boo to each other. 

Then get them safe. 

Behind a keyboard, steering wheel, on the end of a phone, in large groups. Start seeing what people are really like. 

Twitter is a wonderful mix of those so far up their own ****they think folk care what colour their **** was. Those who care what colour another person's **** was. Those sat in bedrooms beating up the world with CAPS lock. And the odd decent human just there to communicate. 

My missus used it to complain to a shop the other week. She complained when we left the shop. She complained in the car. She complained at home and then she complained on twitter.

I asked "why didn't you complain in the shop"

"Didn't really think about it then"

Allow me to translate.

"I'm too busy pretending to be a lovely person but when I got home and was a faceless mask behind a keyboard I started saying what I thought"

Im not one of those "I say what I think and don't care" types in person. So I'm not online either. If I piss someone off and they let me know I'm usually happy to apologise. I don't like falling out with people and I don't 'kick off' often in public. So I behave online.

What's wrong with people?

Spot on pal. My missus does that too. Although she gets on the phone and rants to everyone in her phone book.

Archived