Shaun Barker - Cleared

Dale The Ram

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sincerely hope he gets 15 mins or so at the Reading game to say goodbye to the fans.  Bearing in mind when he was injured the only thing holding the two sections of his leg to one another was his skin, to come back the way he has is pretty astonishing.

Barker's a fantastic bloke, but he only ever was a fairly average championship defender.

If Jamie Ward had Barker's awesome personality, I'm sure a lot on here would be convinced that Ward is one of the best players in his position in the Championship too.

Seeing as McClaren's not spoken to Barker for weeks and he's not included in any of the team stuff, the chances of him appearing in a Derby shirt again this season are somewhere below zero. Shame really, but it is what it is.

​He appeared in a Derby shirt last night - in the U21s.

Seeing as McClaren's not spoken to Barker for weeks and he's not included in any of the team stuff, the chances of him appearing in a Derby shirt again this season are somewhere below zero. Shame really, but it is what it is.

​According to?

​According to?

​Just sounds like trolling to me.

I notice that the Telegraph tonight are running a story that Bucko should be fit for the Reading game after back surgery. I thought that the usual resident ITK idiots well-informed posters were all trying to make out that he was being Cywka'd out of the club by McClaren.

​Just sounds like trolling to me.

I notice that the Telegraph tonight are running a story that Bucko should be fit for the Reading game after back surgery. I thought that the usual resident ITK idiots well-informed posters were all trying to make out that he was being Cywka'd out of the club by McClaren.

​Eddie do you EVER give anyone the benefit of the doubt that they might just know something you don't?

Do you even no who VulcanRam is or what he does? Its not some half arsed kid you're accusing of trolling, it's a grown professional man who I'm fairly sure has no need to post on a site like this for cheap trolling kicks.

FFS man give it a rest with your crusade.

The amount of insults you dish out I've got no idea how you're on here still , I've held my tongue for a while but you really do this place or yourself no favours at all.

​Eddie do you EVER give anyone the benefit of the doubt that they might just know something you don't?

Do you even no who VulcanRam is or what he does? Its not some half arsed kid you're accusing of trolling, it's a grown professional man who I'm fairly sure has no need to post on a site like this for cheap trolling kicks.

FFS man give it a rest with your crusade.

The amount of insults you dish out I've got no idea how you're on here still , I've held my tongue for a while but you really do this place or yourself no favours at all.

When all that is posted is unsubstantiated rumour - the sort of thing that a local paper, relying on selling papers to local people in order to make a profit would be all over if there was any element of truth in it - you bet I call it trolling, because it appears to be nothing more than mischief-making.

There is a continual daily vendetta consisting of anti-McClaren diatribes, usually insinuating that he is in the process of freezing players out, that he is definitely clearing off to <insert club here>, that he is falling out with players, that he has told Buxton that he has no future at the club, it's almost as though Nigel was back at the club. Remember him? I backed him all the time he was here - and now he has gone, I back the current manager.

That's the difference between me and you - your attitude to McClaren has stunk from day one, and it continues to stink now. That's why you will ALWAYS back anybody who posts ANYTHING that justifies your own twisted attitude to the club you profess to support, but which you continually work to undermine.

That's the difference between you and me - I unreservedly support Derby County, and not when it just suits me or I have a personal agenda.

Are you denying the Telegraph story that Bucko will soon be back - or don't you give THEM the benefit of the doubt because they don't fit your Nigellesque view of things?

If barker is fit why not give him a 12 month deal, maybe pay as you play.

It seems a bit silly to have waited all this time only to send him packing the moment he is fit.

When all that is posted is unsubstantiated rumour - the sort of thing that a local paper, relying on selling papers to local people in order to make a profit would be all over if there was any element of truth in it - you bet I call it trolling, because it appears to be nothing more than mischief-making.

There is a continual daily vendetta consisting of anti-McClaren diatribes, usually insinuating that he is in the process of freezing players out, that he is definitely clearing off to <insert club here>, that he is falling out with players, that he has told Buxton that he has no future at the club, it's almost as though Nigel was back at the club. Remember him? I backed him all the time he was here - and now he has gone, I back the current manager.

That's the difference between me and you - your attitude to McClaren has stunk from day one, and it continues to stink now. That's why you will ALWAYS back anybody who posts ANYTHING that justifies your own twisted attitude to the club you profess to support, but which you continually work to undermine.

That's the difference between you and me - I unreservedly support Derby County, and not when it just suits me or I have a personal agenda.

Are you denying the Telegraph story that Bucko will soon be back - or don't you give THEM the benefit of the doubt because they don't fit your Nigellesque view of things?

​Give over Eddie man, you're massively over analysing things. My attitude to McClaren hasn't stunk from day one, just every time I try to post anything it gets pulled apart. I bet if you go back and calmly read my posts you'll see me saying he's done a good job more often than I've criticised him.

Now if you ask me where my anger/nastiness was directed it was squarely at the feet of Rush, who I feel lied and conned me. He landed on his feet but he did and still does take too much credit for things when they were going well.

