lets send the lads to wembley

B4ev6is

I personal believe the lads can send us all there once again. The road getting there shall not be easy. But I believe if all of us really get behind the lads I think the passion being shown from the stands I think will be enough to get us back were belong. And if steve mclean is to leave lets send him away with blaze of glory. Lets make the lads have faith in them selfs again lets really have a sea of black and white.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can see it all now. We get there, we are thoroughly outplayed first half and go in 4 nil down. The team are booed off the pitch, surprisingly. A number of players decide that they should try to leave the stadium there and then, but a speech from Martin ignites the players, as he reminds them of what football and the Rams mean to so many, and in particular B4. The players huddle together - they think of their friend Bucko - and after a symbolic cup of coffee, they go out, pull it back to 4-4 before the new Pele (Dawkins) calmly slots home a penalty in the last minute of injury time. The crowd go mad, and as the celebrations begin Steve McLean slips away, next seen flying over the Wembley perimeter fence on his Triumph and heads north towards the border where he has a planned meet-up with Mike Cashley.  Roll the credits.....

I see schteve picking a team with christie, shotton, keogh and hendrick at right back, albentosa, whitbread and bucko at centre back, forsyth and warnock at left back. With martin up front. In a new 9-0-1 formation.

unfortunately we find ourselves 3-1 down at half time after a series of defensive errors.

in the second half we reverse it.

just play martin at the back, and the other nine up front.

suddenly we look a lot more solid at the back.

my fantasy hasn't ended yet but at least we are back in the game. 

Anyone at all, we will beat any of them... personally i would prefer to wipe the smug little smile off Eddie "everyone is against us but we are just a cute small club battling against the big clubs" Howes face...

​I thought it was Eddie "The greatest manager and all round human being of the last decade" Howe?

​thats the title of his autobiography.... with a sub title "Forgetting when i went to Preston for massive money and made a complete f in mess of it"

​On the inside of the page it says "The story of my two average years at Burnley where I achieved nothing"

Archived