Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Newcastle is a big club, great fans, lots of potential. There's some good players here and I think they can achieve more etc etc.  - notice how in that I didn't say 'I always wanted to come to Newcastle'. It's actually quite easy to construct a sentence without uttering the words 'I always wanted to come to Newcastle'. I don't seem to remember him saying he always wanted to come to Derby when he came here and if this is something incoming managers must say then it's news to me.

2. According to him

4. I never said he owes us anything. Certainly not contractually. Maybe he owes us some respect - do you not think that? I would simply have an opinion about a man who convinced his own players to stay, then buggers off the first chance he gets and then....  (blah blah blah everyone's been over this before) ....and then whether by design or by accident, to rub salt in the wound,  as a parting gift he (perhaps) goes and signs Tom Ince for Newcastle when if it wasn't for his failings he could well have been signing Ince for Derby in the Premier League. 

Regarding 'perhaps'- well has Tom Ince signed for Newcastle then? What's wrong with perhaps? I have no idea if McClaren is signing Ince but we are talking about the potentiality of this happening are we not?

You say he owes us respect - Of course, everyone owes everyone respect. What I fail to see is how anything he's done (especially regarding Ince) is disrespectful. 

I should have been clearer. It wasn't the perhaps. It was the wants to scupper our transfer record. Not that he wants to sign Ince, but that he wants to scupper our transfer record. They might come hand in hand but they aren't the same thing. I just thought it was a strange choice after you had dismissed my previous post about spite.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You say he owes us respect - Of course, everyone owes everyone respect. What I fail to see is how anything he's done (especially regarding Ince) is disrespectful. 

I should have been clearer. It wasn't the perhaps. It was the wants to scupper our transfer record. Not that he wants to sign Ince, but that he wants to scupper our transfer record. They might come hand in hand but they aren't the same thing. I just thought it was a strange choice after you had dismissed my previous post about spite.

​He isn't going to have enough cash from fatty Ashley to spend 3 or 4 mil just to p*** us off!

I see. Well the primary motivation for signing Ince might not be to spite Derby. McClaren will have knowledge of the outcome however. It could hardly be seen as an unintended consequence.

If McClaren wants to sign Ince then he can sign Ince. Up to him. I wouldn't if I was him though. If you presented, say a young Cristiano Ronaldo to me then my levels of respect might be tested however. But this is Tom Ince.  

I don't see why you have such a problem with me thinking that Newcastle signing Ince would leave a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not some kid who cries every time we miss out on a transfer target. I just think it's a bit off. It's like your brother dating the ex-girlfriend you still love. Sure they can get together, but they're going to know that's going to sting you so perhaps they shouldn't. Especially if your brothers a ladies man and has plenty of other candidates. And if they do get together could they really begrudge you for not wanting to speak to them? Strange analogy perhaps but it's the first one that popped into my head.

I see. Well the primary motivation for signing Ince might not be to spite Derby. McClaren will have knowledge of the outcome however. It could hardly be seen as an unintended consequence.

If McClaren wants to sign Ince then he can sign Ince. Up to him. I wouldn't if I was him though. If you presented, say a young Cristiano Ronaldo to me then my levels of respect might be tested however. But this is Tom Ince.  

I don't see why you have such a problem with me thinking that Newcastle signing Ince would leave a sour taste in my mouth. I'm not some kid who cries every time we miss out on a transfer target. I just think it's a bit off. It's like your brother dating the ex-girlfriend you still love. Sure they can get together, but they're going to know that's going to sting you so perhaps they shouldn't. Especially if your brothers a ladies man and has plenty of other candidates. And if they do get together could they really begrudge you for not wanting to speak to them? Strange analogy perhaps but it's the first one that popped into my head.

​It's a necessary consequence, but I'd hope an unpleasant one. 

The quality of the player shouldn't matter. I would have thought you would agree with me on that.

Nice analogy, but it's not quite the same thing is it?

Imagine what Newcastle would be thinking if he decided not to sign him purely on basis that we would have missed out. His loyalty lies with them now and he has to do what he thinks is best for them,

​It's a necessary consequence, but I'd hope an unpleasant one. 

The quality of the player shouldn't matter. I would have thought you would agree with me on that.

Nice analogy, but it's not quite the same thing is it?

