Signed: Tom Ince

North_Stand_Ram

Tom Ince prediction   

206 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Thought I was alone in this - just totally bored by it all.  It will happen - or it won't.

I really think a lot of people have got this totally out of proportion. 

Ince would be good - definitely. 

Ince is critical for next season - certainly not.

Just my 5 bob's worth.....

You obviously didn't partake in the George Thorne saga last summer then.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Still can't get worked up about this in truth.  I hope he signs as in this league he is proven, and I like his flair - there have not been many players at Derby over the last 5 years who have managed to get me off my arse (albeit temporarily). Comes down I think to his ambition and motivation now.

If there is a Prem team in for him, that might sway him but only I think if he knows he is likely to get game time.

Otherwise it is a no brainier to move to us, UNLESS it comes down to securing himself the best remuneration - and perhaps Sam ain't blinking.  

He has left his previous two clubs on expiry of contract, which provides him with the best opportunity to get a really good deals as a free agent.  He might still be inclined to see out his last 12 months at Hull, where even in the likely poor team they will have after a few more sales in the coming weeks he will be getting game time and therefore goal and shop window opportunities. Another 20+ goals for Hull this season would give him another chance of a big payday next June.

I guess we will find out in the next few days.  Come on Tom - prove you are motivated to be a Ram. And Sam don't make it easy for him buddy.

Fair one. Can never get too excited until any player has actually signed as some are just using speculation to further their own cause.

However as soon as they pull on the glorious rams shirt all players will get our full support.

Situations like this start to become very tedious especially when journalists make vague comments and there is nothing coming from within the club.

We are Derby County and will move on with or without Master Ince.

Personally woukd like it to be with him in all fairness. 

they've probably only stopped taking bets because someone keeled my bit of ITK info. 

I don't want to reveal too much, because you never know, he might be a member in here and he'll get arsey with me. Also, Mel reads this stuff apparently, and he wanted to clamp down on leeks. 

But, on the other hand, it's a bit 7 degrees of Chinese whispers, so it's a tenuous ITK source at best. But it's a guy I had a random conversation with in a corridor, no idea who he is, who often chats with a guy, who often has dinner with several very high up people at the club. 

It could be toyal ******. But I look forward to seeing if it all comes true. 

And if it does, it would make the other bit of info he gave me very interesting. 

Mel not a big fan of the Welsh?

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/9902127/derby-boss-paul-clement-confirms-club-are-trying-to-sign-tom-ince

Derby County manager Paul Clement says the club are determined sign Hull winger Tom Ince this summer and he suggested Burnley's Jason Shackell is also of interest.

Sky Sports reported on Wednesday that Ince, who thrived on loan at the Rams last season, was to hold talks with Hull over his future and that both Derby and their former manager Steve McClaren, now at Newcastle, are interested in his transfer.

Derby have so far signed Darren Bent from Aston Villa as well as Alex Pearce, Chris Baird, Scott Carson and young striker Shaquille McDonald from Cheltenham.

And Clement, who insists he is keen to keep adding quality to his squad, confirmed the clubs are in talks with Hull over Ince moving to the iPro Stadium.

"We've made five permanent additions so I think we are stronger already," Clement told Sky Sports News HQ.

"We are trying to do business as early as we can so I can get my ideas across to those players before the start of the season. We're not done yet and we are looking at doing some other things.

"Tom played very well whilst on loan here. He scored goals, was creative, and was very popular with the supporters. At the moment he is a Hull player but we would like to have him and the clubs are speaking.

"Jason is also another player who's played here previously but is also with another club so it's difficult to speak any further about that one."

Clement is a highly-regarded coach after his pedigree with Chelsea's academy and his three years as assistant manager to Carlo Ancelotti at Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid.

And he said: "Having worked with some of the best players in the world I can say that above all they are very professional.

"Almost without exception, the best players in the world are the hardest workers and we want that here. 

"It's not going to be easy but anything that's worthwhile you have to work for. It's a long season but we hope that with what we've got here we are going to challenge."

"young striker Shaquille McDonald from Cheltenham." Great work Sky, that was last season :lol:

Quite how they got Clement saying that Shackell played here before and is under contract at another club to mean he is interested is a bit of a leap.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/9902127/derby-boss-paul-clement-confirms-club-are-trying-to-sign-tom-ince

"young striker Shaquille McDonald from Cheltenham." Great work Sky, that was last season :lol:

Quite how they got Clement saying that Shackell played here before and is under contract at another club to mean he is interested is a bit of a leap.

Classic!

It says 5 permanent signings later in the article so they were obviously struggling to remember that the one they missed was Weimann!

Honestly cant believe how poor the sky knowledge outside the premiership can be!

Dyche, I always get a little excited when I see you're the most recent post in a transfer thread because you usually bring good news :lol:

Of course "leaving" doesn't mean Derby. 

Just playing Devil's advocate though, I've been pretty certain he'll be a Derby player for weeks now.

Just playing Devil's advocate though, I've been pretty certain he'll be a Derby player for weeks now.

Him leaving is good news regardless. Either he comes here and we have one of the best players in the league, or he goes to Newcastle/other Prem club and a promotion rival have lost one of their key players

Him leaving is good news regardless. Either he comes here and we have one of the best players in the league, or he goes to Newcastle/other Prem club and a promotion rival have lost one of their key players

Maybe he's going to Leeds :whistle:

No but other than lazy journalistic links to Newcastle, he hasn't really been linked to anyone other than Derby. I also don't think a PL club will get him for the same amount as we would due to the clause. We'll have to see but I'd say his club next season will be Hull or Derby.

Archived