Coffee Cup

Pearson

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

​What is the actual rumour no one has mentioned it yet?

​I am intrigued too! I had heard that one or two 'senior players' relationships with SM had broken down. 

I assumed Buxton and Bryson but that is simply on being dropped unfairly and/or not really getting a kick this season. 

​I am intrigued too! I had heard that one or two 'senior players' relationships with SM had broken down. 

I assumed Buxton and Bryson but that is simply on being dropped unfairly and/or not really getting a kick this season. 

​I suspect it is just rumours and people clutching at straws as to why we have faded. You can see the stress levels all over Mclarens face during games, a man who doesn't care wouldn't get as worked up. And the two players you mentioned in my opinion would feel frustrated at being dropped but poor performances warrant them being dropped, I think Buxton is too much of a team player though to cause a rift with the manager

​I suspect it is just rumours and people clutching at straws as to why we have faded. You can see the stress levels all over Mclarens face during games, a man who doesn't care wouldn't get as worked up. And the two players you mentioned in my opinion would feel frustrated at being dropped but poor performances warrant them being dropped, I think Buxton is too much of a team player though to cause a rift with the manager

​I agree with Bryson being poor. 

Buxton has been in and out a couple of times, perhaps fairly, but being dropped after a 3-0 win at home to Brighton, and dropped after scoring twice in a 3-2 win against Sheffield Wednesday would grind the gears of even the most ardent team player. 

I fear the "Albentosa will be playing next week" comment after the Brighton away game (I think) might have been seen as a tad harsh. Given that Keogh is undroppable, SM has basically said "I am dropping Buxton" in a post match interview. It's not in the league of Cloughs "Go back to Wigan or wherever he came from" comment, but still very unprofessional. 

Buxton is a fans favourite and is clearly a very very popular leader and member of the squad. If other senior players that aren't getting a game regularly (Ward/Bryson/Dawkins) saw that as being poor treatment of their team mate, it could cause rumblings. 

There could be lots of false rumours, but anyone that believes our recent relegation form capitulation is simply down to the absence of Martin, must have think surely? Teams get injuries and sure, they might drop a few points, even a fair few, but our recent form is chaotic. So much so that if we drew with Blackpool tonight, would anyone be THAT shocked? Massively disappointed, and angry, but not that shocked. 

Something is going on behind the scenes. Surely. 

Not sure what is postable and what will get the mods legal team quivering.

Feel free to delete if you think it's contentious

The basic rumour is the same that has been doing the rounds everywhere about MacClaren leaving in the summer, however this one also includes someone else leaving (not a player) that I've not seen mentioned anywhere, and is the "bad news" I allude to - IF TRUE

The daft bit of the rumour is that big-hearted Bucko was so upset about the news that a cup of coffee was spilled. That doesn't equate to him getting dropped though. The injury/operation is genuine

And for the record, the rumour came from someone who works in sports broadcasting (not local radio before you ask) and i've never met them, so can't vouch for them. It's very much in "friend of a friend of a friend" territory, so take it with the appropriate amount of salt.

I know I am!

Not sure what is postable and what will get the mods legal team quivering.

Feel free to delete if you think it's contentious

The basic rumour is the same that has been doing the rounds everywhere about MacClaren leaving in the summer, however this one also includes someone else leaving (not a player) that I've not seen mentioned anywhere, and is the "bad news" I allude to - IF TRUE

The daft bit of the rumour is that big-hearted Bucko was so upset about the news that a cup of coffee was spilled. That doesn't equate to him getting dropped though. The injury/operation is genuine

​So Sam Rush to sort out Newcastle's awfully run business side of things?

Archived