I've got nowt against McClaren at all, I just don't think he's been the genius everyone portrays him as, I realise that is a change of direction from me as being someone who defended Nige to the hilt, my own view is that we were on the cusp of taking off with Nige at the helm which would of course have been a dream come true for me.

When I now see the club lashing out (and wasting) millions more in fees and salaries than they ever did while Nige was in charge, I get a little bit frustrated again, why did Nige have to spend so long sorting the **** out if all they were going to do was throw money at it again in a years time. Remember the stick Nige got for signing old journeymen but McClaren gets away with signing Naylor? Remember the stick Nige got for "wasting" money on loan signings yet the Mac gets away with paying a fortune for Best and then not playing him....

Please try to see that from my point of view and don't get so angry and defensive every time I post.

I'm not denying any Telegraph story about Bucko, I don't think I even posted on the topic in the first place, I hope Bucko get's his place back, it would be criminal IF he has been or is frozen out, what I will say is that I've heard now from 3(THREE) different sources, a couple of them I would say are very credible, that Bucko wants to leave for some reason, that's not me trolling, that's just me saying what I've heard.

And by the way, fair enough if you want to have a go at me, but what's your excuse for jumping all over Vulcan, who I'd say has a chance of being better connected that either you or me due to what he does for a living. That's my only gripe with you, you fly off the handle and jump down anyone and everyones throat. You need to admit you're a grumpy and slighty aggressive son of a gun when you get on your high horse.

I'm pleased that you unreservedly support Derby County, yes I do remember you backed the last manager while he was here and I liked you much more then;-) but I never hid the fact that my connection to the club was built by the Clough's and was instilled in me by the Clough's you don't have to like that or accept it but that's the way it is. My "loyalty" was always to them first and the club second. it's why I was chose to stop supporting Forest after his dad left.

That doesn't mean I dont want Derby to do well or that I want McClaren to fail, far from it. However I didn't think McClaren was as good a manager as everyone else did, I saw him bottle it at Forest and totally lose the plot in front of the cameras during tough spells, I saw him quit job after job when the going got tough and I STILL see that in him now, any tom **** or harry can do things when stuff is going well, the sign of a proper manager for me is one who doesn't bottle it, who doesn't walk away when the going gets tough.

Sorry that I see it that way, that's nothing against the club or the supporters of Derby. i just can't get all doey eyed about a man who I don't think is a good as he's cracked up to be.

​Give over Eddie man, you're massively over analysing things. My attitude to McClaren hasn't stunk from day one, just every time I try to post anything it gets pulled apart. I bet if you go back and calmly read my posts you'll see me saying he's done a good job more often than I've criticised him.

Now if you ask me where my anger/nastiness was directed it was squarely at the feet of Rush, who I feel lied and conned me. He landed on his feet but he did and still does take too much credit for things when they were going well.

I've got nowt against McClaren at all, I just don't think he's been the genius everyone portrays him as, I realise that is a change of direction from me as being someone who defended Nige to the hilt, my own view is that we were on the cusp of taking off with Nige at the helm which would of course have been a dream come true for me.

When I now see the club lashing out (and wasting) millions more in fees and salaries than they ever did while Nige was in charge, I get a little bit frustrated again, why did Nige have to spend so long sorting the **** out if all they were going to do was throw money at it again in a years time. Remember the stick Nige got for signing old journeymen but McClaren gets away with signing Naylor? Remember the stick Nige got for "wasting" money on loan signings yet the Mac gets away with paying a fortune for Best and then not playing him....

Please try to see that from my point of view and don't get so angry and defensive every time I post.

I'm not denying any Telegraph story about Bucko, I don't think I even posted on the topic in the first place, I hope Bucko get's his place back, it would be criminal IF he has been or is frozen out, what I will say is that I've heard now from 3(THREE) different sources, a couple of them I would say are very credible, that Bucko wants to leave for some reason, that's not me trolling, that's just me saying what I've heard.

And by the way, fair enough if you want to have a go at me, but what's your excuse for jumping all over Vulcan, who I'd say has a chance of being better connected that either you or me due to what he does for a living. That's my only gripe with you, you fly off the handle and jump down anyone and everyones throat. You need to admit you're a grumpy and slighty aggressive son of a gun when you get on your high horse.

I'm pleased that you unreservedly support Derby County, yes I do remember you backed the last manager while he was here and I liked you much more then;-) but I never hid the fact that my connection to the club was built by the Clough's and was instilled in me by the Clough's you don't have to like that or accept it but that's the way it is. My "loyalty" was always to them first and the club second. it's why I was chose to stop supporting Forest after his dad left.

That doesn't mean I dont want Derby to do well or that I want McClaren to fail, far from it. However I didn't think McClaren was as good a manager as everyone else did, I saw him bottle it at Forest and totally lose the plot in front of the cameras during tough spells, I saw him quit job after job when the going got tough and I STILL see that in him now, any tom **** or harry can do things when stuff is going well, the sign of a proper manager for me is one who doesn't bottle it, who doesn't walk away when the going gets tough.

