Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Hull loaned out Ince to us, he was not getting in the Hull team, recently just flopped at Nottingham Forest and Hull knew that when he returned he would only have a year remaining on his contract.

The clause will certainly have been for derby to sign Ince if we went up, in fact I believe it was just that. Hull sent Ince to us when we are top and probably believed that we were certain to go up, therefore agreed the clause to ensure they get some money for him, even if he had not performed well at derby.

Hull would have been thinking, right we can get rid of Ince here for at least what they bought him for (2.3m), and I don't believe it will be much more than that (3.5m maximum.)

When Hull loaned out Ince to us, he was not getting in the Hull team, recently just flopped at Nottingham Forest and Hull knew that when he returned he would only have a year remaining on his contract.

The clause will certainly have been for derby to sign Ince if we went up, in fact I believe it was just that. Hull sent Ince to us when we are top and probably believed that we were certain to go up, therefore agreed the clause to ensure they get some money for him, even if he had not performed well at derby.

Hull would have been thinking, right we can get rid of Ince here for at least what they bought him for (2.3m), and I don't believe it will be much more than that (3.5m maximum.)

You don't think there would be a few teams looking at Ince for just a couple of million? I say again, I'd have thought this clause would have only been to Hulls benefit if it was a substantial amount otherwise it would be in their interest to offer him around and start a bidding war. They paid 2.3 million after it went to tribunal. After Fulham and Blackburn have altered the market with their crazy signings Ince is worth more than £2.3 million based on his Blackpool form alone.

It's said to be more than our record transfer record fee, but less than the £6m fee quoted. 

I'm keen to see us get this snapped up before McClaren starts dropping hits at Newcastle, though. Let's just hope this one doesn't get injured like our last big signing! :lol:

You don't think there would be a few teams looking at Ince for just a couple of million? I say again, I'd have thought this clause would have only been to Hulls benefit if it was a substantial amount otherwise it would be in their interest to offer him around and start a bidding war. They paid 2.3 million after it went to tribunal. After Fulham and Blackburn have altered the market with their crazy signings Ince is worth more than £2.3 million based on his Blackpool form alone.

​As I say, when they sold him to us, he was not performing well, and after his stint with derby he proved he is absolutely worth more than 2.3 million.

But I still believe that the time that Hull sold him, they would have been looking for guaranteed money for someone who they didn't believe was capable.

It was only once he started scoring that Bruce was saying that he had a future at Hull, and now this clause seems to have been activated, Hull are trying to get more for their money, simply because of how he performed and the fact that we didn't fully activate the clause by getting promoted

It's said to be more than our record transfer record fee, but less than the £6m fee quoted. 

I'm keen to see us get this snapped up before McClaren starts dropping hits at Newcastle, though. Let's just hope this one doesn't get injured like our last big signing! :lol:

​Where has this been quoted? Do you have a link?

Claude Davis was 3 million, and I do not think that Ince will be much more than that, 3.5 max 

Claude Davis was 3 million, and I do not think that Ince will be much more than that, 3.5 max 

DERBY County will have to break their club record transfer fee paid for a player in order to land Tom Ince from Hull City.

The most the Rams have spent on an individual signing is currently £3.5m for striker Robert Earnshaw, who arrived from Norwich City in June 2007.

Derby want to bring Ince to the iPro Stadium on a permanent basis following an impressive loan spell last season.

They are understood to be willing to exercise a buy-out clause that was included in the loan deal.

Reports in the national newspapers suggest the fee will be £6m.

That it thought to be higher than the figure set but it is believed to exceed the amount paid for Earnshaw.

Ince scored 11 goals in 18 appearances during his time at Derby in 2014-15.

The 23-year-old also collected the Rams' young player of the year award.

He found his chances limited at Hull last term but manager Steve Bruce is keen to hang on to the forward following relegation from the Premier League.

Ince, son of former England midfielder Paul, has 12 months left on his current contract, having joined the Tigers when his contract with Blackpool expired last summer.

New Rams chairman Mel Morris has said that head coach Paul Clement will have funds available to strengthen his squad ahead of the 2015-16 season.

Derby have already recruited striker Darren Bent and defender Alex Pearce on free transfers.

And they are also closing in on Aston Villa forward Andreas Weimann.

​It's on DET site.

PistoldPete2

Still think the best signings w can make this summer are martin and Thorne. Get these two fit for the Start of the season and it will be like signing two new players after the debacle of the end of last season. 

Still think the best signings w can make this summer are martin and Thorne. Get these two fit for the Start of the season and it will be like signing two new players after the debacle of the end of last season. 

​Must get another , proper D/M , its imperative , IMO .

​Must get another , proper D/M , its imperative , IMO .

​We got Thorne/Eustace (heard he agreed the deal but who knows it might change though)  so what the point of getting another one?

​As I say, when they sold him to us, he was not performing well, and after his stint with derby he proved he is absolutely worth more than 2.3 million.

But I still believe that the time that Hull sold him, they would have been looking for guaranteed money for someone who they didn't believe was capable.

It was only once he started scoring that Bruce was saying that he had a future at Hull, and now this clause seems to have been activated, Hull are trying to get more for their money, simply because of how he performed and the fact that we didn't fully activate the clause by getting promoted

If Hull have any business sense then they would have factored in him potentially performing well with us. I'd imagine there would be more than us sniffing around if all Hull wanted to do was make their money back and sell him for a couple of million. If he performs with us then the highest bidder wins. If he doesn't perform well what difference does it make? It's not like we have to buy him just because of this clause.

This clause only makes sense from Hulls point of view if the agreed amount is a sizeable one. Maybe not £6 million or perhaps £6 million in instalments, but Hull would be mad to just insert a clause just to make their money back when there was potentially a profit to be made. For me, everything pointed towards this being a biggish fee the moment a clause was mentioned. 

Archived