Race for the Playoffs

Bris Vegas

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else about to watch Ipswich Wolves, big game for us?

If I've fi my maths right, if wolves win, and we win, we'll be 4 points clear (+ goal difference) with two games to go. So just a draw against Middlesborough would see us guaranteed 5th.

Course, now I say that, wolves are loosing. 

How do Ipswich do it. 50% pass completion.

Thats not professional football. Mccarthy muSt be the best organiser in world football.  Because his teams play the ugliest stuff ever. 

Works though I suppose.

3rd and 4th will be laughing at the prospect of facing us and Ipswich. 

I have a sneaky suspicion that the final might be us and Ipswich. 

Although I also have a sneaky feeling it's not all over yet for Ipswich. Brentford can still over turn their goal difference. If Ipswich were to win 1 and loose 1 of their last two, 1-0 each, and Brentford won their last two 2-0, that's not a totally unrealistic outcome. 

​Having just failed to get automatics they wont be rubbing their hands or laughing. The doubt will set in, along with nerves and this will rub off with their fans as well with players and their coaches 

Great thing about the play-offs is its a clean slate...IF we can get the defence sorted out (and by that I mean still being 'not great' but not being the comedy gold of the last few months) AND we have a fit Martin and Thorne available we could easily win it..

Great thing about the play-offs is its a clean slate...IF we can get the defence sorted out (and by that I mean still being 'not great' but not being the comedy gold of the last few months) AND we have a fit Martin and Thorne available we could easily win it..

That sounds like your writing some sort of IfThisThenThat programme. 

IF {defense gets sorted} AND {Martin fit} AND {Thorne fit} THEN {win play offs}. 

Simole really. 

Lets just get the 3pts to get us in the mix and take from there. Luck plays a big part in team sports and certainly have had the most bad luck this season. Bournemouth with next to nothing injuries and 15 pens awarded to them this season might be due some bad luck now. Todays game saw them get a player sent off and concede a late pen. Their next bad luck could be injuries, missing out on autos and then meeting the Rams in the play-offs

Tell you what, how massive is that last minute goal against Brentford looking now? They've gone to pot since.

Also, from a neutral point of view - how good are the playoffs going to be this year?

I can't remember such a quality four-team playoff in a long time. Last year was a poor standard, the year before even worse when Palace managed to go up.

Would love to see Ipswich and Norwich kick lumps out of each other in a playoff semi-final as a neutral. 

PistoldPete2

3rd and 4th could be 2 from bournemouth, norwich and Watford , none of them have beaten us this season. 

IF {defense gets sorted} AND {Martin fit} AND {Thorne fit} THEN {win play offs}. 

Simole really. 

​What a lot of boolean

Simole really. 

​IF {defense gets sorted} AND {Martin fit} AND {Thorne fit} THEN {win play offs} ELSE {Doom & Gloom Sets In for the Summer}

Archived