Sorry that I see it that way, that's nothing against the club or the supporters of Derby. i just can't get all doey eyed about a man who I don't think is a good as he's cracked up to be.

​I never get angry, Ronnie.

I do get exasperated with people who post unsubstantiated rumour as the truth - and when those people continue to do so, then I will call them out on it. Posting half-truths and innuendo is, in my mind, a no-no, and doing it in a way that gives people the impression that they are 'in the know' is the internet equivalent of a mortal sin.

Take the passage I have highlighted above. Seeing as you seem to be fond of my 'over-analysis', let's have a look at all McClaren's managerial jobs to see if he is really a man who 'walks away when the going gets tough'.

From 1995 until 1999, Steve was assistant manager/coach at Derby. Did he quit at Derby because it was getting 'too tough'? No, he joined Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant - quite a big step-up, I'm sure that you will agree. At the same time, he started doing some coaching work for England, becoming Sven Goran Eriksson's assistant. Upon leaving Manchester United, he was offered the Middlesbrough job, and took them to a European final. While at Middlesbrough he once more agreed to serve as SGE's assistant while Brian Kidd was ill. He eventually left Boro - because he was awarded the job which was the pinnacle of his profession - Manager of England, not because managing - or even managing expectations - at Middlesbrough was too tough, but because it was a job that you just don't turn down.

Euro 2008 was his first failure - but he didn't walk away from the job because it was too tough - he suffered the fate of pretty well every England manager since Walter Winterbottom - you pay the price of failure by being removed from your job by the FA.

From 2008 until 2010 he was at Twente, finishing second and first in the Dutch league, taking them through two (for them) successful European campaigns and on a personal note, being awarded the Dutch Manager of the Year award. He left, not because it was 'too tough', but because he wanted to test himself further. He was the first Englishman to manage in Germany, but he would be the first to admit he failed. However, he didn't walk out - he was sacked after 5 months in the job. The first club sacking of his career.

On to Forest, one instance where he walked away. I don't profess to know the reasons, but he lasted 10 games before resigning. He also resigned a year after his return to FC Twente following criticism of the style of football and protests from fans - pretty well hounded out. They were second when he resigned - and ended up sixth, a position they finished the following year, so that really worked out well.

He was asked to help out at QPR when Arry was having treatment on his brown paper bags or something, and joined them on a 3 month contract. QPR agreed to let him leave 2 weeks early to take over at Derby, not because the QPR job was 'too tough'.

I think you do the man a disservice.

​I never get angry, Ronnie.

I do get exasperated with people who post unsubstantiated rumour as the truth - and when those people continue to do so, then I will call them out on it. Posting half-truths and innuendo is, in my mind, a no-no, and doing it in a way that gives people the impression that they are 'in the know' is the internet equivalent of a mortal sin.

Take the passage I have highlighted above. Seeing as you seem to be fond of my 'over-analysis', let's have a look at all McClaren's managerial jobs to see if he is really a man who 'walks away when the going gets tough'.

From 1995 until 1999, Steve was assistant manager/coach at Derby. Did he quit at Derby because it was getting 'too tough'? No, he joined Manchester United as Sir Alex Ferguson's assistant - quite a big step-up, I'm sure that you will agree. At the same time, he started doing some coaching work for England, becoming Sven Goran Eriksson's assistant. Upon leaving Manchester United, he was offered the Middlesbrough job, and took them to a European final. While at Middlesbrough he once more agreed to serve as SGE's assistant while Brian Kidd was ill. He eventually left Boro - because he was awarded the job which was the pinnacle of his profession - Manager of England, not because managing - or even managing expectations - at Middlesbrough was too tough, but because it was a job that you just don't turn down.

Euro 2008 was his first failure - but he didn't walk away from the job because it was too tough - he suffered the fate of pretty well every England manager since Walter Winterbottom - you pay the price of failure by being removed from your job by the FA.

From 2008 until 2010 he was at Twente, finishing second and first in the Dutch league, taking them through two (for them) successful European campaigns and on a personal note, being awarded the Dutch Manager of the Year award. He left, not because it was 'too tough', but because he wanted to test himself further. He was the first Englishman to manage in Germany, but he would be the first to admit he failed. However, he didn't walk out - he was sacked after 5 months in the job. The first club sacking of his career.

On to Forest, one instance where he walked away. I don't profess to know the reasons, but he lasted 10 games before resigning. He also resigned a year after his return to FC Twente following criticism of the style of football and protests from fans - pretty well hounded out. They were second when he resigned - and ended up sixth, a position they finished the following year, so that really worked out well.

He was asked to help out at QPR when Arry was having treatment on his brown paper bags or something, and joined them on a 3 month contract. QPR agreed to let him leave 2 weeks early to take over at Derby, not because the QPR job was 'too tough'.

I think you do the man a disservice.

​You go girlfriend!

Archived