Imagine what Newcastle would be thinking if he decided not to sign him purely on basis that we would have missed out. His loyalty lies with them now and he has to do what he thinks is best for them,

The quality of the player shouldn't matter certainly, but being as we're essentially talking about ethics the greater a reward there is for doing something somebody might consider unethical then the likelier it is it'll happen. I'm more likely to commit murder for £10 million than I am for a tenner for instance. And I just don't see Tom Ince being so integral to Newcastles plans that McClaren could justifiably hijack the deal without knowing full well it'd leave a sour taste in a lot of Derby supporters mouths.

If he was signing Ronaldo I'd understand, I just don't think it's necessary with Ince. Not signing Ronaldo in such circumstances would be akin to a striker deliberately missing so as not to score against a former team. This possible signing however I do not see as being essential to Newcastle. If it happens it'll pretty much be the first thing he does as their manager. 

Ince won't care, Newcastle won't care and the rest of the footballing world won't care. But if this happens for many Derby fans Steve McClaren will be the bloke who almost got Derby promoted in one season, cocked promotion up the following season, got his wish to go to Newcastle and then whether intentional or not, to rub salt in the wound, the first thing he did at Newcastle was to scupper our chance of making our record signing. 

PistoldPete2

Why does a thread about Tom ince get diverted into discussions about joey Barton, Steve mcclaren , Uncle Tom Cobley and all? Maybe cos there's nothing else to discuss whilst ince is on his holidays. Commeon Incey, come back from Ibiza or wherever and sign on the dotted  line. 

PistoldPete2

I'm getting impatient this deal needs to happen now 

I'm always impatient. Deal needs to happen soon I think but could me another game of thornes saga. 

1. Newcastle is a big club, great fans, lots of potential. There's some good players here and I think they can achieve more etc etc.  - notice how in that I didn't say 'I always wanted to come to Newcastle'. It's actually quite easy to construct a sentence without uttering the words 'I always wanted to come to Newcastle'. I don't seem to remember him saying he always wanted to come to Derby when he came here and if this is something incoming managers must say then it's news to me.

2. According to him

4. I never said he owes us anything. Certainly not contractually. Maybe he owes us some respect - do you not think that? I would simply have an opinion about a man who convinced his own players to stay, then buggers off the first chance he gets and then....  (blah blah blah everyone's been over this before) ....and then whether by design or by accident, to rub salt in the wound,  as a parting gift he (perhaps) goes and signs Tom Ince for Newcastle when if it wasn't for his failings he could well have been signing Ince for Derby in the Premier League. 

Regarding 'perhaps'- well has Tom Ince signed for Newcastle then? What's wrong with perhaps? I have no idea if McClaren is signing Ince but we are talking about the potentiality of this happening are we not?

Actually he did say something along the lines of "I always sort of knew I'd come back here one day". Which just proves even further you can't believe a word he ever says.

Either he's a liar or he's easily led astray. Or both. Either way doesn't reflect well on him. He thinks he's made of Teflon and nothing sticks but it follows him everywhere he goes and stinks up every job he takes. Newcastle will be the same, he'll do well for them but then his ego will get the best of him and mistakes start slipping in. Even at Boro he left at a time when fans were invading the pitch to throw their season tickets at him. He's the real bottler, make no mistake.

Actually he did say something along the lines of "I always sort of knew I'd come back here one day". Which just proves even further you can't believe a word he ever says.

Either he's a liar or he's easily led astray. Or both. Either way doesn't reflect well on him. He thinks he's made of Teflon and nothing sticks but it follows him everywhere he goes and stinks up every job he takes. Newcastle will be the same, he'll do well for them but then his ego will get the best of him and mistakes start slipping in. Even at Boro he left at a time when fans were invading the pitch to throw their season tickets at him. He's the real bottler, make no mistake.

Let it go Tombo. He's not worth it. He's a slag.

who was it on here that said -- when we got him in -- that Steve shows a nice face to the media and the fans, but is actually hated by players for his style? 

Best thing about Ince is that even if he signs at the last minute, he already knows how to fit in at Derby. If I were him I would hang on for an offer from a Premiership Club to come in, with the extra money. if that does not pan out then I would move to Derby and have a clause in my contract saying that I could go if a big offer came in. He was not born in Derby, he wants to play for England so why not look after himself like every other player?. If he comes to Derby he will probably contribute to us getting promotion and make a name for himself but will still be unproven in the Premiership at that point.

As much as I hope this is the case, I just can't seem him choosing to come.

God I hope I'm wrong.

He chose to leave Liverpool for Blackpool in order to play more football.

He (supposedly) turned down Inter for Hull in order to play more football.

It wouldn't surprise me if he chose us over Newcastle, that is if Newcastle are even after him. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if he chose Newcastle over us either.

Archived