In one sentence: why do you think our form has dropped?

Bridgford Ram

John Vicars is still on the official site as Chief Operating Officer.

Just a note: Jed Buxton is Commercial Sales Executive - Is that Jakes brother?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was so much talk of getting the players running early and having plenty of matches, I also remember Rams player interviews with the new brazilian fitness guru... All this after only maybe 2 weeks break in a LONG season... The squad seems so Jaded at the mo and it might explain the amount of injuries

​or not doing as much fitness work as Clough did in preseason, meaning drop in stamina compared to last season

​not sure I can agree with that. Never seen energy, stamina or effort, or any physical fitness being a contributing factor to any poor result recently.

John Vicars wasn't fired. He just stopped tweeting after he almost got in to trouble of his Ipswich/Library tweet

My one sentence?

Excess amounts of iPro were consumed and that made the urinals go all weird and rusty and it has confused fans so much that we can no longer concentrate on supporting the lads

​not sure I can agree with that. Never seen energy, stamina or effort, or any physical fitness being a contributing factor to any poor result recently.

​I was replying to the post about tiredness being because they were pushed too hard in pre-season. SM has indicated tiredness and being "leggy" on occasions too.

Injuries to all players in the two pivotal roles in our system have of course hampered us, but McClaren's handling of the Newcastle speculation showed disrespect to his current employers and his lack of commitment IMMEDIATELY after the rumours started ("I'm not going anywhere" came nearly two weeks later, and might as well have been said with Rush standing behind him with a gun in his back) has affected the mood in the dressing room.

There was so much talk of getting the players running early and having plenty of matches, I also remember Rams player interviews with the new brazilian fitness guru... All this after only maybe 2 weeks break in a LONG season... The squad seems so Jaded at the mo and it might explain the amount of injuries

​They had a month's break and reported back for pre season training on 27 June (having undergone fitness tests at a university on the 2 preceding days) .The first pre season match came against Mickleover Sports on 1 July,just 5 days after starting.I think you're confusing "getting the players running early" with getting them doing ball work early.

All I can say for fact is that the stamina building hard slog undergone the season before saw us still full of running throughout the play offs,following a long,hard normal season.

Something else that is worrying about our performances is that we rely on passing the ball past our opponents, it's very rare that players will take opposition on and try to beat them. And when we do, we often lose the ball, and it costs us (cf Hendrick on Saturday). You'd think that they'd look to address this in training.

Likewise, we often see our players getting outsmarted and beaten in the same way we don't try to. There's far too much standing off and hoping Grant will get us out of jail.

I think other teams have realised this, and have set up to pressurise the player on the ball into making mistakes, and made sure that all obvious passing targets are man-marked. Given that it's usually a midfielder who loses the ball, and nobody covers them, they have about a mile of space to run into in the middle of the park, then run at our defenders who will likely stand off, or set a winger off. It's become very easy to score against us, and now they know how to stop us coming forward. The lack of a plan B is reminiscent of the Clough years.

Archived